Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick admits to being a life long Hetrosexual
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 22, 2008 00:54

Sorry to burst anybody's bubble but was listening to this 1983 interview with Lisa Robinson where she gets into Mick's sexuality (they used to be close friends so he's very relaxed with her) and basically says all that Bisexual/Gay stuff was just an act... you can find the whole interview here (might have to sign up to gain access)

[concerts.wolfgangsvault.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-22 01:15 by HelterSkelter.

Re: Mick admits to being a life long Hetrosexual
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 22, 2008 02:03

HelterSkelter
Sorry to burst anybody's bubble but was listening to this 1983 interview with Lisa Robinson where she gets into Mick's sexuality (they used to be close friends so he's very relaxed with her) and basically says all that Bisexual/Gay stuff was just an act... you can find the whole interview here (might have to sign up to gain access)

YEAH RIGHT...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 22, 2008 02:46

Yeah, well I tend to doubt that! Even Bowie said his was an act as well, but I am sure it wasn't. And who cares....experimenting...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 22, 2008 03:11

Whoo hoo. And this matters because....there's nothing else to do?

Date: April 22, 2008 03:29

skipstone
Whoo hoo. And this matters because....there's nothing else to do?

Don't comment if it doesn't interest you ..... Just "SKIP" it and move on SKIP stone - lmao !!!

Date: April 22, 2008 03:31

Where is your sense of humour!!??

Date: April 22, 2008 03:31

No wait - if you are commenting on me commenting on this with a comment of so what, what is your point if you're asking me why I'm commenting on this?

Date: April 22, 2008 03:46

ROPENI
HelterSkelter

YEAH RIGHT...

I believe what he said to Lisa R because I too always thought it was all an act during that Glam period in the 70's. He just always seemed to be camping it up to f*ck with the gullible public's mind - the part of the public that would be bothered by that kind of silly stuff. At least that's what me and my friends thought and we were pretty street smart little MFers - we didn't fall for bull shit (if I may say so myself - had to grow up fast due to certain circumstances). On top of that, the guy has ALWAYS had a Girl Friend/Wife which isn't really something gay guys seem to have so what's so hard to believe here.....

Date: April 22, 2008 03:59

skipstone
No wait - if you are commenting on me commenting on this with a comment of so what, what is your point if you're asking me why I'm commenting on this?

....because by having you comment on a comment that I commented on is nothing more than me camping it up slightly..... that's basically the point - proving a point with another point that's really just an inverted point (so to speak) of yet another point, more or less, at least that's one way of looking at it.....

Date: April 22, 2008 04:18

As long as the point is inverted, like the apostrophes in It's Only Rock 'N' Roll. That proper way of saying it. Otherwise it's pointless to point out such pointless points.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 22, 2008 05:08

and Michael Jackson said all that child molesting was an act!

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 22, 2008 05:13

Wow! Only 4 users on! Are we losing our touch?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 22, 2008 05:32

I think micks the same as me, his as straight as a bananawinking smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 22, 2008 05:51

I always suspected mick of being heterosexual. I don't know, I just had a feeling he was.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 22, 2008 09:11

Who cares...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:03

Nobody I suspect...
...and folks forget that in the early to mid 70's "Glam Rock" period, being a bit camp, ersatz gay or bisexual was "fashionable" in artistic circles.
Simple as that.
Scores of musicians pretended to be gay..including the singer in the band I was in ;^).
If there's been as many gay folks as there appeared...the human race would be extinct ;^)
Some folks of course were at the time genuinely liberated in their sexual lives...but for most it was just "fashion"

Date: April 22, 2008 10:10

Never thought Jagger intended to be thought of as gay....Bi? Yeah. And probably was/is...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 22, 2008 11:42

Mick wasn't bi-sexual but the bloke he slept with was. (Old 70s playground joke!) There's some great footage of an interview in Holland 73 where he really camps it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-22 18:58 by Silver Dagger.

Date: April 22, 2008 11:53

oh my, Mick Taylor also swishes it up with the affected lisp...

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 22, 2008 13:24

This seems to be a recurring theme on this board. I don't think Jagger was ever "gay", however, he like Bowie experimented in the 60's and 70's. Evidence of this comes from the people closest to him. Keith, Anita, Marianne, Robert Fraser, Andrew Oldham, the Bowies and countless groupies all claim to have knowledge of his bisexuality. My guess would be that he just grew out of it. It was never really his thing. This faze of his life and his "camp" demeanor just locked toghether and formed the "Mick is gay" rumours. In the 80's and the advent of AIDS Jagger and Bowie had to "re-hetrosexualise" themselves due to current tastes.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: April 22, 2008 13:54

hmmm. "how come you taste so good, just like a young man should...?"
sound familiar?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 22, 2008 14:11

Those lights are burnin' my arse.......Mick Jagger SAL

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 22, 2008 14:19

I recall that John Lennon was particularly scathing of Mick and all that (quote)"fag dancing". Again, John almost certainly "experimented" in his youth, allegedly with Brian Epstein.He also seemed quite happy to have gays in his employ...even looking after Sean. I was never convinced about his flirtation with the Warhol scene howver. I think Yoko was/is far more relaxed about gender issues, not the same hang-ups perhaps.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 22, 2008 15:57

Wow..the Silver Dagger video post is like...Mike Myer's Goldmember interviewing Spinal Tap.

Re: Mick's sexuality

Doesn't matter. Even if he's a "lifelong hetero"....the genie's
out of the bottle. If the Bowie rumors etc... are false or whatever,
it doesn't matter. Most accept the seemingly bi-sexual Jagger.
I don't think many would be surprised if the Bowie rumors were
true....or if it was just an "act"..or if it was a tactic for Angie Bowie to
sell more books...

It's a safe bet that he's "try-sexual".....tries anything/anybody. winking smiley

re: jlowe's post that Lennon (or Jagger?) "seemed quite happy to have gays in his employ".
Hilarious......that means absolutely nothing.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 22, 2008 16:11

Is this to celebrate the silver anniversary of the interview?
Maybe I'll go watch Return of the Jedi after I re-listen to this.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: April 22, 2008 17:04

jamesfdouglas
Is this to celebrate the silver anniversary of the interview?
Maybe I'll go watch Return of the Jedi after I re-listen to this.

No, No, if you're gonna do a big Silver Anniversary interview/movie tie-in bash at least find a great 1983-ish DAVID LYNCH film (DUNE? Well, not great but BETTER....) instead of pure kiddie crap like "Return of the Jedi" - just a thought...... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-22 17:06 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 22, 2008 17:19

3DTeafoe
hmmm. "how come you taste so good, just like a young man should...?"
sound familiar?

Means nothing...He didn't confess either on "When the whip comes down"

Don't really think he is/was gay, not that it matters.

My bad memory remebers another interview by Lisa Robinson where she asks Mick if he knew her husband (Rory Gallegher I think) and he aswered yes, I sucked his (little rooster).....But maybe I dreamnt this.

Date: April 22, 2008 17:23

Freddie was gay but I still like to listen to Queen. It has nothing to do with the music. Is it that someone is gay and then all of the sudden you can't talk to them (or whatever) because of it? I'm just curious what the big deal is - if there is one. I don't think that is what this thread is about but then again who knows.

Date: April 22, 2008 18:46

.... No, if they're gay THEY MUST be put into camps and kept locked away from the general population..... COME ON Skipper, Personally, I prefer gay people to straight, MOR soccer moms and close minded office workers/hot dog baseball dads cause Gays are usually more open minded, artistic, and tolerant (not ALL but most). The area's they usually live in tend to be the most interesting parts of town (at least the best looking parts of town). I work part time in Fashion Photography (as a Photographer) so I've always been around gay people, I find them to be outsiders (not accepted by most of MOR society) and since I am kind of an outsider(not sexually but in other ways - had an unusual upbringing) I can relate to that part of it and feel comfortable being around that attitude.... Anything is better than boring "Normal" society with it's robotic, non thinking ideas and rules IMHO.... Without Gays most of the good/great art out there would never exist, from WARHOL to MICHELANGELO to HERB RITTS to VERSACE to MATTHEW ROLSTON to COUNTLESS OTHERS... Naw, A VERY IMPORTANT group that contributes immense beauty to our world - REPEAT: Immense Beauty, not Massive DESTRUCTION - Leave Gays alone but GET RID of most of the slime ball/self serving Rip Off Politicans I say I say smiling smiley .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-22 22:04 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 22, 2008 18:54

Well one time I saw of movie with Mick in it and it had to do with a gay people. I really don't care, I like everyone. I don't like being prejudice. So what if he is bi........ who cares?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home