Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Some Girls from Shine a Light Video
Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:26

I miss the effects on Jaggers guitar, like on the studio version. Though Ronnie and Keith seem to have some effects.

There is no harp intro either. This live version is more rock. I like it in a way, but i miss the charm of the original sound.

Like Barbabang said: a shame Keith took over Ronnie's (original) part.
That means he IS really noodling, as some say!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-21 10:34 by Muddyw.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:28

doubledoor
As A big Rolling Stones fan I frequent this site. As a big Stones fan I am happy to be directed to a clip like this. As a big Stones fan I enjoy it. As a smart person I avoid all internet criticism from the astounding number of genius's the internet brings forth. I'm a big Stones fan, not just one of their many who admire their peak in 19??, but one who continues to enjoy everything they give us. Even if it is not as brilliant as the second solo from the third song of their first performance in 1969. That is just plain old nerd nitpicking.

So - is it not the point of the internet forum that people have a place to express their views in an honest and open manner, just like you're doing now? If someone doesn't think that this version of Some Girls is up to much, why shouldn't they be able to express their views? OK so it's easy to nit-pick for the sake of it, but all of the points made in this thread have been fair enough. You might not agree but it is your prerogative to do so and, if you feel like it, make your side of the argument. If you were indeed smart, you would be able to make your point without resorting to derisive remarks about those expressing a different point of view.

Date: March 21, 2008 12:21

Sounds way, way better than in 1999. Compared with, for instance, Shepherd´s Bush it´s marvellous.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 21, 2008 16:06

This sounds good, hopefully there will be no overdubs in the whole movie. The guitars may not be perfect, but it rocks. I like the concept of this movie, the stones, and especially Mick, are actors who perform a theatrepiece called Rolling Stones wherever they play a show. This is sophisticated Rock'n'roll.

Posted by: COUSINLOU ()
Date: March 21, 2008 20:16

I WAS THERE. THIS SONG WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF BOTH SHOWS, FOLLOWED BY SHINE A LIGHT.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 21, 2008 20:36

COUSINLOU
I WAS THERE. THIS SONG WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF BOTH SHOWS, FOLLOWED BY SHINE A LIGHT.

OKAY. GOT IT.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 21, 2008 21:09

I like the raw sound of this and the fact that Jagger is playing the main rhythm guitar.
Cool version and it's truly unbeliveable that this song wasn't played on a regular basis on the latest tour.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:30

My point is not that some of the criticism is not well not thought out, just most of it is knee-jerk and repetitive. When I get a new clip of the Stones playing live, I just turn it up and enjoy it and allow myself to be thrilled. Nothing is flawless but if you focus on the negatives constantly instead of the positives you enjoy it less. If someone looks at everything they eat under a microscope first, I'll believe them when they say there is a lot of nasty surprises that make eating much less enjoyable. Thats why I don't eat with a microscope, and that is why I will bring a girl who likes to dance to SAL instead of a notebook.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:39

doubledoor
(...)Thats why I don't eat with a microscope, and that is why I will bring a girl who likes to dance to SAL instead of a notebook.

Then again, this girl of yours probably wouldn't make any worth-reading posts on IORR...

Date: March 22, 2008 01:40

Nice to see you here, Beelyboy!

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:44

WOW. Beely Boy Is SOOOOOOOO smart. (Does anybody know what he said??!!)

Date: March 22, 2008 01:45

Neither will your notebook E-Snow

Date: March 22, 2008 01:58

Well it's not a matter of writing it in a notebook, D-door

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:41

>... and here's a very brief response

In what language was that brief lol?

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:56

tell me about it. what a knuckelhead, he "knows all" duh!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:55

the first time I saw Hampton it was just a clip on Youtube of Let Me Go and I remember thinking that Mick Seemed too coked up and over the top and I wasn't sure if watching that DVD would be enjoyable. When I finally saw it in the store, I of course bought it but I had reservations about it. Putting it on at first I wasnt sure what to think, but when You see mick and the stones in the context of an entire show, it makes much more sense. After five songs, He still keeps the energy up and then brings it up higher, by the end of the show its just impressive. the Hamtpon dVD quikcly grew on me. It takes commitment to keep the energy up for the whole show, its more than just ego and showing off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 04:23 by ryanpow.

Date: March 22, 2008 04:14

To continue with my anti-criticism criticism, Beelyboy's last rant wonderfully shows the dark place the criticism road leads you to. A possessed person would have a hard time matching his sick poisonous rant. Dance and or smile to the music, don't overthink and frown.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:15

just entered a contest on my local classic rock station to see SAL on march 30th , hey ya never know, you have to be in it to win it

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:30

Hey, Beely!
Glad to see you.
Stick around for a while, will 'ya?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:48

Well, at least drop in every once in a while, Beely.

Send me an e-mail if you ever show up around New Orleans.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: March 22, 2008 05:26

Beelyboy
Ket
Beelyboy
aslecs
tell me about it. what a knuckelhead, he "knows all" duh!

u can't even spell "knucklehead" u hopeless tool. .

This has to be the most vile and digusting post I have read on any board, I have reported it and hope the author is banned for life

so vile and disgusting you had to quote it in full and repeat the most vile an disgusting post you have ever read on any board? now here for eternity under YOUR own name and your own post? hypocrite and savage game-playing blossom of turd tunnel that you are. my guess is the moderator will see thru your foolish hysterics, but if not, you can feel real big about your sense of power here.or perhaps termination will be fitting for those who make a fair critique (not responded to at all btw) that is not the de riguer accepted, "CORRECT" manner that is allowable for comments outside of the fawning hypocrits such as yourself and doubledoor to nowhere.
fftttttt.
hypocrite, dimwit AND psuedo-moralist all in one brown package.
worry not, i will erase all my comments on this thread, and every other thread, so as not to hinder your hopeless death march to the land of the stupid.

you @#$%& told somebody to off himself, doesnt that strike you in the least as being a liitle sadistic and cruel??? so what if the guy pissed you off!. And yes you are a much supperior writer then me, probably have a better education so please don't reach into your vast vocabulary to challenge me on that. I just think you crossed the line with that statement by a long way, and I don't think that is being overly moral to call you on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 05:29 by Ket.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 22, 2008 06:02

acatually i think the three of you should take a little hike off the first building that comes your way. you don't 'call me' on anything. you expose your own foolishness and hypocrisy. so be it. have a smashing good time being a "fan"

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 07:39 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 22, 2008 06:30

Hey Beeley ain't ya glad your back?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out....Seriously man,don't let the assclowns around here get you down. Do your thing,post what you want to. Everbody's entiltled. I usually read at least half your posts....Just kidding,just trying to lighten the mood a bit....Peace Beeley....Do your thing man.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 22, 2008 07:42

I wish the Stones showed some 'stones' and kept the politically incorrect verses in.

Perhaps they could have changed the 'black girls' line to white girls, which they've done before, I think,and then slam black girls in a lesser way than the white girls in the next verse.

For example: White girls just want to get ----- all night, and black girls only ----.

Oh well, what are you going to do.

Date: March 22, 2008 08:22

You must of read me wrong Ket, I'm on your side.

Posted by: Outtake ()
Date: March 22, 2008 12:26

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: March 22, 2008 13:31

Mathijs
It sounds good -raw, no overdubs etc., but it looks like the band is performing for camera's, and not for a live audience. It looks a bit like they are acting to be "The Stones". All the moves, looks and whatever -it's a theatrical performance, not a musical one.

And this endless noodling by keith bores the death out of me.

Mathijs

why doesn't he play the songs anymore? He just goes on and on with Berry Licks and three-note impros. Always the same patterns in every @#$%& song.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: March 22, 2008 18:12

Black girls just wanna get @#$%& all night
I just don't have that much jam

Why the hell are YOU censoring it too???

"Black girls just want to get @#$%& all night"

There, I said it, the world didn't come to an end. It's meant to be a joke on stereotypes anyway. The only black girl I dated was great, but she didn't fit the description of the song.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 22, 2008 18:26

@ sjs12

Do you have anything in common with that band in your signature?!

I like them!

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: March 22, 2008 18:53

Do you think they were more afraid of mentioning Black girls or just the F bomb? Of course the black girls. Why change to white? So lame Stones PC. Grow some balls men cmon now. You are the Rolling Stones. No need to abide by a pc world. Racial sensitivity or a lack thereof is too much for even the Stones to take on with Rev Jessie awaiting & sharpton to counterattack! MEZ

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home