Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Sex Drive" - Video
Posted by: Simon ()
Date: May 14, 2008 16:55

Hey guys,

i just stumbled across this absolute fanciful and ridicolous shot on youtube:

Do i interpret this in the right way: mr. watts as a psychiatrist for mr. jagger, trying to heal his "sex drive"???

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!

In any case it shows, that they don't take themselves too seriously...

Re: "Sex Drive" - Video
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 14, 2008 16:59

Simon
Hey guys,

Do i interpret this in the right way: mr. watts as a psychiatrist for mr. jagger, trying to heal his "sex drive"???

charlie is perfectly cast.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:00

yes that's it and it was hot hot hot (as pretended) during film making between Mick and some girls.

It was a very nice surprise at the time to get 2 brand new studio songs for Flashpoint release.

Posted by: Simon ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:10

sweet neo con

charlie is perfectly cast.

WORD!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:10

theres a boot dvd of all their promos that has the version of this with the girls nude-makes it quite a bit more interesting!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:27

Did they really ever expect a hit though?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:41

Charlie is definetly typecast!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: turd ()
Date: May 14, 2008 18:17

Is that the last Stones video that Bill Wyman appeared in?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2008 18:55

It was. In fact it was probably his final actvity as a Stone. He's hardly gonna turn down a chance to be in a video which has a naked chick in it.

He wasnt in the video for 'Highwire', which was the single which preceded it, because he refused to travel to New York for the video shoot (fear of flying)

The girl, incidentally, is Lisa Barbuscia (latterly known as the model and songer, Lisa cool smiley

Theres two versions of the video. The 'underwear' one and the 'muff' version....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 14, 2008 18:58

"'muff' version"

Is that a technical term?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 14, 2008 18:59

It's about as technical as I can get away with, without getting kicked off....

Date: May 14, 2008 20:20

In the words of Country Dick Montana "Hubba hubba hubba hubba hubba-I'm a happy boy!!"

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 14, 2008 20:31

Funny how this song sounds a wee bit similar to Keith's Big Enough from the year before...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 14, 2008 21:05

I like the song, it's a good groove track/James Brown trubute. Anybody else notice a different version appears on the 1998 remaster of Flashpoint (timed 4:30) from the 1991 origina; (5:07)? Was it replaced by one of the remixes from the single that I no longer have?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 14, 2008 21:14

Stones tribute to Prince?

Date: May 14, 2008 22:02

James Brown, more like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-14 23:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 14, 2008 22:55

>Anybody else notice a different version appears on the 1998 remaster of Flashpoint (timed 4:30) from the 1991 origina; (5:07)? Was it replaced by one of the remixes from the single that I no longer have?

Yep. The original album version was replaced on the '98 remaster (mistakenly?) by the "Dirty Hands Mix". There's also a 12" Mix that's 6:00.

Date: May 15, 2008 00:17

All 4 versions are on Glimmer Twins Records(001) "LOSTPOINT" kinda a semi-boot?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 15, 2008 00:21

re this repacement, I find it curious that both the '91 original and the remaster were mastered by Bob Ludvig - maybe the replacement was intentional.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 15, 2008 00:50

i think "funk" is the only musical style (besides death metal ;-) that the stones
just dont have the feel for. when they play blues they are better than the rest. when they play country they sound @#$%& amazing. and when they rock, they rock like no one else. but if they try to be funky it just sound terrible! the only exeption is maybe "hot stuf".
with all the other attempts they just failed miserably.

Date: May 15, 2008 01:42

Dont agree. Dance (especially Part 2) and Everything Is Turning to Gold are both musically superb. And if Fingerprint File can be deemed to fall into that category, its pretty wonderful too. Can we count 'Slave' as well? One of the best things they ever put out, in my book.

Cant think of too many white bands who can get a groove like those songs.

Agree with what you say about them playing country. Its a style they still play wonderfully. A pity they dont do it even more.

Unfortunately the amount of blues they play now in concert is almost non-existent. Who would have ever imagined that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-15 01:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: May 15, 2008 05:13

I had no idea this video existed. I bought the Highwire / Sex Drive "Cassingle"eye popping smiley when it first came out in advance of the Flashpoint album.

I very self-righteously did not own a TV back in this period but it seems like somebody would have told me if this was in anything like heavy rotation on MTV.

Does anybody remember seeing this video at the time?

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: May 15, 2008 05:22

One of the worst Stones song of all time then why make this ridulous video?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2008 07:36

YEP!!!... Both versions a number of times on thee television...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 15, 2008 13:32

Great funk tune. But playing that James Brown-riff is just like including the Start Me Up-riff in one of your own rock songs IMO. Like Keith's guitar work on this one, especially at the breaks.

Date: May 15, 2008 14:55

Gazza
Dont agree. Dance (especially Part 2) and Everything Is Turning to Gold are both musically superb. And if Fingerprint File can be deemed to fall into that category, its pretty wonderful too. Can we count 'Slave' as well? One of the best things they ever put out, in my book.

Cant think of too many white bands who can get a groove like those songs.

Agree with what you say about them playing country. Its a style they still play wonderfully. A pity they dont do it even more.

Unfortunately the amount of blues they play now in concert is almost non-existent. Who would have ever imagined that?

i love slave, dance and fingerprint file. but i wouldnt call slave a funk tune. the other 2..hmm hard to say. but i was talking about those classiv james brownish funk tunes: suck on the jagular, sweet thing (ok jagger solo), and sex drive and even look what the cat dragged in in a way.

Date: May 15, 2008 14:58

'Jugular' is godawful. Decent groove, but very banal.

Date: May 15, 2008 15:00

cbtaco19
I had no idea this video existed. I bought the Highwire / Sex Drive "Cassingle"eye popping smiley when it first came out in advance of the Flashpoint album.

I very self-righteously did not own a TV back in this period but it seems like somebody would have told me if this was in anything like heavy rotation on MTV.

Yep..MTV (in Europe) actually had a special 'video premiere' of it in August 1991, showing the raunchier version. The following day they premiered the cleaner version.

Wasnt on much after that, though as I recall.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 15, 2008 17:47

STONES ARE REALLY GOOD IN PLAYING FUNK!!!

Date: May 15, 2008 18:04

Wild Slivovitz
STONES ARE REALLY GOOD IN PLAYING FUNK!!!

name me one decent classic funk song?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home