Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: More footage from SAL (She was Hot)
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:17

[passing more popcorn to open-g]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 20:22 by with sssoul.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:17

Keith is playin tha same guitar lick from a minute or so ahah
i love it

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:46

with sssoul
i just checked with a passing non-Stones-freak, and the verdict is:
this and Some Girls feature some very witty guitar-playing, and they both rock.

HOW COULD YOU DARE CHECKING KEITH NOODLING WITH SOMEONE WHO PROBABLY THINK OF AGED PRALINES IF TOLD BRUSSELS 73!!!

winking smiley

Date: March 22, 2008 20:49

... the passing non-Stones-freak happens to be a professional guitarist of pretty fair renown - that's how.
he did find the way it's mixed a bit weird - the way it turns up the volume of whatever instrument is on the screen, i mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 21:09 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:54

What's noodling?? =)

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:55

OUCH!
winking smiley

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: March 22, 2008 22:04

Yes, indeed! The musical part seems to be phantastic. The only thing I mean is that - from what I've seen by now - the band is too much into its performance, which I've never seen on all these gigs on ABB.
Anyway, I'll watch the movie next week and then I may give a correct feedback...

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 22, 2008 22:52

Keith (He Was Hot).
the others pretty hot too

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 22, 2008 23:35

I can't believe all the negative comments. Seriously. You guys LOVE to hate on SAL while me and my friends (most of whom are in their mid/early 20s) are on the edge of our seats waiting for this to come out. You see a minute long clip and are immediately able to judge the entire film... very sad.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: March 22, 2008 23:50

flacnvinyl
I can't believe all the negative comments. Seriously. You guys LOVE to hate on SAL while me and my friends (most of whom are in their mid/early 20s) are on the edge of our seats waiting for this to come out. You see a minute long clip and are immediately able to judge the entire film... very sad.

Exactly...these clips are like tasting a spoonful of a soup and judging the entire banquet. Let's wait to see what is served up in a few days...although I do get the impression from all these clips (if I may indulge in prognostication based on these few clips) that this will be the Stones best live album since Ya Ya's. They just sound totally energized and focused. As far as the visuals are concerned, Jagger is overacting, and his 'singing' on Some Girls is an Amphetamine Rap, rather than proper blues crowing...but that just adds spice to the proceedings. I think we'll be chewing over the results for months to come...

Date: March 23, 2008 01:16

I agree whole-heartedly. These clips, when viewed as that, are fun little glimpses at what looks to be a fantastic film. I'll stand by my description in saying that Beacon #2 (Shine A Light) was the greatest concert I have ever experienced in my life. I'm just thrilled that the sound is f-ing fantastic!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 23, 2008 01:26

flacnvinyl
You guys LOVE to hate on SAL while me and my friends (most of whom are in their mid/early 20s) are on the edge of our seats waiting for this to come out. (...) very sad.

You're just anxious to see if your hired and fixed butts will be screened.
Very sad to see model-critiscm of people discussing the music, which is what Rolling Stones is supposed to be all about.
That being said, I think this She Was Hot clip was mighty fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 01:33 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 23, 2008 01:33

Erik_Snow
You're just anxious to see if your hired and fixed butts will be screened.

Nope, I could care less whether I see myself in the film or not.

Erik_Snow
Very sad to see model-critiscm of people discussing the music, which is what Rolling Stones is supposed to be all about.

I don't understand that sentence at all Erik. 'model-critiscm of people discussing the music'. What do you mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 01:43 by flacnvinyl.

Date: March 23, 2008 01:37

Good grief, Drake, can't you respect some jealousy when you see it? Chill out..!
("Model-critisicm"....that's what the models are whispering about the sane folks)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 01:42 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 23, 2008 01:40

I guess I misunderstood you. Thought it was just a straight jab. My bad. I still don't understand how people can watch the first bit of She Was Hot or Some Girls, on a tiny little preview quality video, with compressed audio, and say definitively that the Stones are 'overplaying' or phoning it in, etc...

Date: March 23, 2008 01:52

flacnvinyl
I guess I misunderstood you. Thought it was just a straight jab. My bad. I still don't understand how people can watch the first bit of She Was Hot or Some Girls, on a tiny little preview quality video, with compressed audio, and say definitively that the Stones are 'overplaying' or phoning it in, etc...

Yeah I was just fooling around, Drake - it must be a thrill to be in 1st row
Concerning the thoughts/posts over Some Girls here; I think some of them posts are mostly interesting.
Being disappointed after seeing that Some Girls clip, only goes to show that one has huge respect and expectations in Rolling Stones in the first place - and maybe Martin S. spoiled his opportnunity to preserve these Beacon gigs for future generations. And maybe Jagger was too tense because of the models...
then again; maybe it's a brilliant piece of film.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 11:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 23, 2008 05:16

I like it. It seems like the vocal delivery is a bit different on this live version. the word Was is accentuated more.

I had a theory about the beat being different but after listening again what I described is only partially true

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-23 20:02 by ryanpow.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:55

Flacvinyl is our old pal Drake? The Taper Of Sway? That guy? Had no idea (Hi Drake).

I think this clip is utterly great. The performance rocks and the music rocks. AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2008 10:39

The movie is going to be the best Stones product for ages. Some people cry here for realism or authenticity but I think they are missing the point. The whole concert(s) were not 'authentical' regular gigs but staged up for a movie, and only thing that is 'authentical' is the band and the music. And it is up to Scorsese's artistic intentions how those are presented (and sometimes artist needs to manipulate teh reality to make the impression more authentic, in fact). From the base I 've seen so far, this will be a product which will the most lasting presentation of the late-day-Stones for the generations to come. There are enough of those DVDs (and CDs) capturing the regular Stones gigs from 1989 on. And none of them captures the energy and excitement of the 'real' Stones show - how it feels to be present. I think Scorcese is trying to get us there.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-24 10:41 by Doxa.

Date: March 24, 2008 11:18

>> Some people cry here for realism or authenticity but I think they are missing the point.
The whole concert(s) were not 'authentical' regular gigs but staged up for a movie,
and only thing that is 'authentical' is the band and the music. <<

thanks Doxa - i was trying to say the same thing on some other recent thread:
it's a document of Scorsese making a film of the Stones. looking at it that way
might help some people over some of the stumbling blocks to enjoying it.
and for those who end up preferring concert dvds that document concerts, not movie-making:
isn't it interesting to have that awareness - and isn't it fine that we have that kind of dvd too

>> And it is up to Scorsese's artistic intentions <<

this is still the stumbling block to me, and i'm still hoping some Major Scorsese Fans
will give me some Appreciation Lessons: maybe if i had better insight into his artistic intentions
i would be able to appreciate them better. as it is, he gets in my way a lot of the time,
and i am sorry if his particular vision is going to be mistaken for "the important film" about the Stones.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 24, 2008 11:23

man i am pumped after watching that
bring.it.on.

but why do us Aussies have to wait till late May to see it ?

anyone know when it will be out on DVD ?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 24, 2008 15:38

looking good...can't wait for the sneak preview on april 1...!
thanks for posting the video.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 16:36

Anyone who complains about the band's performance on this is on another planet. That is the Stones that I have loved for 43 years!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 24, 2008 17:24

My 'negative' comments refer to it sounding very messy and rather not like the song. It was very difficult to follow. And that, to me, causes some concern. And these little speakers suck.

Date: March 24, 2008 17:28

I just had another listen - it's certainly got the where the camera is looking the volume is up thing going on - Bernard is very loud at the end. Sounds very off. Keith is playing the same solo line he's been playing on Sympathy and Sad Sad Sad and Satisfaction since that tour! Fu*ck, I hope it comes near New Orleans since the Stones don't anymore.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 24, 2008 18:43

flacnvinyl

Ah, the voice of reason from the wisdom of babes! Well done!thumbs up

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: March 24, 2008 19:04

Well, seeing a clip from the movie, or a section of a song from the movie on here and noticing that it's not very good, just like that peformance of Sway - it is what it is. I listened, it made me cringe, I commented.

No where does that mean that I think the movie stinks or the whole song stinks or that I won't buy the live record (preferably WITHOUT Undercover Of The Night) or go see the movie (if it comes near me). People think No Security stinks, I like it. Whatever.

Date: March 24, 2008 19:25

... for the record: some people making comments have seen the whole film.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 24, 2008 19:48

skipstone
My 'negative' comments refer to it sounding very messy and rather not like the song. It was very difficult to follow. And that, to me, causes some concern. And these little speakers suck.

jeeeeezzzz^^

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:06

A Vegas moment with fake fans waving their arms.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home