Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Thanks Blue Lena and Rockman - I won tix to the advance screening of Shine A Light!
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 26, 2008 07:21

SomeTorontoGirl If I see you at the press conference, I'm following ya, will be my only chance to sit at the front! smiling smiley[/quote

thanks for the vote of confidence.

so if the stones don't go to the movie itself, what do they do after they walk the red carpet? escape out a side door back into the limo?

sounds like the PC is the place to be...

Re: Thanks Blue Lena and Rockman - I won tix to the advance screening of Shine A Light!
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 26, 2008 07:35

SomeTorontoGirl
This is pretty cool. I never win anything but I just won tickets to the Toronto premiere on April 2nd, plus the soundtrack CD. Local rock station gave away about 50 of these packages. Then they threw all the winners into a draw for a trip to NYC for the press conference and premiere this weekend. The first 7 people they called couldn't go (the mind boggles), then MY cell phone rang. So... looks like I'm going back to NYC this weekend! WhooHoo!!! More than makes up for the concert they re-scheduled in Vancouver when Mick blew his voice out making the movie, it was pretty expensive to re-book that trip! All is forgiven, Boys!

Cheers & Congrats, Toronto Girl I'm sure it'll be a blast.
(Maybe the gods of rock will smile sweetly upon others of us too.)

Date: March 26, 2008 08:48

or at least the gods of guitar center...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:10

angee
Excellent, fantastic, STG! Will look forward to your report!

If I have to "Report" I'll have to crib shamelessly from the folks who made it to the real premiere... I'll be in complete sensory overload!

little queenie
sounds like the PC is the place to be...

I might be able to cobble together some sort of Report from the PC... only because my guest isn't a Stones fan, but is real keen to see Scorcese (ooooh, I heard those shrieks) and may be able to remember something.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 26, 2008 14:34

Congratulations to the winners.

And ... Blue Lena is a good friend and a Big, Big, Big Stones Fan. She is an amazing girl.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 26, 2008 15:18

Here's Blue Lena:

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 26, 2008 18:59

Lol lol lol. Yes, she is. She is a big Stones fan and really, she is a amazing girl. Go Blue Go!

Posted by: geoffc ()
Date: March 27, 2008 00:19

In his Radio 2 interview tonight, Charlie mentioned that although he doesn't enjoy watching himself, they all watched the movie in Berlin, contrary to the ealier suggestion.

Date: March 27, 2008 01:41

so i guess the question is, will they watch it a 2nd time?

and what about london - are they supposed to be there too?

on a side note, i just emailed wxrt in chicago and they offered me passes to a non-imax pre-screening in chicago (river east AMC) - i am going to the imax at navy pier. if you're in chicago and want to go, sign up for their VIP club and email them for passes.

Date: March 28, 2008 21:36

Hey...last week i won 2 passes (from a radio station) for the sneak preview in Milwaukee.
Each pass is good for 2 people (thus 2 passes = 4 people).

Well today I received a DHL package containing 2 MORE passes (each pass = 2 people)
and a SHINE A LIGHT mini poster...along with some smaller cards promoting
the soundtrack. I assume it was from the stonesplanet drawing. (package says
Terry Hines & Assoc / Chicago IL) ??

Now to the point....I have 2 extra passes. If there's anyone in the Milwaukee area
that would like a pass (for 2) to the SHINE A LIGHT sneak preview at the
Marcus Majestic (770 N. Springdale Road, Waukesha WI)...email me and I'll
try to mail them to you asap...Milwaukee area only. sweet-neo-con@hotmail.com

Shine A Light
Tues. April 1 at 7pm (advise that you get there much earlier)
Marcus Majestic Theater
770 N. Springdale Road, Waukesha WI

I will post this on other SAL thread too.
I think mightystork is from the Milwaukee area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-28 21:38 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 29, 2008 00:49

just won tickets for april 1 in Boston.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 29, 2008 00:50

Sweet Neo Con, that's exactly what happened to me! I got a package from DHL today, no note, nothing saying it was from Stones Planet or Blue Lena, and I was never notified by her that I'd won! I can't go! It's on Tuesday night, April 1 in Boston! Unless someone wants to drive me, I'll give them the other ticket! Any Stones fans near Pittsfield, Ma that want to go down Tuesday around 3 pm and return after the show??

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 29, 2008 01:36

I got two SAL stubs each saying on the back ADMIT TWO. Does this mean I can bring a total of 3 people with me. It looks that each ticket is good for the admission of two. I just dont want to head to Boston and have to leave 2 friends out in the cold. Advice wanted. Did everyone get 2 SAL tickets or did I just get lucky because I sent in about 30 emails for the Stonesplanet contest.

Date: March 29, 2008 03:05

Yes, I also have 2 passes, each saying ADMIT TWO! I guess it allows 4 people in, but hey, read the fine print at the bottom. It reads " Seating is first come, first serve, this pass does NOT guarantee admission. Theater is overbooked to ensure a full house!". Ifyou get there after say, 6pm, you may NOT get a seat. I think I'll stay home! Go to the nation wide April 4th opening and pay for a guaranteed seat!

Date: March 29, 2008 03:06

The poster that was enclosed is really cool so at least I have that to frame!

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 29, 2008 03:51

I spoke with Brie the other day, at Terry Hines, and she said she was feeling generous and purposely included 2 passes for 2 people each, four guests in total. She also mentioned what a heartly lot we Stones' fans are. I told her that several people included in the Navy Pier/IMAX audience were at the Beacon concerts.
Time Out/Chicago magazine is also giving out passes for the April 1 showing. I would imagine a large turn-out. (I'm only guessing.)

What's up, sometorontogirl?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-29 03:54 by 3DTeafoe.

Date: March 29, 2008 04:24

i got 3 passes!

hey daniel, do you know if Time Out/Chicago mag is giving out Navy Pier IMAX tix? b/c there's a prescreening at river east AMC that wxrt is giving out tickets for.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 29, 2008 04:29

little queenie
i got 3 passes!

hey daniel, do you know if Time Out/Chicago mag is giving out Navy Pier IMAX tix? b/c there's a prescreening at river east AMC that wxrt is giving out tickets for.

Hey Queenie,I followed your instructions and joined wxrt. How do u get passes???

Date: March 29, 2008 05:14

i emailed them. i asked them if the winners for NYC had been picked yet - they said yes but offered me the river east passes. i said yes, thinking that i'd get a pass in the mail and could give it to a friend (i'm going to the navy pier prescreening). they ended up putting my name on a list +1.

ask them and if they don't hear from them, i'll ask them to change my name to your.

Date: March 29, 2008 05:25

queenie,
The Time Out giveaway is for the IMAX April 1, as described in the email sent to me. It also mentioned the after-party w/Hot Rocks.
I also have 2 tix for the April 3 IMAX showing, courtest of WDRV.

Date: March 30, 2008 21:08

cool...

i'm just hoping i'm better by then - i got the flu last week and it's kicked my ass! good thing i didn't buy a flight for new york today!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:37

I won tickets too. I have an extra pass for two people for the Boston show tomorrow night. Email me if you're interested.

Date: March 31, 2008 17:45

Hi Cindy...something tells me it wasn't really a "contest".
As mentioned....I won too.

It was a stonesplanet contest right? And people from IORR & Shidoobee learned about it too.
There's only so many people from each "preview city" that frequent these
Stones websites...and even fewer that take the time to enter the "contest".
And since...they're trying to fill the theaters...might as well send
tix to everyone that enters (to fill & oversell)....right?

Don't get me wrong....it's great but...
is there anybody that entered/emailed that did NOT win?
Maybe in BIG cities like NY etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 17:47 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:52

sweet neo con
Hi Cindy...something tells me it wasn't really a "contest".
As mentioned....I won too.

SNC - I believe you are right. My boyfriend won also, we both only entered once.

Date: March 31, 2008 17:59

CIndyC: My boyfriend won also, we both only entered once.

That's what SHE said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 18:05 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 1, 2008 01:05

I am also going tomorrow evening to the Navy Pier screening in Chicago. Looks like we should get there a bit early based on how many people say they are going.

Date: April 1, 2008 11:36

would be a good idea to get there early. TimeOut/Chicago gave away all of their allotted freebies for the same screening.
maybe paramount should have their own que, one for their invited guests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-01 11:38 by 3DTeafoe.

Date: April 2, 2008 09:32

hey daniel,
i didn't see you - we didn't have any official IORR meeting spot though. my friends didn't want to stay for the cover band afterward.

anyone want to go see it again - soon?

Date: April 2, 2008 15:41

Oh buggery. Too bad I didn't get to go.
I just got back from the set of Johnny Depp's film, Public Enemies, being shot in Chicago where I'm working as an extra.
Had big plans to attend the IMAX screening and after-party. At the last minute I was called by the casting co. to come work another scene. Hmm. What a dilema. As they begged me, I couldn't turn them down, especially if I want to get more work. (As it is, I'm working again tonight.)
Besides, I have tix for the Thursday IMAX preview, so it's not a total lost.
I was really disappointed that I didn't get to see little queenie and jimpietryga, among others.
I have a pretty good excuse anyway.
Anyone going Thursday night? There might be an extra ticket or 2.

Date: April 2, 2008 15:46

Hey 3DTeafor....the Depp film is being filmed up here in Wisconsin too.
I saw some pix of him in Darlington, Wis. There will be parts
done in Milwaukee too.....I heard he stays in Chicago and helicopters
up to Wisconsin as needed. Check to see if he's "breakng in" any new
shoes for Keith. winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home