Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SAL is so incredible !!
Posted by: christie ()
Date: May 22, 2008 20:48

I am tired of reading HERE !!! so much stupidities about that masterpiece of Martin Scorcese. I saw SAL X 8 in my town. It stayed 3 weeks, and several no fans came with me. They also found the film fantastic. When I see some people giving some 'bad' critics without seing it ! I precise imo The Band is a minor band. The last waltz was just a boring moment. Even in dvd some years later.
The best film about the Rolling Stones is here now. Christie.

Re: SAL is so incredible !!
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 22, 2008 21:02

Ok, that's your opinion, thank you!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 22, 2008 21:32

For somebody interested in American popular music, the movie The Last Waltz is a must. That been said, SAL is a fantastic movie for different reasons.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: May 22, 2008 21:33

Happy anniversary, Christie.

See you in a year for your annual post.

Date: May 22, 2008 21:36

I don't think it's a masterpiece but it's certainly much better than some people around here make it out to be. I went to see the film with some friends of mine who are around my age (22-23 years old) and they loved it. A couple of friends even asked me to lend them some Stones albums.

So yeah, greaat film.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 22, 2008 23:13

Tried for years to get a friend to go to a Stones concert. He always said "nah, I got the cds". Well, he saw SAL with me 2 times and now he realizes he got a glimpse at what the fuss is all about to see'em live.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2008 00:46

GO christie ... 8 times now that surely must say something

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: May 23, 2008 00:50

SAL is finally playing in my home town of Chico CA I will see it this weekend and can't wait!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 23, 2008 03:38

its coming to Oz next week

woohoo !

the fever is coming, i can feel it in my bones ...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 23, 2008 07:03

everyone bitches, but too me... SAL captures the stones better than anything since Ladies and Gentlemen. After the third viewing, I did get a little bored during the warhorses. However, the first 2x I saw it I was enthralled for the entire film.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 23, 2008 22:19

Guitarist Blondie Chaplin stands in the dark and plays all the songs from A to Z.

Keep your money!!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 23, 2008 22:52

noughties, also i think he plays all the songs from Z to A too. And he sings too. And sometimes he does play two quitars simultaneity. The question is who the hell does play drums, but i'm sure you have an answer. "Keep your money!!"?? Thanks, keep your advices.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: May 24, 2008 00:29

stickydion
noughties, also i think he plays all the songs from Z to A too. And he sings too. And sometimes he does play two quitars simultaneity. The question is who the hell does play drums, but i'm sure you have an answer. "Keep your money!!"?? Thanks, keep your advices.
Great comment sticky!!!
Enough with the bull***t!!!!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 24, 2008 17:44

I don`t think it`s a great comment. Surprised?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: May 24, 2008 21:15

rollmops
For somebody interested in American popular music, the movie The Last Waltz is a must. That been said, SAL is a fantastic movie for different reasons.
Rock and Roll,
Mops
yes, not apples to apples, dylan, band, and most everyone were still in their prime. you could compare stones in sal to ronnie hawkins in last waltz maybe lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home