Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, 2007 again
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 23, 2008 11:30

It's been a year, almost. Sorry but this sounds horrible, do you guys think there will be another tour, was it a just a bad year?

Re: Sorry, 2007 again
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 23, 2008 11:54

LA FORUM
It's been a year, almost. Sorry but this sounds horrible, do you guys think there will be another tour, was it a just a bad year?

It was a bad year, that's for sure. There are no signs it will get any better if they go back on the road, unless they change the line-up.
They should go back to the essence. Ask Wyman and Taylor to play and prepare a new setlist with their help. It would take courage to abandon the "safety in numbers" theory they've been clinging on to for too many years now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 12:10 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 23, 2008 13:04

this is a rape of my ears!!! bringing Taylor and Bill back is a great idea but I fear that we will get the same formula until the very end.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: March 23, 2008 13:52

Seems this was recorded on a mobile phone, It's bound to sound bad as you can't hear half the instruments, I bet if you were actually there it would have sounded great!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 23, 2008 13:52

As I got it, it wasnt a bad year, but a few semi-bad nights
and maybe one or two mainly unhappy nights.
But go back & listen to every show & I'm pretty sure ya
will hear it sounds good.

Something happens towards the end of your posted song,
but I can & others can & I'm sure others will (so will I,
but at the moment I'm gonna clean the house & take care
of my hangover winking smiley )

In Brno I heard one, yes ONE bad hit; that was Keef in Brown Sugar.
Igot a hard time for sayin' that, but I believe in honesty.
Rets of the vconcert was 100% ok, maybe 105%.

After all I am wonderfully happy they are still around.
But I still think they ought to lower tic prices in Europe with 50%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 14:08 by Baboon Bro.

Date: March 23, 2008 13:55

After 2 minutes al teast one guitar is out of tune or the player is takin wrong grips for the chords, aint it so, pgarof..

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 23, 2008 13:59

pgarof
Seems this was recorded on a mobile phone, It's bound to sound bad as you can't hear half the instruments, I bet if you were actually there it would have sounded great!

yes, blame it on the mobile phone!!! the mobile phone turned right chords into wrong chords and right notes into bum ones!!! finally we got the solution! just make sure that no mobile phones will be allowed in future shows and everything will be alright!

Date: March 23, 2008 14:00

This recording doesn't sound that brilliant BUT as I said if you were actually there I'm sure when you hear the full sound and all the instruments can be heard and balanced it would sound good. Yes I'm sure a few off chords were played but I think any band would have the same problems whether old or young, knobody is perfect. I thought that's why we all love the Stones?

Date: March 23, 2008 14:05

I'm not defending them I'm just saying that I have seen many clips with mobile phones and i don't think any of them sound that great.

I once recorded a whole concert back in 73 on a cassette player, it sounds so distorted and bad you would think it was some local bad pub band but I know different because i was there and it was an unbelievably fantastic concert, so you can't judge a concert from a bad recording.

Date: March 23, 2008 14:07

Yeah, you're right. Still we wanna hear them play mainly right chords.
My idea is that they drop Brown Sugar & maybe turn down Keef in the mix
in Satisfaction (if this is a permanent thing). It seems to be
a mixture between a memory issue & Keith's Arthritis.

I also hope they will slower down & chill out a little bit more;
even Jagger have to settle soon, they're turnin' 65 now.

Unplugged, stripped down shows with a prolonged sessions at a "B-stage"
might be the formula.

So, when I think about I take it as a good thing after all that LA Forum
brought this up. May be an interesting discussion.

Date: March 23, 2008 14:14

Baboon Bro
Yeah, you're right. Still we wanna hear them play mainly right chords.
My idea is that they drop Brown Sugar & maybe turn down Keef in the mix
in Satisfaction (if this is a permanent thing). It seems to be
a mixture between a memory issue & Keith's Arthritis.

I also hope they will slower down & chill out a little bit more;
even Jagger have to settle soon, they're turnin' 65 now.

Unplugged, stripped down shows with a prolonged sessions at a "B-stage"
might be the formula.

So, when I think about I take it as a good thing after all that LA Forum
brought this up. May be an interesting discussion.

If Keiths Arthritis IS a problem are we saying that they shouldn't play anymore, I know you said turn Keith down but that isn't going to happen is it?

Date: March 23, 2008 14:23

It already has happened since Blondie play back-up-guitar, doesnt he?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 14:59 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 23, 2008 14:25

pgarof
I'm not defending them I'm just saying that I have seen many clips with mobile phones and i don't think any of them sound that great.

I once recorded a whole concert back in 73 on a cassette player, it sounds so distorted and bad you would think it was some local bad pub band but I know different because i was there and it was an unbelievably fantastic concert, so you can't judge a concert from a bad recording.

Stange cause the boots I have are all bad quality but the band sounds great. And some of the songs from the 2007 tour sounded good on youtube, like a couple of YGTS clips despite bad sound.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: March 23, 2008 14:38

I reckon they should do an R & B tour,choice cuts from first three decca albums and my personal fav"Aftermath "in its entirety.lets talk about that.

Date: March 23, 2008 14:41

And also some rootsy blues & reaggae added to pike bishops idea.

Mac on Hammond?

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: March 23, 2008 14:43

That would be great!

They could pay songs from Aftermath, BtB, Oout of our heads, December's children...

Date: March 23, 2008 14:50

And tour Godforsaken Northern, Eastern and Central European places..
No, that was Bill's concept, sorry. But some semi-huge venues
at some semi-Godforsaken places to real decent ticket prices smiling smiley..
I'd be there followin' them.

Aint ot good to dream in the holiday-Sunday afternoon.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 23, 2008 14:52

Baboon Bro
It already has happened since Bernard play back-up-guitar, doesnt he?

That would be Blondie...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 23, 2008 14:58

Ok, still too early on my hangover-mornin'.. Sensed somethin' was wrong. Thanks, Ville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 18:03 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 23, 2008 15:23

So, LA Forum - when was the last time You actually attended a Stones concert?

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: March 23, 2008 17:31

Very nice to judge a concert on arecording on you tube which may be even taken by mobile phone. This is stupid. We all know those ups and downs in a concert and we all should know that we all get older and not always good for any better.
Tell me any other three (ok with Ronnie four) musicians in Rock and Roll or let's say popular music you survived more than 45 years and can still play not as 30 year old ones, but with grace and spirit rock and roll and blues deserves.
If they go out live again, I'll be there... and the ticket prices? well just skip those beers you pay much to much anyway and enjoy the show...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 23, 2008 17:42

Do you really think this in an average 2007 performace? I've seen 10 concerts that year, and of course at least 8 out of 10 have been nothing less than excellent. We all know that Keith was underperforming because he was undergoing a pharmacologic therapy, and I think that once he recovers YES we'll get an even better tour. Rolling Stones are the best, 'nuff said.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 23, 2008 18:05

Mates, I love the Stones' music, I am addicted to it, but 2007 was a very bad year, that is a fact! If they will do another tour, I will have no choice and I will buy tickets, but both guitarists played horrible during some of the 2007 shows. I simply expect Richards and Wood to have two or three beers before the show (or some wine), they can enjoy Whiskey and Vodka after the concert. If they want to drink loads of alcohol all day long I wish them a great time and lots of fun, but in their wonderful houses,not on the stage.

Date: March 23, 2008 18:33

Ron Wood played brilliantly throghtout the whole 2007 tour; actually he hadn't been playing that good in many many years. Keith has been very unconsistent, but got much better as the tour went on. Just ask the people who actually went to the shows.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 23, 2008 18:44

Wild Slivovitz, please see that I love stones shows, I saw them in 2007, and of all the tours I have seen since 1990 2007 was the worst by far.

Date: March 23, 2008 21:24

As far as Keith is concerned there's no doubt about that.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 23, 2008 22:03

I used to be worried about what was happening to them live during 07 but soon realized that it was Keith's medication that may have been the cause of that rough patch. He recently admitted that the medication he was on from his head surgery made him wobbly and disoriented...and that easily explains reports of Keith almost falling off the B-stag and etc. Listening to that clip leaves me no doubt that the medication he was on contributed to do off playing.

Date: March 23, 2008 22:24

Still he got green light every nite to play, one must reckon?

I guess there is no way to avoid another "Keef is over and out-topic"
again. Still; I wanna say its his fingers that is the greatest problem.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 23, 2008 22:25

LA FORUM

A bit unfair to judge 30 shows based on a single, 2-minute cellphone clip of a the worst played song from a show (Helsinki) which most people who followed the tour agreed was one of the weakest shows of the lot.

A patchy tour for sure, but I saw all I needed to see at the 02 in August to convince me that the Stones are still every bit as capable of blowing away almost every band on the planet when they put their minds to it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 23, 2008 22:52

I dunno what to say, other than it's The Rolling Stones.

One of their most known gigs, Hyde Park 1969, is ropey to the max, but yet, it's still got something yeah!?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home