Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SAL # 1 magic moment
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 12, 2008 20:53

There is this point, at 3.58 of She Was Hot, it starts with a joyful Lisa saying yeah - 30 seconds of pure magic!!! On the CD you can hear the excitement, the band going to another level - something else - Stones as their best!!!

And just see how Scorsese's team catches their smiling eyes!!!!!

Ok, by far it was not the "perfect version" BUT loads of heart and soul, oh yeah!!!

C

Re: SAL # 1 magic moment
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:02

I totally agree ! This is my favorite moment too.
I love the beginning of Loving Cup as well.
Finally, Some girls and Brown Sugar have something very special.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:13

...not to mention Keith's wink during As Tears Go By and Mick mouthing something with the F word to Charlie toward the end of All Down The Line...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:23

Another magic moment is 3:05 to 3:46... It's pure magic, I really love it smiling smiley Just My Imagination!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:33

Buddy "MF" Guy

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:52

Keith spitting out a cigarette and a young Jagger being asked if he could imagine still 'doing this' when he's 60 - his reply got a cheer at our showing!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 12, 2008 23:18

keith at the the end of YGTS "that was cool he?"

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: May 13, 2008 05:52

Yeah , shit , yeah
she was hot was the most wonderful moment of SAL.
i totally agree

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 13, 2008 05:54

I think Some girls,imo.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2008 14:47

two facial expressions :

1) In a film which relies too much on fast-moving, MTV-esque jump cuts for my liking, there's one absolutely fantastic lingering shot of Buddy Guy staring across the stage at Mick

2) The very end of the show, when Keith is down on his knee, absolutely spent and looks like he's about to catch his last breath - and you're confronted with the reality (in case you didnt already know it) that these guys arent getting any younger. Then a quick smile and a wink and all's well again - and you get that reassuring feeling that he'll be doing this until (to paraphrase Charlton Heston) they have to prise the guitar from his cold, dead hands....

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:06

Gazza
two facial expressions :

2) The very end of the show, when Keith is down on his knee, ....

I almost cried..

Date: May 13, 2008 15:13

Keith just after YGTS: "That was pretty cool, ey"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:15

For me it's also that out of breath Keith moment at the end. My heart skipped a beat. Also I loved seeing Charlie out of breath.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 13, 2008 15:18

Buddy Guy Mount Rushmore moment.....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 13, 2008 17:29

That shot of a worn-out-but-happy Keith at the end of Satisfaction is the one for me, too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 21:08

a funny moment for me in the movie was when keith gives his guitar to buddy guy at the end of champane and reefer .the guitar was a guild hollowbody the kind buddy has played once or twice before in his career.i didnt think he would give up one of his prized gibson, or fenders.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 13, 2008 21:51

Can you believe I missed that Keith moment when I saw it?! Is it on YT maybe?

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 22:59

Mick saying 'easily' with no hesitation really got a cheer in our showing as well!!(edinburgh) For me, that moment on she was hot (if I rememeber correctly) when Mick goes a bit crazy and starts dancing while he's looking at Lisa!! Keith's look when he sings 'at your kitchen door'really did it for me...Maybe the whole of You got the silver... Mick singing in Just my Imagination: fellow with a one track mind and then-Yes, I am- and sort of laughing.. I love that one too!! And the fact that Mick looked like he was having such a good time during the end of All down the line, and that moment with Charlie that someone mentioned as well!! And Keith's look when he does that guitar thing(can anyone tell I'm not a guitar expert?) on Champagne and Reefer, sort of answering to Buddy Guy's solo and looking at him in a sarcastic funny way, veeeeeeery cool!! Yeah, maybe I just talked about all of my favourite moments...Thanks, crackheads.... (is that what he says?)

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-14 17:38 by gia43.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: May 13, 2008 23:29

I got a kick out of Keith's look of utter disgust/disdain towards Christina as she was leaving the stage. I don't think he cared for her being up there.

I liked the look on Jack White's face when his voice cracked once trying to hit the higher notes in Loving Cup. It was as if he was thinking, "I can't believe I'm here right now and I @#$%& that piece up!". I do think he took it as an honor to be up there, whereas Christina took it as a 5 minute bit in a movie.

Visually, I thought the cigarette spitting bit that Keith did was cool. I wondered though if that might have been done in post-production. Maybe it was a pre-discussed image and not spontaneous. Who knows (or cares) - it still looked pretty cool.

Musically, I can't think of any songs that I thought were clunkers other than I didn't really care much for Live With Me. Not because of Miss Aguilera(sp?) either, I just don't care a lot for that song. She Was Hot, Champagne & Reefer, and Far Away Eyes were probably my favorites walking away from the theatre. When I watch the DVD, I'm sure I'll recall other highlights and find
more lowlights.

All of that babble and I can't really recall any particular "magic moment" (other than the obvious shared mic moment).

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 14, 2008 00:24

Magic moment for me defintely, Dio mio!!! a cinema master peace, when Keith and Mick are cheack to cheack singning Faraway eyes, I was completely excited!!! My hair of top in that moment!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2008 04:05

I thought that Far Away Eyes was, by an absolute mile, the musical low point of the entire film.

An undeniably cute visual moment of Mick & Keith sharing the same mic for a few seconds for the first time since 1492 doesnt make up for a ramshackle performance and one of the most soulless vocal performances of Mick's entire career.

'Champagne and a reefer', from start to finish, blew spots off anything else in the film.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-14 04:06 by Gazza.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 14, 2008 05:20

Ronnie giving the nod to Charlie at the end of Some Girls was pretty cool, too...

Was Mick playing open tuning throughout Some Girls? Sure looked like it...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 14, 2008 15:19

Gazza
I thought that Far Away Eyes was, by an absolute mile, the musical low point of the entire film.

An undeniably cute visual moment of Mick & Keith sharing the same mic for a few seconds for the first time since 1492 doesnt make up for a ramshackle performance and one of the most soulless vocal performances of Mick's entire career.

I thought Faraway Eyes was quite good. Mick isn't exactly soulless. But he's perhaps a little too tongue-in-cheek. If you wanna talk ramshackle, try Connection.

EDIT: That said, I think they pulled off Bob Wills Is Still The King better (From The Biggest Bang).

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-14 15:32 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 14, 2008 15:25

FAE was always supposed to be tongue in cheek. The original is just as OTT.
I think the Stones get away with it because their feel for country is very real and authentic.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:03

By the way, I was just listening to Undercover from the Jap release: what a treat! And I love the bit where - as somebody noted earlier - Ronnie drops in the the cat dragged in line ... Probably its true that they had rehearsed the song to play it live, but who knows why they aborted the idea. Great song that cat dragged in is!

By the way, all this confirms my idea that this current incarnation of the band has a great potential for hard funk music with a dance vibe. I would love to hear them doing Everything's turning to gold-

C

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:19

Buddy Guy obviously and also Jack White sharing microphone with Mick on Loving Cup.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:21

Gazza

'Champagne and a reefer', from start to finish, blew spots off anything else in the film.

Heck, you're not even kiddin' eye popping smiley
It's actually one of the highlights for me and I don't get tired of it at all.
I do agree on 'Champagne and a reefer' - fantastic.
most annoying are the "other" guests - yuck.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 14, 2008 17:38

Gazza

i agrre with you about FA but dont agree that C&R is so way up on top of the rest I think that TD which is right after is a real gooood version and SG, SWH, JJF and even Shattered are up there with C&R imo

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 14, 2008 18:25

I loved Ronnie playing pedal steel on Far Away Eyes. I couldn't care less about two sweaty old guys putting their arms around eachothers neck.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 14, 2008 22:01

Mick looking at Keith at the end of As Tears Go By with a satisfactory smile as if he was telling Him : in fact, we did a pretty good job ( after introducing this song as a " we were not sure of it " )

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home