Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Worried About You solo
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 22, 2008 15:59

There's a lot of people saying how great Mick Taylor was and compare him to Ronnie... Yeah, I agree, Mick Taylor was rocking, things like Can't You Hear Me Knocking or Sway are totally blowing, and it's thanks to him.

But there's one solo from Woody that blows Winter, Sway or CYHMN... It's "Worried About You". I'm not talking about studio take (which was quite weak by the way), but version from Live Licks is the best thing on album (second is Rock Me Baby, wonderful!)... And on The Biggest Bang Ronnie kicked even longer solo, maybe not as melodic as on 2003 tour, but still great... And then Mick had better reggae singing in the song.

Why there's so little noise about this song?

Re: Worried About You solo
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 22, 2008 16:06

Honestly, Ronnie has had his moments as the Rolling Stones' lead guitarist since 1975. His work with the Stones has never matched his work with the Faces. His best work with the Stones pales in comparison to Mick Taylor's best work with the Stones. Ronnie's great, be he ain't no Mick Taylor.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 22, 2008 16:10

I like the studio solo on Worried About You. Weak? Really??? Hmm.
There is another Woody solo - while not technically dazzling, it just sounds like he's having a blast - You Can't Always Get from Love You Live. People always try to rip mr a new one when I praise this LP, saying that I have a "taste for $#!t", or I know nothing about rock, blah blah blah.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 22, 2008 16:15

Yes, a I know this solo from YCAGWYW... It's weird winking smiley They all sound pretty drunk on this song, Mick saying "eh bien?" is wonderful winking smiley

I like Ronnie playing YCAGWYW on Copacabana beach. Nice feel.

Date: April 22, 2008 16:41

The WAY-solo on TY weak? Well, each man got his own taste. Ronnie's solo on YCAGWYW on Hold On Tight (New York 1975) must also be mentioned. It's one of the best solos I've ever heard.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 22, 2008 17:04

The outstanding solo on Worried About You from TY is Wayne Perkins, not Ronnie....and certainly not weak!

Posted by: Joss ()
Date: April 22, 2008 17:11

Is the WAY on Live Licks different from that on Four Flicks?

Date: April 22, 2008 17:13

No, not at all, but I'm not sure if the show is the same.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 22, 2008 17:36

Well Ronnie's solo on CYHMK is terrible at best on both Licks. All those bad notes. His solo on YCAGWYW on Love You Live is outstanding. As is his lead lines in SFTD on Love You Live. I've always liked his Tumbling Dice solo, especially from the Steel Wheels and Voodoo tours...

It just might be that his best playing is on Love You Live.

Date: April 22, 2008 17:45

<As is his lead lines in SFTD on Love You Live>

Actually, that is Keith.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 22, 2008 19:14

DandelionPowderman
<As is his lead lines in SFTD on Love You Live>

Actually, that is Keith.

First (fast) solo is Ronnie, second solo Keith, then they both continue playing lead.

The solo on WAY from Licks is dreadful, IMHO. Wood hasn't played a decent solo since '90.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1559
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home