Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will the Rolling Stones on Sirius Radio be bigger than Shine A Light?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 1, 2008 18:11

I'll tell you this that channel 12 Rolling Stones Radio is nothing but excellent. It may not be getting the immediate spotlight but tune in for a real treat. They play lots of Shine A Light tracks as well.

This is on 24-7. On a short trip to Borders yesterday, "Dance Little Sister" was followed up by "Dancing With Mr. D". Lots of 60's material. They play everything, and it is very synced with band members chiming in. They keep throwing rockers at you. You won't get that on local radio.

For radio listeners it is the best of the best. Also the Greatful Dead on channel 32. Never listen to local radio again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-01 18:15 by The Sicilian.

Re: Is the Rolling Stones on Sirius Radio bigger than Shine A Light?
Date: April 1, 2008 18:15

I don't believe that it's a permanent channel,however.I am waiting to see what becomes of the Sirius/XM merger before I consider taking on another subscription bill.

Re: Will the Rolling Stones on Sirius Radio be bigger than Shine A Light?
Date: April 2, 2008 05:44

This evening I heard live "Midnight Rambler" followed by what appeared to be a live version of "Out of Time".

Then the highlight of the evening:
"19th Nervous Breakdown"
"Stupid Girl"
"Dance Pt 1"

I can't ever recall hearing "Stupid Girl" on the radio. What a sing a long it was.

Posted by: sweetladyjane ()
Date: April 2, 2008 08:05

I'm thoroughly enjoying the 24/7 Stones channel but know I'll be heartbroken when it goes away, much like I was when it ended at the end of '06. The Stones used their own channel on Sirius to promote the North American tour for a full year or more. It was great listening and the chance to hear songs you often forget. But once the tour ended in NA, so did Stones channel 99. I wrote to Sirius expressing my disappointment, but to no avail. When the last song played on Dec 31, 2006 it was a sad moment indeed. I'm more pragmatic this time around. I'm simply enjoying every minute while it lasts! = )

Date: April 2, 2008 17:08

That is the sad thing about it. However, the Stones members are supporting it with lots of sound bites. But the clarity is top notch. I am so impressed with their playlist. I've yet to hear them just play a dud after a string of rockers. Everything seems to morph just seamlessly. But that's only when I'm tuned in. I most certainly don't listen 24-7.

That being said, Shine A Light IMO is just a one off. You may see it in theatres and buy the video but after a couple of viewings, its in the rack with the other 150 DVDs.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: April 2, 2008 19:21

Sirius is great...had it for about two tears now...paid the $439 lifetime charge...local radio $ucks with commercials....Stones on Sirius has been a very cool experience. They really mix them up

Date: April 4, 2008 05:29

Seems people are feeling a slight letdown from all the Shine A Light hoopala. Slide on over to Sirius for some real home cooking. This does not disappoint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home