Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

when the stones sounds fresh
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: April 18, 2008 05:48

hey folks
as some of you may know, im a radio dj here in canada and get to host some specialty programming, one show includes playing an entire album start to finish thursday nights.
tonight i spun let it bleed.
and i must say, our station plays the heck out of gimmie shelter, monkey man and cant always get what you want. and of course i have listened to the rest of the album ad infinitum.
however, tonight sitting at home (i prerecorded the show) while listening to the album, it sounded so fresh and as though i was hearing it for the first time. loved rambler, love in vain, live with me and all the rest.

we truly are fans of one of the greatest (if not thee greatest) rock and roll band of all time.... yeah i know let it bleed has always been awesome, but it was great to just appreciate the music for the music's sake, not worry about my ideas that are connected to the stones. just to hear the music, even without the history, story behind it or what they are doing now.

its been a while since the stones have sounded 'fresh' and new to me, but in a way i feel i rediscovered the band tonight.

thought i would share that moment of clarity.

Re: when the stones sounds fresh
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 18, 2008 07:47

........ good luck in the canadian radio field....

Date: April 18, 2008 13:49

Great post!

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: April 18, 2008 14:01

I think I know what you mean Canadian. Thats's why I allow myself only limited consumption of Stones records. I force myself to keep away from Exile, Ya ya's etc. for weeks. And then I sit down, late at night, all peace and quiet, pick one and really listen, using headphones, a happy man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home