Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : No drums - what can a poor band do? ;-)
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 22, 2008 12:55

Rock shows without drums and drummer are not as enjoyable as the "normal" ones. But I've seen somewhere solo artist playing acoustic shows and using some machine to play drums, but not from playback.

They clap their hands, record it on stage and then the machine repeats it or something? Just to make the song go in right tempo.

Is there anything like this? Having no drummer and no chance of drums in a band isn't optimistic... ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-22 13:41 by Amused.

Re: No drums - what can a poor band do? ;-)
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 22, 2008 13:31

Erm what are you getting at? Some musicians record multiple tracks that they loop to build a song around, which is obviously not because they lack a drummer but just because it's a cool performance.

But I'm not sure what you're question is. Yes, there is 'anything like this'. But what does it have to do with the Stones?

Re: No drums - what can a poor band do? ;-)
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 22, 2008 13:40

King Snake, it's off topic. Nothing to do with the Stones. You can't talk just about the Stones all the time, can you? :-)

The thing is, I'm playing guitar. Not very good, but trying, and it's fun smiling smiley I'm just worrying about live perfomances when there's no chance of having drummer.

If there is something like this, how is it called and any more info how does it work would be very nice... smiling smiley

Re: OT : No drums - what can a poor band do? ;-)
Date: May 22, 2008 14:17

Well ok, there's a pedal by Boss, the RC-20XL Loop Station, that does the trick if you hook it up to a microphone and clap your hands.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 22, 2008 16:10

John Lee Hooker stomped his foot on a piece of wood. Nothing beats that!

C

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 22, 2008 19:05

Depeche Mode

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: May 22, 2008 20:05

I totally agree ....no drummer = bad show, but then I'm a drummer....lol

You could get an electronic drum machine I suppose but that's pretty boring, huh?

I guess you want to have the audience hear a drum beat and you'll play along to it, right?

Marv

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 22, 2008 21:01

Depeche Mode's popularity grew because of their live shows. Even though they have drummer now they used tapes and drum machines for the first half of their career. It can happen but a band would really need a good frontman.

Date: May 22, 2008 21:03

How about getting a @#$%& drummer?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home