Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Memorial Day Department by the Stones
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2008 06:23

Isn't This Getting a Little Stupid:
The Rolling Stones Official Store brings you the Memorial Day Department

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-23 09:43 by bv.

Re: Isn't This Getting a Little Stupid: The Rolling Stones Official Store brings you the Memorial Day Department
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 23, 2008 08:33

The sad thing is that I wasn't hardly surprised when I got that email.

Re: Isn't This Getting a Little Stupid: The Rolling Stones Official Store brings you the Memorial Day Department
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 23, 2008 09:21

I got that email too , but excuse my ignorance but what is Memorial Day a memorial of ,the email says Memorial Day is early this year so I presume it moves every year, if that's the case what is its significance

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: May 23, 2008 09:35

It's more than stupid. Do people really buy such ridiculous things, and at these prices? I wouldn't dream of bying, for example, a pair of glasses for 180 USD that aren't intended for use as sunglasses or for driving?? What the hell are they intended for then???

Mats

Re: The Memorial Day Department by the Stones
Posted by: turd ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:06

Their t shirts are becoming cringeworthy - apart from when you go to see them on tour (by which time you''d need a new one anyway), who would wear such ghastly garb.
This is a great example for someone who definatelly does not want to blend into the crowd........

[rollingstones.shop.musictoday.com]

(pic wouldn't appear on page))

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-23 10:10 by turd.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:10

can i assume, that Memorial Day, is an American public holiday?

Date: May 23, 2008 10:15

Yeah - guess it must be a public holiday.
Which begs the question, why don't they do a 'Bank Holiday Monday' t shirt for guys in the uK.

Date: May 23, 2008 10:17

who buys this shit?
someone must- they wouldn't produce/advertise it, otherwise.

Date: May 23, 2008 10:23

Don't forget though - they need the money.

Date: May 23, 2008 10:30

you rarely see fans wearing this sort of crap at the concerts, let alone walking down the street in 'normal' life.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 23, 2008 13:06

Adrian-L
can i assume, that Memorial Day, is an American public holiday?

Yes, Adrian, although it is not as widely observed now as it was in years past.
Banks & post offices will be closed, but many businesses will be open.
Some parts of the country still celebrate with parades, bar-b-ques, etc., but where I live, we trade it off for Mardi Gras (Carnival.)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 23, 2008 13:10

thanks for the info Edith - have a good day, if you're observing it.

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: May 23, 2008 13:23

Americans love this kind of thing though don't they?
*takes cover*

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 23, 2008 13:53

phelge
*takes cover*

To quote Lynryd Skynyrd - "You Got That Right."

Date: May 23, 2008 14:50

phelge

Wouldn't catch me wearing this kind of thing, primarily because it is not worth eighty bucks and I think it's gaudy as hell.
As a side note, I think most persons that are well versed in the proper display of the American flag would say that fashioning the flag into a piece of clothing is unacceptable.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2008 15:15

Adrian-L
you rarely see fans wearing this sort of crap at the concerts, let alone walking down the street in 'normal' life.

*Quiet whistle - Looking away*

grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 23, 2008 22:48

Kent - you are generally, the exception, rather than the rule winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 24, 2008 13:00

Adrian-L
Kent - you are generally, the exception, rather than the rule winking smiley

Hahaha. That's probably right on the money. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: May 24, 2008 16:19

Memorial Day is a time for us to remember...to remember those days when this sort of crap would never see the light of day.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 24, 2008 16:44

The last time they sent one of these idiotic offers I e-mailed them a link to the page here dissing said offer, much as everyone is doing now.

THREE MONTHS LATER I got a form e-mail back stating "we're sorry but we can't forward this request to the band."

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 24, 2008 18:47

Memorial day is to pay tribute to those who gave their lives in wars - what better way that to purchase overpriced garbage for the Stones Offical $$$ Site!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 24, 2008 18:52

I don't know what this is about - can it be viewed on their incredibly lame website?

Memorial Day is the last Monday in May.

What it is about I'm not really sure other than one more goddamn excuse for banks and post offices to be closed since they don't have enough fu*cking days off as it is. President's Day? Who came up with that one? If Ted Kennedy dies we'll probably have Kennedy Day, which will be another day off.

America has so many stupid holidays. Even July 4th is stupid. Personally the 'holidays' I observe, and not exactly for their existence, are:

Mardi Gras (for those of you not familiar with New Orleans and French, it's French for Fat Tuesday and for some reason only in New Orleans and Louisiana do they say Mardi Gras day, which is redundant - Fat Tuesday day? That is typical American laziness. Oh and I know it didn't start in New Orleans, I was just pointing out the 'Mardi Gras day' thing)

Halloween - It's become a great day/night in New Orleans, right behind Mardi Gras.

Thanksgiving - because of the food. I could give a shit that the Europeans came over here and invented terrorism. Why would I brag and 'give thanks' to dead people and care about that?

Christmas - to get the loot. Everyone knows Jesus Christ wasn't born that day. It's just one big commercial at the end of the year to make everyone feel good.

That's my vent.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: May 24, 2008 20:18

Memorial day is a day for honoring those who have died for our country. Come on people have some respect and say a prayer for those who have died to defend Americans freedoms. It is most definetly not a stupid waste of time holiday.

Date: May 24, 2008 20:37

Is anyone defending American freedom in Iraq? Did they in Viet Nam?

World War Two made sense. Except for the fact that war is just stupid.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 24, 2008 21:20

I'm Jewish and all of our holidays have the same theme and I say it at the table at the start of every holiday:

They tried to kill us, we won, let's eat

Date: May 24, 2008 21:43

Oh wait - it's an excuse to raise gasoline prices.

Duhhhh!!!!!

Date: May 25, 2008 00:32

A Memorial Day tradition since 1911:

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 25, 2008 14:34

We memoralize our soldiers here tomorrow, most of whom died unselfishly trying to liberate the continents where many on this board were born and live. Those who would make snotty comments about Americans and their traditions should take that under advisement.

Date: May 25, 2008 15:04

R
We memoralize our soldiers here tomorrow, most of whom died unselfishly trying to liberate the continents where many on this board were born and live. Those who would make snotty comments about Americans and their traditions should take that under advisement.

Well, America did not do it all single-handedly.
And don't forget that a young America received help in the latter part of the 18th century.

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: May 25, 2008 15:12

skipstone
I don't know what this is about - can it be viewed on their incredibly lame website?

Memorial Day is the last Monday in May.

What it is about I'm not really sure other than one more goddamn excuse for banks and post offices to be closed since they don't have enough fu*cking days off as it is. President's Day? Who came up with that one? If Ted Kennedy dies we'll probably have Kennedy Day, which will be another day off.

America has so many stupid holidays. Even July 4th is stupid. Personally the 'holidays' I observe, and not exactly for their existence, are:

Mardi Gras (for those of you not familiar with New Orleans and French, it's French for Fat Tuesday and for some reason only in New Orleans and Louisiana do they say Mardi Gras day, which is redundant - Fat Tuesday day? That is typical American laziness. Oh and I know it didn't start in New Orleans, I was just pointing out the 'Mardi Gras day' thing)

Halloween - It's become a great day/night in New Orleans, right behind Mardi Gras.

Thanksgiving - because of the food. I could give a shit that the Europeans came over here and invented terrorism. Why would I brag and 'give thanks' to dead people and care about that?

Christmas - to get the loot. Everyone knows Jesus Christ wasn't born that day. It's just one big commercial at the end of the year to make everyone feel good.

That's my vent.

wow...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home