Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Long version of Midnight Rambler ?
Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: April 10, 2008 12:28

According to a letter in Record Collector, there is a long version of MR on Rolled Gold, more than 9 minutes, while the regular LIB version is 6:54. Does anyone know
anything about this ?

Re: Long version of Midnight Rambler ?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 10, 2008 12:46

Are you sure it's not the YA-YA'S Live version?? Isn't HOT ROCKS the Live version?? I think that might be it, I've never heard an alternative studio version of MR anywhere......

Date: April 10, 2008 12:52

I have no idea. The HOT ROCKS version is 8.23 according to information on Rate Your Music.

Date: April 10, 2008 13:40

I have been checking this some more on the internet. (I'll check my LPs when I get home!). According to Rate Your Music, the YA-YA'S/HOT ROCKS versions are 8.32/8.23,
which is presumably the same version. But according to WIKIPEDIA (which has a whole
page on Midnight Rambler!), the YA-YA'S version runs more than 9 minutes. This is all rather confusing, but I guess this could explain the Record Collector letter.
I'll look further into this!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:07

The Hot Rocks version is the Ya-Yas one. The longest ever concert version was something like nearly 14 minutes. Forget where though but it was long, loud and beautiful.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:33

It must be Ya-Ya's version, there is no other version on any official album !!!

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:40

There was a discussion on this a while back - the version on Rolled Gold is the usual Let It Bleed version. Whoever wrote the letter must have been dreaming...

Date: April 10, 2008 18:50

martinw
There was a discussion on this a while back - the version on Rolled Gold is the usual Let It Bleed version. Whoever wrote the letter must have been dreaming...

I doubt it. He says it runs 9:12 and describes it as a "bonus compared to the LIB
version". I have now checked my YA-YA'S copy and there it is 9:05. My guess is that
it is this version and that the writer is not very knowledgeable. But it would be
nice if someone could confirm this!

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 10, 2008 18:56

As I said above, this letter was discussed a while back, last month - check through the archives. It's definitely the LIB version of MR on Rolled Gold, not the Ya-Yas version. Sadly the letter writer seems to be wrong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home