Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unreleased shows?
Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 11, 2008 17:29

Can anyone tell me if the Stones vaults contain professional films of every tour since the sixties? I've seen all the official stuff and some very hazy bootleg material that doesn't capture the shows of 1971 ,1972, 1975, 1976. If so, are we just waiting for the gates to open and these perfectly filmed shows to emerge?

Re: Unreleased shows?
Date: April 11, 2008 17:39

At least 1971 (Marquee Club) 1972 (Fort Worth), 1973 Winter tour (Australia black and white), 1975 (LA) 1976 (Paris), 1978 (Fort Worth).

Probably many other shows as well.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 11, 2008 17:47

Yes, there are many filmed shows. Gemany, 1965, all three MSG shows, 1969-probably others, complete alatamont exists, two shows were filmed on tour in Europe 1970, dont know of any others except Marquee, 1971, all four Texas shows, 1972, there is footage from a few of the shows in 1973, but not sure if any complete shows were filmed. Lots from 1975. Several from 1978, ALL from 81/82, and most likely all up the the present, as if there are video screens, there are films, or at least video tape.

JR

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 11, 2008 20:56

In addition to the other stuff...I would think they have video of every show
they've performed since the advent of the big video screens they have at
concerts. Obviously they are mulit-camera "pro shot"..with a director at
the other end deciding which shots/camera angles get put up on the
big video screens. Can't believe they wouldn't have hit the record button.

One thing I'm not completely sure about....when the stones or any touring
group come into an arena...do they use arena's video suite/crew or their own.
my point....if it was the arena's...might this be where the bootleg video
comes from? a rogue videographer or "director" runs an extra video-recorder for himself?

I do a lot of work at the arena in my hometown and once (in a party room)
i heard them playing LIVE stones music...my ears perked up... it
was audio from a recent stones concert in that venue. ( i should look into that)
So...not too much to presume the pro-shot video may also be making the rounds
within the venue.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 11, 2008 22:13

And what about recent shows recorded for DVD but never released. I know about Utrecht 2003, Slane 2007 but what others???

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 12, 2008 00:20

iamthedj
Can anyone tell me if the Stones vaults contain professional films of every tour since the sixties? I've seen all the official stuff and some very hazy bootleg material that doesn't capture the shows of 1971 ,1972, 1975, 1976. If so, are we just waiting for the gates to open and these perfectly filmed shows to emerge?

Every show? No. There would be no point, and as they werent regularly using video screens prior to 1989, it would have made no sense financially to have a film crew filming concerts that no one (not even the audience) was going to see.

Theyve audio recordings of pretty much every show since the early 70's however.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 12, 2008 02:00

A lot..

To name a few more : El Mocambo both (audio), Paradiso shows both (audio) and the second also on video, Brixton audio and video.

1971 : at least 4 shows (audio)

and more...and more...

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 12, 2008 06:30

.... any shots from '66 hollywood bowl???????

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 12, 2008 10:36

There were cinema cameras at both Ahoy and Utrecht shows back in 2003.
They were aditional to the usual video cams but only filmed 3 songs of each show :

Ahoy : Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Satisfaction and Honky Tonk Women
Utrecht : Live With Me, That's How Strong My Love Is and Satisfaction

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: April 12, 2008 20:16

Toronto 2002 club show is smokin' hot. I find it much more enjoyable than SAL.

Scotty

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 12, 2008 21:57

Don't assume that just because they have screens, that they keep the footage. I know it sounds crazy not to hit "record", but plenty of bands definitely don't.

What I wouldn't give to have the Amsterdam or Brixton shows from 1995 come out, though...

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 12, 2008 22:40

I would assume that they have complete videos of every show since 1989. Since they travel with their own video crew and using their own equipment bypassing the venues, it would be safe to assume videos exist of every show.

As for the venues, if someone inside knows what they are doing, they can tap off of the feed going into private boxes, etc and make a direct recording.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home