Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TFI Friday-The Best TV Doc about the Stones from 99 Tour (Video)
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: April 28, 2008 00:51

One of the best Tv Docs about the Stones,in my humble opinion and definitily the best about the 99 Tour. Good and funny interviews, and the band seem to enjoy the interviewer!The at his best! Enjoy it,like I did!!
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-29 15:51 by Riffbuk.

Re: TFI Friday-The Best TV Doc about the Stones from 97/98 Tour (Video)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 28, 2008 05:12

Its from April 1999. The footage is from Chicago 12.4.99. Good documentary indeed. They used clips from it in 'Shine a Light'

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 28, 2008 07:00

thanks for posting this. really interesting and has a lot of charm to it. Parts are laugh out loud funny.

Only thing is it stopped working right when I was ready to watch Part V.

Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: April 29, 2008 14:22

are the performance clips of the B2B tour from Chicago too???

Date: April 29, 2008 14:24

yes..the 12th April No Security show

Re: TFI Friday - Chris Evans's 1999 interviews
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 29, 2008 14:28

maybe the gallant Riffbuk would be good enough to correct the date in the title of the thread?
so many people stop reading after the headlines, and the interviews are from 1999 ...
please and thank you kindly

Re: TFI Friday-The Best TV Doc about the Stones from 99 Tour (Video)
Date: April 29, 2008 15:56

with sssoul wrote
maybe the gallant Riffbuk would be good enough to correct the date in the title of the thread?

Thank you with sssoul ! You are absolutely right! I changed the title already.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 29, 2008 17:50

That was as good a report on the Rolling Stones as I have ever seen. That should be a DVD! I have never seen the Stones so cooperative with a journalist. Simply fantastic!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 29, 2008 18:55

Keith in good shape during IORR on stage (yes, 9 years ago..). I like the way the camera moves. Lots of dynamic in it. April 20, 99 was filmed too but not released. Too bad.
Excellent post, thank you.

Posted by: wälder ()
Date: April 29, 2008 19:14

Hi,

where I can get a copy of this doku?

Regards,

Daniel

Date: April 30, 2008 02:23

Here wälder!
There is already an DVD!

Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: May 1, 2008 00:57

Is it possible for someone to upload this dvd??? Or is it already uploaded somewhere on the web/torrent????

Thank you very much!

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 1, 2008 01:28

Very entertaining indeed!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 1, 2008 02:32

One of the best Tv Docs indeed.

really enjoyed it - thanks for posting the clips.

Posted by: crash ()
Date: September 6, 2008 19:31

mrrockandroll
Is it possible for someone to upload this dvd??? Or is it already uploaded somewhere on the web/torrent????

Thank you very much!

here ya go, mrrockandroll... winking smiley

POST: Pro-shot DVD - 1.90 GB - T.F.I. Chicago '99 - 12th April, 1999 (rapidshare)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-06 21:01 by crash.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 6, 2008 19:58

Shawn20
That was as good a report on the Rolling Stones as I have ever seen. That should be a DVD! I have never seen the Stones so cooperative with a journalist. Simply fantastic!

The only reason they were so cooperative with THAT journalist, whose name is Chris Evans, is that they were still in the Virgin Records contract at that time and Chris Evans worked for the radio station (he eventually came to own it after buying it from Richard Branson. Evans used to do the Vigin Radio breakfast show for a good while. The Stones just towed the line. Evans is not a particularly liked individual in the UK, and I remember a lot of people's reaction to this doc at the time was typified by statements like "this thing should be re-titled CHRIS EVANS SUCKS UP TO THE ROLLING STONES ... etc etc". Looking back on it now, you have to admit that he did a reasonable job and got their attention and got good material, but don't mistake the reason for that. It was certainly NOT out of any respect for him, it was due to contractual necessity ... and in that respect they performed as the old pros that they are.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 7, 2008 00:15

Best bit for me: Jagger sitting with a keyboard working on a new composition, singing something from "leaving all troubles behind".

N

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 7, 2008 00:27

It's still the best thing ever I think. Excellent.

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: September 7, 2008 01:01

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 6, 2008 19:58

Shawn20

The only reason they were so cooperative with THAT journalist, whose name is Chris Evans, is that they were still in the Virgin Records contract at that time and Chris Evans worked for the radio station (he eventually came to own it after buying it from Richard Branson. Evans used to do the Vigin Radio breakfast show for a good while. The Stones just towed the line. Evans is not a particularly liked individual in the UK, and I remember a lot of people's reaction to this doc at the time was typified by statements like "this thing should be re-titled CHRIS EVANS SUCKS UP TO THE ROLLING STONES ... etc etc". Looking back on it now, you have to admit that he did a reasonable job and got their attention and got good material, but don't mistake the reason for that. It was certainly NOT out of any respect for him, it was due to contractual necessity ... and in that respect they performed as the old pros that they are.

your wrong about that!!!, the reason they were so freindly..it's that they had cancelled the concerts in the uk due to tax reasons and the british press were slating them, saying they had tons of money how dare they!! ...peoeple were selling there tickets for the uk shows, even giving them away in some cases(the press not realising that the stones uk ontourage also were subject to paying the tax and were threatining to quit the tour ,jagger being the man he is carried the can for the whole thing) thye needed the publicity pure and simple and they liked evans for 2 reasons he had as much money as them and likes drinks and drugs...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 7, 2008 02:35

always watch my dvd of this one, enjoy it the same every time

Date: September 8, 2008 18:46

>the press not realising that the stones uk ontourage also were subject to paying the tax and were threatining to quit the tour ,

A statement which was used at the time to justify the postponements, but which was later revealed (by Q magazine) to be somewhat inaccurate, as the vast majority of the Stones' crew - not being UK residents - were not subject to the tax restrictions.

Agree with the gist of what youre saying though. It made good press for the Stones at a time when they needed it, helped shift a few tickets - although theres no way that they would have done this as some kind of contractual obligation to Virgin or Evans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-08 18:47 by Gazza.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 9, 2008 03:43

The awful evil Virgin Records.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 9, 2008 11:56

Hugely enjoyable to watch!

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 9, 2008 17:58

Nice thread, thanks for posting these videos. I really like this video, mainly because it is long and has some substance to it, similar to the BBC Stones in Morocco video that is also on YouTube.

Date: September 28, 2008 09:05

great documentary - thanks, guys!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home