Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Long version of Midnight Rambler ?
Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: April 10, 2008 12:28

According to a letter in Record Collector, there is a long version of MR on Rolled Gold, more than 9 minutes, while the regular LIB version is 6:54. Does anyone know
anything about this ?

Re: Long version of Midnight Rambler ?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 10, 2008 12:46

Are you sure it's not the YA-YA'S Live version?? Isn't HOT ROCKS the Live version?? I think that might be it, I've never heard an alternative studio version of MR anywhere......

Date: April 10, 2008 12:52

I have no idea. The HOT ROCKS version is 8.23 according to information on Rate Your Music.

Date: April 10, 2008 13:40

I have been checking this some more on the internet. (I'll check my LPs when I get home!). According to Rate Your Music, the YA-YA'S/HOT ROCKS versions are 8.32/8.23,
which is presumably the same version. But according to WIKIPEDIA (which has a whole
page on Midnight Rambler!), the YA-YA'S version runs more than 9 minutes. This is all rather confusing, but I guess this could explain the Record Collector letter.
I'll look further into this!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:07

The Hot Rocks version is the Ya-Yas one. The longest ever concert version was something like nearly 14 minutes. Forget where though but it was long, loud and beautiful.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:33

It must be Ya-Ya's version, there is no other version on any official album !!!

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 10, 2008 14:40

There was a discussion on this a while back - the version on Rolled Gold is the usual Let It Bleed version. Whoever wrote the letter must have been dreaming...

Date: April 10, 2008 18:50

martinw
There was a discussion on this a while back - the version on Rolled Gold is the usual Let It Bleed version. Whoever wrote the letter must have been dreaming...

I doubt it. He says it runs 9:12 and describes it as a "bonus compared to the LIB
version". I have now checked my YA-YA'S copy and there it is 9:05. My guess is that
it is this version and that the writer is not very knowledgeable. But it would be
nice if someone could confirm this!

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 10, 2008 18:56

As I said above, this letter was discussed a while back, last month - check through the archives. It's definitely the LIB version of MR on Rolled Gold, not the Ya-Yas version. Sadly the letter writer seems to be wrong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1266
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home