Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: March 20, 2008 23:40

I'm up for the 29th!

It just hit me that I'll be traveling back from Florida (the annual spring "break" trip with the kiddies) on the night of April 4. I'm bummed, but HECK I don't think I'll be struck down going to see SAL the following day. Will I? I mean, when they compile the stats for the weekend box office smash, it will take in the entire weekend, right? I just wanna be a statistic (wasn't that a Ramones song?!)

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 21, 2008 01:29

Is the Metreon in SF a particularly interesting or good IMAX theater -- i mean, what would be different about seeing it there as opposed to any other IMAX theater?

p

Date: March 21, 2008 01:32

sarahunwin
I don't think anyone has gathered yet for the Shine a Light opening, just for Ethan Russell exhibit on 3/29.... please correct me if I'm wrong 'cos I plan to attend both!

For the SAL SF gathering, would probably be best to "register" on Sarahwin's thread on that topic -- IORR San Franciscans for SAL or whatever the exact title is.

P

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:25

timbernardis
sarahunwin
I don't think anyone has gathered yet for the Shine a Light opening, just for Ethan Russell exhibit on 3/29.... please correct me if I'm wrong 'cos I plan to attend both!

For the SAL SF gathering, would probably be best to "register" on Sarahwin's thread on that topic -- IORR San Franciscans for SAL or whatever the exact title is.

P

Oh, I'm sorry Sarahunwin, I must have got it wrong from my kinda perspective.

but do go ahead and have 2 meetings.

...and hey, it's nice to see T&A lurkin' about. greeetz man ^^

also Plexi - forward my greets to Frank.

good to know ya.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:48

timbernardis
Is the Metreon in SF a particularly interesting or good IMAX theater -- i mean, what would be different about seeing it there as opposed to any other IMAX theater?

p

Probably not much.Other than it's in the heart of downtown SF. Which means it's overpriced.LOL...But I saw the U2 movie there and the place is huge. Nice sound as well.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 21, 2008 14:29

....dang, I did see T&A lurking in this thread.

Date: March 22, 2008 00:44

OK Everybody --

I have been in touch with my contact at the gallery and asked her if their most knowledgeable Stones expert could give us a tour which would include ALL of their Stones related items and she says:

after 2 pm on Saturday, will that work for your schedule? (Our resident Stones/Music Expert/Walking Encyclopedia will arrive at 2pm).

We will prepare the upstairs with some of Ronnie’s work and perhaps some of Bill Wyman’s as well, how does that sound?

[of course I had the nerve to ask about the following, and : ]

one of the gallery owners will be here on that afternoon, and he has offered to provide a few bottles of wine and some munchies for you and your crew.

If possible, let’s try to agree on a time you expect to be here, so we can be set up and prepared for you when you arrive.

can you pass along our web-address so you and your group all have a few things in mind that I can show you or focus on. We’ll choose a couple of pieces and do some presentations too.

[here is their web address -- [www.sfae.com] ; obviously, this is an art gallery, and they want to make sales. I will tell her that the group wants to see all the Stones items, but that I cannot tell her anything about sales, that is up to each individual]

I do mean Bill Wyman’s photos, we hosted his world-debut, his first EVER gallery show back on Father’s Day in 2006. You and your friends should know that! Some of his photographs are on our website, and we have a small number of them still here, many are #1’s in their editions I believe.

So this means: Ethan Russell photos, Ronnie Wood art, and Bill Wyman photos, along with a presentation and some wine and a little food. All for FREE.

Hell, I think I will ask her if they have any Charlie art. I have already told her something about THE PLEXIGLASS, hopefully she sees the light.

Anyway, if this sounds good, can I tell her that we will be at the gallery at 2 pm on Sat 29 March??

Please post or e mail me. Thanks.

Plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 00:53 by timbernardis.

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 22, 2008 00:58

Plexi,

This sounds really fun. Count me in. Sat 29th Mar 2pm. SFAE. Thank you!

Date: March 22, 2008 03:16

Sounds good Plexi. I'll be there.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 22, 2008 03:30

sweet

I just LOVE that Who line u just quoted. Is the song title "In Tune", curse me, forget.

p

Posted by: Anastasia ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:07

Oh, Tim - how could you forget so soon? Our evening in London? The St. Giles? The night before O2? hahaha....Hartbr8kr and I are in the North Bay - can't make the Russell exhibit (MIL B-day)...but we'll keep our calendar clear for the 2nd meeting of BAPS. And I'll keep looking for the official IORR SF SAL opening post...April 4 or 5th at The Metreon?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:20

What a bummer! I will be in the bay area from the 31st of March to the 16th of April, but on April 4th, I will be flying home to L.A. for the weekend to be with my family as April 5th is me and my wife's (proper English) 21st wedding anniversary. I would have loved the opportunity to have met fellow IORRers.

Date: March 22, 2008 04:57

and fellow BAPers

Date: March 22, 2008 05:00

Anastasia
Oh, Tim - how could you forget so soon? Our evening in London? The St. Giles? The night before O2? hahaha....Hartbr8kr and I are in the North Bay - can't make the Russell exhibit (MIL B-day)...but we'll keep our calendar clear for the 2nd meeting of BAPS. And I'll keep looking for the official IORR SF SAL opening post...April 4 or 5th at The Metreon?

Are you the two who accosted me as my daughter and I emerged from a black London cab in front of the St Giles and like, recited my life story to me? from somewhere like Sonoma or something, formerly of SF?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2008 05:56

plexi, that sounds fabulous, what you set up!!

had you bought a painting from the gallery before?

wish i could go <sniff>...will be in the Bay area at the end of May.

Date: March 22, 2008 06:23

As the Co-Conspirator in all this. Thanks first of all to Plexi to pulling all strings possible for this. Much thanks to those who have expressed interest in attending but can't make it. It does the heart good to hear from so many Bay Area Stones fans and hopefully bodes well for future BAPS get togethers. But we do hope all who can, turn out and thanks to the San Francisco Art Exchange for welcoming us.

And yes plex,my latest sig is from a Who song called "Getting In Tune" from Who's Next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 06:25 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: March 22, 2008 08:10

angee:

had you bought a painting from the gallery before?

plexi:

no, never. Though they tried very hard to do so on two occasions when I visited the gallery, once in the 90s and then again in Dec 06.

But the gallery treated me very well on my last visit, with Melissa touring us through all the Ron Wood art on the main floor, then taking us upstairs into a storage room and showing us more Stones items from other artists.

I must say that their price they offered me on one piece was better than most all the other sources that I checked.

sweetcharmedlife:

And yes plex,my latest sig is from a Who song called "Getting In Tune" from Who's Next.

"I get a little tired of having to say do you come here often"

plexi:

Yes, that's it, great song from the greatest Who album "Who's Next." Thanks.

Plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 08:11 by timbernardis.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 23, 2008 22:05

See you then Plexi and gang! I know the gallery well and Jim invites me to all the openings there. I bought Mick with Harmonica from that gallery and they are a great bunch of people. The gallery is not very big but has been representing Ronnie forever. They have drinks and finger food at all their opening and are just a great bunch of people. Sarah

Date: March 24, 2008 01:15

Sarah,which Steve Miller show are you going to next week?

Date: March 24, 2008 02:00

I need to give the art gallery a time and a number of people, so:

1) 3 pm seems to work well for people, from what I have heard so far. If that time is really a problem, let me know.

2) Please confirm that u can be at the San Francisco Art Exchange at 3 this coming Saturday, March 29 or if you want to join us later, even for dinner after the art gallery or drinks after dinner, let me know that too.

I am thinking we will be at the gallery til maybe 5 (that's 2 hours) .

3) For those who can't make it til after the art gallery, I can get your phone number(s) later and let u know where to meet us.

So please confirm that u can make it at 3 at the gallery or when u can make it -- post this information on this thread

-- OR --

e mail The Plexiglass at tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

Please do this by Monday evening as I intend to e mail her on Tuesday.

If someone doesn't know til after Monday or other people want to join up later, I think we can probably do that, I just want to let her know as soon as possible.

I am going to give her a number and the time on Tuesday, but will let her know that the group could grow.

Thanks

The Plexiglass of Charles Robert Watts

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-24 02:04 by timbernardis.

Date: March 24, 2008 02:02

One small correction Plex. that would be MARCH 29th. Not Oct.........

Date: March 24, 2008 02:05

damn, where was my head

oh I know, that's about the time of year the Stones always come to the Bay Area, must've been thinking I was going for a show!

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-24 02:06 by timbernardis.

Date: March 24, 2008 19:54

sarahunwin
See you then Plexi and gang! I know the gallery well and Jim invites me to all the openings there. I bought Mick with Harmonica from that gallery and they are a great bunch of people. The gallery is not very big but has been representing Ronnie forever. They have drinks and finger food at all their opening and are just a great bunch of people. Sarah

Monday, ie. today!

Date: March 24, 2008 19:56

Hey Plexi, I'll be there at the gallery at 3:00 p.m. To be quite honest I think two hours at the gallery is an overreach. Like I said, it is pretty small and even going through everything I cannot believe we would spend much more than one hour.......

Sarah

Date: March 24, 2008 20:11

sweetcharmedlife

Got confused trying to quote prior messages and quoted the wrong one above!

Going to the Steve MIller show tonight, i.e. Monday. Maybe I'll wear my IORR T-shirt so look out for one! Sarah

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:40

Well done Plexi for organzing all of this. My wife, mcparty and I had planned some weeks ago to come around 1:00PM or so but I'm sure we can rearrange our schedule though I can't speak for mcparty. Pat, weigh in!

Posted by: mcparty ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:58

I'm totally open to the time. 1:00 or 3:00 or......

Should be good - let's take a photo and post it,eh?

Date: March 24, 2008 22:00

Good, sounds like it's coming together.

I think we are still waiting to hear from some others (??)

Plexi

Date: March 24, 2008 22:07

sarahunwin
sweetcharmedlife

Got confused trying to quote prior messages and quoted the wrong one above!

Going to the Steve MIller show tonight, i.e. Monday. Maybe I'll wear my IORR T-shirt so look out for one! Sarah

Ahhh,I'm going tomorrow. But post a review if you get a chance. Either way I'll see you and everyone else on Sat.

Posted by: roma_run ()
Date: March 24, 2008 22:34

yes, I'll be there! Thanks for putting this together!

put me down for two, for the gallery shindig, and knowing me I'll probably stay for drinks after....

Laura

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home