Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

please forgive! a LZ question
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 26, 2008 00:45

Apologies in advance for bringing up Zep here but I saw a DVD(on two different labels out of Japan) advertised of the 07 Reunion show pro shot and sb audio at $44.95. Has anyone else seen or heard of this yet??

Re: please forgive! a LZ question
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 26, 2008 01:00

There is NO pro-shot of this show circulating. Google Led Zeppelin Third Eye and grab that show off a torrent...it's the best video available. IMO.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:13

I watched a couple of those boot DVDs, and there definitely were a bunch of big cameras zooming about, so it was pro shot. It's conceivable there could be a pro boot out there somewhere, but I agree it is unlikely.

I am of the opinion Plant secretly is not happy with the performance, even though Page and Jones said otherwise, and does not want it released, so I imagine the footage is virtually buried under a nuclear reactor (in Syria perhaps?)...

I certainly wouldn't risk any $$ at all on a supposedly pro shot DVD of the show. Most likely it's not pro-shot, nor will it sound like SB.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 26, 2008 05:11

Page said recently that there are no plans to release the show as a DVD. But then again, we all know what that means...absolutely nothing.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 26, 2008 06:24

Well I just a trade list in from a guy and he listed the 07 dvd at A+

Posted by: johang ()
Date: April 26, 2008 06:43

This is encouraging, its the first time I hear that proshot cameras were there is that true?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2008 07:03

Tate
I watched a couple of those boot DVDs, and there definitely were a bunch of big cameras zooming about, so it was pro shot. .

Means nothing. Those cameras were probably filming the show for the video screens above the stage. Just as you'd see at any large venue.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: April 26, 2008 14:11

Any show with video screens are pro shot, what do you think the do, use roadies with mobile phones ?? ! Of course if a commercial DVD release is planned the production values will rise a bit. I doubt if the this footage would leak,

Posted by: yapthe6th ()
Date: April 26, 2008 15:04

The sad thing is, most of the time, if Jimmy says he won't release something, he doesn't. Really, I can't imagine this thing not being released on DVD. Too much money would be lost.

I hear Robert said he wouldn't mind doing a show in America, no tour, just one show. Maybe if that happens, they can release an edited version of both shows, but thats a HUGE if.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 26, 2008 15:30

I think the one-off idea is just that, and that's why they've said they'll MAYBE do another show here and there. I'm sure it's fun for them, but it's not like the Cream reunion, where everybody is still capable of playing and singing the material. This is LZ, Jimmy isn't as swift as he used to be, JB is not with us, and RP's voice is very different. LZ fans aren't interested in radical re-interpretations, they want a LZ show, circa '73!! So the '07 show at the O2 was a nostalgia event, which in a big indoor venue, with all the reverb, etc, makes it plausible. But clean up the sound and mix, and what you've got is a very different band from 30 yrs ago, and for this reason I totally understand Plant's reluctance to release anything or go on tour.

Just last night I listened to the Plant/Krauss album again... it's brilliant. Wonderful music. That's the kind of cool (and creative) stuff RP is interested in devoting his time to nowadays, rather than a nostalgia event.

I doubt we'll ever see a DVD... RP knows in 6 months it will end up in the used bins.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 30, 2008 19:08

Everyone is correct!! I found out this release has about 30 min of pro shot spliced into the "Third Eye" version. The place I saw it has corrected their advertisment!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 30, 2008 20:19

scottkeef
Apologies in advance for bringing up Zep here...

One should never be needed for Zeppelin.

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home