Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ROLLINGSTONES.COM BEWARE!
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 15, 2008 00:12

Just discovered our rogue friends at RS.com have billed me for a renewed membership,despite it been cancelled over a year ago!Robbing bastards.

Re: ROLLINGSTONES.COM BEWARE!
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2008 04:35

But what about all the cool stuff you'll get?

THIS MEMBERSHIP TYPE INCLUDES:

Full access to the members-only online fan club - the fan community, interactive media center, Stones archive and more.

Special access to tickets should the band announce shows.
A unique way to experience Shine A Light, the band’s concert film directed by Martin Scorsese.
A special membership gift – details to be announced later this year.

Heck - that Special Membership Gift sounds like a winner!

Membership gift
Duration : 1 YEAR
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Members will receive a very special gift as part of membership. Stay tuned for details of this gift to be announced later in your membership year.

Not sure what it's gonna be, but it won't be an exclusive DVD like in the past 2 years. Which is good, because they still haven't produced one...

Not sure just how they plan to let you see shine a light, but I have my very dark suspicions. Funny, when I asked them that question about 4 weeks ago, they said it would be announced and posted to the website closer to the release date of the film... or maybe they meant the release date of the DVD... or maybe Never... or maybe there's a secret code that you have to decipher, which will reveal the message "!REKCUS"...

More seriously, if you didn't receive your DVD, you can likely get your last membership refunded, as well as get this current cash-grab reversed. The deets are here: [www.iorr.org] Please remind me of this if they announce another tour and I consider joining again. If a polite [*ahem*] doesn't work, permission granted to smack me with a mackeral (please - no recreational smacking).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-15 05:10 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 15, 2008 06:00

SomeTorontoGirl said: "But what about all the cool stuff you'll get?"

You forgot to mention the Rolling Stones decoder ring which enables the wearer to receive secret messages from Keith!

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 15, 2008 15:47

I bought two Rolling Stones memberships two years ago and I'm still waiting for the gifts to this day. I think i was promised a DVD?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 15, 2008 16:01

i'm still waiting for the membership DVD's and posters,
from 2006 and 2007

...i'm not holding my breath.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 15, 2008 17:58

.... file a law suit.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 15, 2008 18:26

yeah, i'm sure Michael Cohl, et al,
would be shaking in their Gucci boots.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 15, 2008 18:30

just in case Babelfish-2 Art is the answer:

THIS TYPE OF THE QUALITY OF MEMBER INCLUDES: Complete access to the club of ventilator
in line of the members-only - the community of the ventilator, the interactive means is centered,
file of stones and more. Special access to tickets if the bandage announces demonstrations.
A unique way to experience brightness a light, the film of the concert of the bandage
directed by Martin Scorsese. A special gift of the quality of member - details that will announce more ahead this year.

hm ...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 15, 2008 21:37

I wanted to prevent them from charging my credit cards this time around, so I edited my info and put in new phony and non existing credit card numbers.
Now they're mailing me to complain that they're not able to charge my cards.
And this is despite the fact that I've cancelled all my memberships to prevent this scam from happening again.
Those bastards got a nerve!

I have still NOT received my membership gifts, like the DVD. And the tickets on sale thorugh the fan club were utterly crap.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 15, 2008 23:02

Nice one Addicted.I am on the verge of cancelling this credit card so it doesn't happen again.Still waiting for a refund,let alone an apology.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:31

Keep in mind that canceling your credit card can hurt your credit rating.
There must be a better way of preventing this unwanted charge other canceling your card.

Date: April 16, 2008 04:41

with sssoul

THIS TYPE OF THE QUALITY OF MEMBER INCLUDES: Complete access to the club of ventilator
in line of the members-only - the community of the ventilator, the interactive means is centered,
file of stones and more. Special access to tickets if the bandage announces demonstrations.
A unique way to experience brightness a light, the film of the concert of the bandage
directed by Martin Scorsese. A special gift of the quality of member - details that will announce more ahead this year.

hm ...

with sssoul, you have definitely found your metier!

Cogito Ergo Sum
(or... I think, because this reason for whom is)

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:47

Usually the Credit Card company will be on your side to defend a charge back. Try to have proof that you contacted rollingstones.com with your cancellation request.

Do not cancel your credit card, if you have a balance they can raise your interest rate for cancelling.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:54

SomeTorontoGirl
with sssoul

hm ...

with sssoul, you have definitely found your metier!

Cogito Ergo Sum
(or... I think, because this reason for whom is)

Exactly what language is that supposed to be......Oh yeah and GO SAHRKS!!!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 16, 2008 04:58

sweetcharmedlife
Exactly what language is that supposed to be!

It's "Babel." Run the most lucid or illuminating thoughts through Babelfish long enough and they become ... art! Very very very abstract art. The kind best appreciated through a bong or the bottom of a bottle.

Date: April 16, 2008 05:04

I'm pretty sure that all you have to do is report to your credit card company the unauthorized charge.You are not responsible for unauthorized charges.It is the merchant's responsibility to prove that they were authorized to charge your account.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 16, 2008 07:11

...... and the classic part of it all is ya call em keith, and charlie, and RONNIE and mick .... thats the best

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home