Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine a light Rehearsals
Date: April 6, 2008 05:15

So did anyone else here the very short but clear and awsome rehearsals of She saw me coming, biggest mistake, she was hot, and others, its right around the time there looking at the possible set lists

Re: Shine a light Rehearsals
Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: April 6, 2008 05:39

Maybe Marty will include some of those as bonus features on the DVD release??

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: April 6, 2008 06:24

I thought i heard Martin say Too Much Blood was a possible song, Im going back to the theaters tomorrow and Monday so i will try to hear what else was suggested.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 6, 2008 09:52

I had no idea the rehearsals section of the movie was so short. I completely forgot that it was going to be more of the concert--not rehearsals!

Couple great parts:

I love how we see Mick's ideas for the set list. So incredibly blunt and not fancy at all. He simply separates songs according to popularity. It's so straightforward and no bullshit. It's almost weird that he does it that way--it's all most too simplistic. I wanted to tell the projectionist to PAUSE so I could read what Mick thought was popular and medium poplar and etc etc. So incredibly interesting. That'll be something I"ll look at on the DVD.

So interesting....Keith letting us in on the secret of watching Charlie's bass drum through that little "window" on the set. That's such a GREAT little tid bit about the Richards-Watts motor.

I hope we get a whole bunch of rehearsals on the DVD. Really do.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 6, 2008 10:11

mick's sorting through the possible setlists is another scene that must be mainly fictionalized. I only caught a few of the songs listed too, but one of them was "Country Honk" as "Extremely Well Known." That's got to be a joke. As is the thought of them trying "Too Much Blood" in 2006. The main guitar part on that song was played a roadie in the studio, I believe. Not a chance they'd play it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-07 07:32 by cc.

Re: Shine a Light Rehearsals
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2008 11:53

i remember one of the lists shown was of numbers Scorsese wanted, including Paint It Black and Out of Time.
but getting back to the rehearsal bits: where is Drop Down Mama, and when do we get to hear the whole thing??

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 7, 2008 06:49

cc, good point. I didn't catch much but some of what I did read didn't make tooo much sense, as you say.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: April 7, 2008 07:05

with sssoul
i remember one of the lists shown was of numbers Scorsese wanted, including Paint It Black and Out of Time.
but getting back to the rehearsal bits: where is Drop Down Mama, and when do we get to hear the whole thing??

Was Sittin on a Fence on there as well? I thought that was an odd choice..I would have loved more of the Stones rehearsals, and less of the backline Movie aspect.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 7, 2008 07:32

I remember Crazy Mama being on the unknown list. They played that one recently!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 7, 2008 07:34

with sssoul

as I recall, those were written by hand in the upper corner of the printed-out lists of categorized songs mick sorted through. Well-thought-out production design there.

Date: April 7, 2008 08:35

Justin
i agree, in compairson, on the stripped special, they go through and talk about setlist, keith has an interesting comment about LSTNT.

As for the Shot on the bass drum, the rug underneith i have actually slept on, my cousin does a lot of work for charlie, and when they did the 3 shows in 2002 in NYC, he brought it back to our hotel to do work on, it was the coolest thing, it was like, ok, tonight ill sleep on it, and on saturday, it will be onstage at giants stadium.!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 7, 2008 20:56

Whenthewhipconesdown
Justin
i agree, in compairson, on the stripped special, they go through and talk about setlist, keith has an interesting comment about LSTNT.

As for the Shot on the bass drum, the rug underneith i have actually slept on, my cousin does a lot of work for charlie, and when they did the 3 shows in 2002 in NYC, he brought it back to our hotel to do work on, it was the coolest thing, it was like, ok, tonight ill sleep on it, and on saturday, it will be onstage at giants stadium.!

haha...well you should be happy that no one else can share that title with you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home