Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Posted by: roma_run ()
Date: March 24, 2008 22:44

I post most often on undercover, but have been to a *few* smiling smiley Europe shows which is why I've been seen around IORR Hi Pauly!

I've already posted on undercover about putting together a SAL gathering for Friday night the 4th at the Metreon: I was thinking about dinner before at an Irish pub nearby, the film, then drinks after...I'm also planning to post on shidoobee as well

tim, have you already made some firm plans for iorr? Let's team up and get everyone together!

really looking forward to these upcoming events, especially since I've got to see if my silly face made it into the film.

see you all soon!
Laura

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Posted by: Anastasia ()
Date: March 25, 2008 00:42

Whoo whoo - almost as exciting as getting tix for Stones concert....just got tix for the 7:45 pm show at The Metreon for Friday nite April 4th! Hope to see other IORRers there!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 25, 2008 01:14

roma_run
I post most often on undercover, but have been to a *few* smiling smiley Europe shows which is why I've been seen around IORR Hi Pauly!

I've already posted on undercover about putting together a SAL gathering for Friday night the 4th at the Metreon: I was thinking about dinner before at an Irish pub nearby, the film, then drinks after...I'm also planning to post on shidoobee as well

tim, have you already made some firm plans for iorr? Let's team up and get everyone together!

really looking forward to these upcoming events, especially since I've got to see if my silly face made it into the film.

see you all soon!
Laura

I have tickets for the evening show - I think it's around 7:45 p.m. - which show are you going to and which pub?? Sarah

PS I have another thread going on this too!

Posted by: roma_run ()
Date: March 25, 2008 03:45

sarahunwin
I have tickets for the evening show - I think it's around 7:45 p.m. - which show are you going to and which pub?? Sarah

Hi Sarah, I'm sorry I didn't see that you had a thread going! Although I have identified a likely pub for the pre-show, as well as a pub for the post-show, I haven't yet called them to find out if they have any private parties scheduled for that night and also to let them know so they can be prepared for an approximate number of people. (I've done this sort of thing for a few of the bay area pre/post show gatherings, if you're wondering why I know the drill hahaha)

Have you figured out places already? I just don't want to re-invent the wheel. smiling smiley If you haven't figured our places to go, I'm happy to start a new thread with the locations, after I give them a call, just let me know.

Oh yes, and I'm planning to go to the 7:45 show, along with you.

see you soon!
Laura

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 25, 2008 04:05

I will be in Sacramento to watch it with my older brother Paul, who is my Stones elder as he is the original Stones fan in the family of 6 kids, he saw them back in the mid 60s. He saw the Keith electrocution show in Sacramento and was also at Altamont and several other shows in between and since.

We have a group of 5 (all family) so far and we will all get our free SAL drink coasters at the theater.

P

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 25, 2008 18:37

although I will not be able to make it to the gallery because I am working on Sat. I will be meeting up with everyone in the evening around 5:15 or so.

actually it will probably be more like 5:14.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-25 18:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 26, 2008 01:05

ryanpow
although I will not be able to make it to the gallery because I am working on Sat. I will be meeting up with everyone in the evening around 5:15 or so.

actually it will probably be more like 5:14.

Well Damn Ryan,if you can't make it by 4:13 fuhgeddaboutit!!!!.....Just kidding man. Look forward to meeting ya Sat. night. Hell we'll even give you 'til 5:16.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 26, 2008 05:15

List of Gallery/Restaurant/Pub - Goers for March 29 thus far:

The Plexiglass

tomk

sweetcharmedlife

dixiecup

ryanpow (post-gallery arrival, 5:14 pm)

sarahunwin

chrisM - party of 2

mcparty

roma_run - party of 2

Total: 12 persons

anyone else??

Reminder: Meet 3 pm at the San Francisco Art Exchange

458 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

gallery and map link: [sfae.com]

I'm going to send this info off to Melissa at the SFAE. Let me know about anyone else or whatever else. Thanks.

Plexiglass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 20:01 by timbernardis.

Date: March 26, 2008 23:14

roma_run
sarahunwin

Hi Sarah, I'm sorry I didn't see that you had a thread going! Although I have identified a likely pub for the pre-show, as well as a pub for the post-show, I haven't yet called them to find out if they have any private parties scheduled for that night and also to let them know so they can be prepared for an approximate number of people. (I've done this sort of thing for a few of the bay area pre/post show gatherings, if you're wondering why I know the drill hahaha)

Have you figured out places already? I just don't want to re-invent the wheel. smiling smiley If you haven't figured our places to go, I'm happy to start a new thread with the locations, after I give them a call, just let me know.

Oh yes, and I'm planning to go to the 7:45 show, along with you.

see you soon!
Laura

Hey Laura, as you seem such an expert I would be happy to follow your lead and show up at any bar/pub/restaurant you wish.......

let me know and who the hell else will be there - come on guys - stand up and be counted!! Sarah

Date: March 26, 2008 23:25

Unfortunately,me and Plexi are going to be in Sacramento rocking out to Springsteen. Otherwise we would certainly be there. But have big fun and I look forward to seeing everybody Sat.

Date: March 28, 2008 19:47

Bump.......Don't forget people tomorrow at 3.smiling bouncing smiley

Re: The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS)
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 30, 2008 05:45

I ot back from the first meeting of the bay Area Plexiglass Society which has held at the San Francisco Art Exchange SF Art Exchange and had a wonderful time meeting timbernardis, sweetcharmed life and sarahunwin. Mcparty, whom I've known for years, and my wife Ikuko were there as well. First of all I would like to thank Tim for putting this all together and for providing the great door prizes and Mellissa and Steve for hosting us, providing food, drink and putting up with with us. The Ethan Russell exhibit was absolutely fantastic and had excellent prints in display from the "Let It Bleed" book plus some photos that were not included in the book. The exhibit ends this week so for those of you who live in the Bay Area get thee to the SF Art Exchange with all speed, you'll find well worth the effort!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, few pics from the event:

Pictured from rear left: ChrisM, Ikuko, mcparty and from left front timbernardis, sarahunwin and sweetcharmedlife.

tb and scl displaying the BAPS T-Shirt

sarahunwin and sweetcharmedlife

Our lovely host Melissa and Timbernardis

Many, many thanks again to all and I'll look forward to seeing you all again soon! Roll On!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-30 05:56 by ChrisM.

Date: March 30, 2008 06:08

Hi ChrisM - you work fast! It was great to meet everyone at the SFAE. Thanks to Melissa for putting up with us and being so charming and Tim aka Plexi for the great T-shirt and trading cards which included a temporary tongue tatoo exactly the same size and everything as the permanent one I have on my back - only diffence the Plexi one has black spikes on the tongue and is now adoring my left forearm!

Seriously, 'tho, long live BAPS!

Date: March 30, 2008 06:42

Wow,you people really do work fast. Very well put Chris.All I can do is echo your thoughts. Thanks for the CD. A small but hearty gathering of the BAPS (copyright pending). Again thanks to Tim/Plexi for getting the ball rolling on this. Thanks again to Sweet Melissa our very lovely hostess.smiling bouncing smiley. Great exhibit. With rumours of more on the way.Not sure if we got the ok to talk about it yet. But we will plug it when it happens.
Much fun meeting everbody including Ryanpow afterwards. Hope it's not too long befeore we can do it again.....Oh and my excuse for the horrible pictures I took. I was having a bad face day.eye popping smiley......Plus, sitting next to the lovely sarahunwin,of course I look awful.

Date: March 30, 2008 09:06

It was a pleasure to meet sarhunwin, sweetcharmedlife and The Plexi (timbernadris). sorry I could not make it earlier to meet everyone else.
And thanks Tim for the DVD and matches and going with me back to the gallery!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-30 09:08 by ryanpow.

Date: March 30, 2008 09:13

Cool Ryan. I'm glad you got a chance to see the exhibit.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2008 11:32

WOW!!!...... SLICK ta see all you cats havin' a groove...nice shots...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-30 11:34 by Rockman.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 30, 2008 11:44

Yeah, agree, cool. Hope to join ya momentarily one of these days.

Date: March 31, 2008 03:02

we had a good time but I am not having a good time right now, sitting in my hotel room with diahrea (spelling?) all day, oh, got to run for a minute!

back now. will post a few pics for now, that's it til later.

BTW, Plexi sounds better than timbernardis! juskiddin, but not entirely.

Many thanks to the San Francisco Art Exchange www.sfae.com, but most especially to the pretty Melissa, our hostess. mbuckner@sfae.com -- she is highly recommended.

We also did see some Bill Wyman fotos.

Oh, the fellow in the beret holding a glass of beer in the last few fotos is ryanpow, he joined us afterward, though he and I went for a return visit to the SFAE afterwards.

Plexi

THE BEST FOTO IN THE EXHIBIT !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 03:12 by timbernardis.

Date: March 31, 2008 03:48

Nice pics Plex. Except the ones I'm in,ughh those are rough....But a fun time,nice people all the way around.thumbs up

Date: March 31, 2008 03:58

Thanks again Plexi - great job. I hope you are sending Melissa that fantastic one of her! Do hope you are feeling better - maybe it was the pate? Cheers, Sarah

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 31, 2008 04:06

Great pics Plexi! (formerly known as timbernardis) Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well but it will soon pass. (no pun intended) I sent you an e-mail with all the pics I took and will follow suit with Sarah (could you send me an e-mail please?) and SCL. Oh, and sorry to have missed you Ryan! Next time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 04:09 by ChrisM.

Date: March 31, 2008 05:55

yeah chris I'll have to meet you at the next BAPS get together. I wanted to thank you for Brussels affair.

Sara, you weren't kidding when you said the Ethan Russel book was long!! Im gunna have to go back to the SFAE to look at the rest of it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 31, 2008 05:57

Cool shots! Everyone looks fantastic, P!

Sarah, do you sometimes get told you look like a young Rosemary Clooney? You know, from those who remember any of the Clooney clan other than George?

Re: Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society - Get Together Fotos
Date: March 31, 2008 06:51

Does that mean I have a chance to get close to George?!

Date: March 31, 2008 07:18

sarahunwin
and Tim aka Plexi for the great T-shirt and trading cards which included a temporary tongue tatoo exactly the same size and everything as the permanent one I have on my back - only diffence the Plexi one has black spikes on the tongue and is now adoring my left forearm!

Seriously, 'tho, long live BAPS!

Sarah -- do u mean that i was adoring your left forearm??!! Or adorning -- now that would have been fun.

Since u mentioned the Stones door prizes, just for the record some of the others were Stones matches and boots, both CDs and DVDs.

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 07:48 by timbernardis.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 31, 2008 07:38

Sarah, yes, I do believe you have a shot with George.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: March 31, 2008 08:09

Is that the Art Gallery right next to the Diva Hotel? Maybe you went to the Daily Grill across the street after?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 31, 2008 13:23

looks like BAPS had a good time

Date: March 31, 2008 17:36

yes, we did!

I don't know about the Diva, maybe Ryanpow or one of the others could answer that better than I.

The eatery was up on the next corner on Geary (where the art gallery is located) going away from the bay side. Again, the others need to name the restaurant.

Praise the Plexiglass

Plexi

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home