Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine A Light PG-13
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: April 3, 2008 16:37

For those of you that have seen the film.....Is there anything in it that should prevent me from taking my 12 year old son to see it tomorrow?

Not to be a prude but my wife told me I better be sure.

Re: Shine A Light PG-13
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 3, 2008 17:08

Its fine. Nothing really offensive. Jagger uses the f word a few times, but thats it. Im sure your son has heard the word before. LOL

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 3, 2008 18:04

How familiar is your twelve year old with the Stones?

Show him the "25 X 5: The COntinuing Adventures" video first
to help put things in historical context. Not enough true documentary
footage in the SAL movie.

If you don't have the videotape...you might find some clips on YouTube.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 3, 2008 21:04

In the US I read that it was going to get an R but was cut. In the UK Buddy Motherf***** Guy is censored but there are two uses of the F word.

In the UK it's a 12 which normally means one use of the F word. Jagger uses it twice but the BBFC call it infrequent and let it through.

I don't know if the US version is different.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: April 3, 2008 22:32

The US version censors Buddy Motherf****** Guy as well. I don't recall how many times the f-bomb was dropped. Micks gyrating(sp?) hips up close and personal are enough for the US PG-13 rating. I think he gave a little butt clinching hip thrust as he sang the "you make a dead man cum" line in SMU. Again, that might have resulted in the PG-13 rating if the movie was @#$%& free.

Date: April 4, 2008 00:11

The BBFC said

Extended Classification Information (*SPOILER ALERT* Information may include plot details)

SHINE A LIGHT is the filmed version of a Rolling Stones concert for the Clinton Foundation.

It was passed '12A' for containing infrequent strong language (two clear uses of the f-word alongside a couple of elided/bleeped uses), in keeping with the 12A guidelines for language that state: 'The use of strong language must be infrequent'.

There are also a few drug references in the archive interviews that intersperse the concert footage - referring mostly to Jagger's and Richards' convictions for drug use in the 70s. Some further drug references are also contained in songs such as 'Brown Sugar' and 'Champagne & Reefers'; well known lyrics that most 12-year-olds who will be exposed to this film would most likely have heard already in their homes. Such references, and the occasionally profuse on-stage cigarette smoking, were considered containable at '12A' for not being particularly glamorised or focused on.

Additional bad language was mild (eg. 'damn', 'ass' and 'shit') and would have been acceptable at 'PG'.

Date: April 4, 2008 00:17

and the MPAA say

Rated PG-13 for brief strong language, drug references and smoking.
Distributor: Paramount Classics, A Division Of Paramount Pictures Corporation
Other: Edited for re-rating
Previously rated (R) in (2007).

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 4, 2008 00:48

why is anything bleeped????

this is a movie, not a network tv show; since when can the word mother f**cker not be used in a movie??

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 4, 2008 05:07

HalfNanker
why is anything bleeped????

this is a movie, not a network tv show; since when can the word mother f**cker not be used in a movie??

when they want it to have a lower rating...in hopes of more
people seeing it....teens etc.....and therefore make more money.
also...probably don't wanna scare away the older folks..you know...people
that are as old as the band members.

IORR............but I like it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home