Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Your SAL comments - for IORR 59
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 22, 2008 23:54

I am putting the IORR no. 59 magazine into print tomorrow morning. Please add your one/two liner quick comment on what you think about the Shine A Light movie. I will try to add as many comments as I get into the magazine SAL section, but hurry, the deadline is in just a few hours - going to print soon. I need your quick personal comment/quote and a name that goes with the quote. Please post here. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Re: Your SAL comments - for IORR 59
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:02

Shine A Light: A successful attempt to capture the magic that is a Rolling Stones concert. The film seals forever the fact that even in their mid-60's the members of The Rolling Stones can still deliver power, energy and loud music as good as they did 46 years ago.

Posted by: benon ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:23

I haven`t seen it. I`m sure that is nice to see old boys again on stage smiling smiley

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:24

A mix of sheer energy and decades of musical wisdom beatifully shot, photographed and edited that captures the essence of the present day Stones, for the good and the bad. It shows what the concept "concert film" was made for.

Emilio Navarro, Madrid, Spain.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:25

Without seeing it, I go for the good reviews and will love it ..... NicoS

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:29

Only the soundtrack so far but what a glorious
chunk of rock&roll noise.....Play LOUD it'll make ya glow ... Rockman

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sole ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:36

Raw Power! The Rolling Stones rock and roll! Guests: Bugs Bunny as Jack White and Daisy Duck as Christina Aguileara.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:47

A masterpiece caught on film.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:51

SAL - This movie will be a treasure chest to take home when it finally comes out on DVD!
one you can rewind and shuttle for repeated viewing.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 23, 2008 00:56

A fun good rocking performance. By the band that always know's how to deliver the goods.

Fred P
California,USA

Date: April 23, 2008 00:59

Rock 'n Roll as it should be

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 23, 2008 01:54

As for the CD, this is the sound of the Stones baking in their sinewy sounds that reveal who they are today; the kind of musicians that separate the men from the boys, thank you very much!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:05

Still goin'strong.. ! The geezers know their rock like their own pockets..
Still its alive, surprising, exciting.. Tough sh*t!

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:16

Not easy to say more, 'cause, I only saw it 5 times now. What a privilege in fact. Everytime I'm blown away. Great success in my town (west of France.) More and more people. We easily go for a second week in a big cinema. To my mind, it's the best film on the Rolling Stones. Martin Scorcese understood how to let the best souvenir of our (not so) old stones with love. Great set list some girls, as tears, she was h, you got the s), miraculous moments. Mick is the ultimate real artist. I go to see SAL tomorrow again. I need my dose, 'cause it's easy to see the Rolling Stones on tv, but it's incredible to see their soul as good as in that masterpiece, so much magic details, the gracefull Mick's face (as tears and many moments.) Don't leave the film before the last sentence ! It's only r'n'r, I have a life, but Stones are a part of it. Forever. Thank you Mick (he was ill 3 days before the show !) and, thank you to Martin Scorcese (His best film. No free violence this time.) Bruno. France.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:33

I haven't seen the movie yet, but SAL CD is the definition of the exact meaning "absolute rock gig". Energetic, raw, charming.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 23, 2008 03:35

"The Rolling Stones... Making defibrillators redundant since 1962!"

Shine a Light does a heart nearly as good as a live Stones show.

BV - feel free to use anything from the press conference thread if it is of any use.
There isn't a lot there that hasn't already been covered a few times except the bit about waiting with them to introduce the movie uptown, before the red carpet screening.

[www.iorr.org]

Unless you want IORRers to keep on the lookout for Keith wearing his "WTF is Rockman" t-shirt... [www.iorr.org]

Hope you get some sleep! Cheers,

Ann S

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:43

For diehards and casual fans alike, Shine a Light proves the boys are still rockin', with a capital "R". Scorsese captures the performance as it happened with crystal clear sound and close-up cinematography. Just ignore the teenybopper models in front.

andee b
ohio, usa

(bv, feel free to cut/edit where you like.)

Posted by: m1cawber ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:59

Well...took my 12yo son to the regional premiere and taking my wife (old lady) to the IMAX presentation tonight and can only say they just get better with age (like a good wine)....the SAL CD moved the goal posts for live recordings. Looking forward to IORR 59

Kit
Lancashire UK

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: April 23, 2008 05:17

The movie captures and celebrates that unique Stones sound which never has and never will be duplicated.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:18

Shine a Light shows the Stones stepping into the shoes of the blues and rock legends they worshipped. They rock with force and roll with grace. Not Fade Away indeed!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 23, 2008 07:15

Scorcese captures the Stones on a really good night.
And She Was Hot....worth the price of admission alone!

Erik, Sweden

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-23 07:37 by erikjjf.

Posted by: jimpietryga ()
Date: April 23, 2008 07:18

Scorcese has succeeded in capturing the "feel" of being in the first row of a Stones concert. To actually see the glances, the touches, the cues and the smiles on the faces of all on stage, brought together by the music is an experience that all Stones fans should have at least once..........now they can.
Thanks Marty....and thanks to Mick for all the micro-managing....it wouldn't have been the same without it! I know that in 10 years or so, I will be able to pull out the DVD ( or whatever media we will be using by then), and relive the contact high from this "wonderfully addictive drug" called the Rolling Stones. I don't know how any Stones fan could have had a dry eye during AS Tears Go By...because "it is the evening of the day..."

Date: April 23, 2008 09:20

Pure rock'n'roll! The movie captures raw energy, as well as touching moments, like when Keith and Mick shares the mocrophone during Faraway Eyes. Great sound, but the mix is a bit of a mess.

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: April 23, 2008 09:39

"Shine a Light" have given me goosebumps each time I have seen it !
This just can't be "The Last Time"!

Magnar, Norway.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: April 23, 2008 10:09

It is poignant that the most powerful moment of the movie is when they are joined by blues legend Buddy Guy. The influence of the blues on their music and performance is as evident today as it was 40+ years ago when they were just starting on their journey to become the world's greatest rock and roll band.

Stan Gergen, Zürich, Switzerland

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2008 10:15

Going into print now! Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2008 19:25

martin scoreses should get an oscar for his masterpiece !

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 24, 2008 00:17

Shine a Light is a wonderful dream. Keith and Mick singing Far Away Eyes together was a good dream.

Carlos
Brasil

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:53

I`m not having it. You hear more than you see. It should be stripped down, not all these instruments coming in from everywhere. I want to see Keef, taking the lead, right? -And them Ronnie coming in, nice and settled, knowing who is doing what, from start to finish. That`s rock `n roll, not all these snapshots and casual licks.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 24, 2008 12:54

Baboon Bro
Still goin'strong.. ! The geezers know their rock like their own pockets..
Still its alive, surprising, exciting.. Tough sh*t!

Is it still being shown in your area, Baboon?
Down here (Stockholm), two out of four cinemas have stopped showing it. I saw it again last night at a much smaller movie theatre than where I saw it the first time. I suspect it won't be available much longer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home