Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Why is Ronnie not a Full Band Member? Only Money?
Posted by: Des ()
Date: March 5, 2008 19:14

Actualy the pieces make sence. Ronnie is a full member in spirit and pay for playing. But Keith and Mick have the lasting revenue in song residuals and Charie is in on all of the other business ventures (merchandice). Ronnie realy does not have any long lasting financial ties like say the legacy of Graceland.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 7, 2008 17:00

Another mystery came up when I checked out the balance sheet of Promopub BV of 2006.

As I stated before according to the financial report there are three musicians on employment contract in Promotour BV, and the financial report of Promopub mentions there are two musicians on employment contracts in Promopub BV.

So three musicians in Promotour (who?), two musicians in Promopub (who?) and Mick, Keith and Charlie as share holders of both these companies through the Stichting Administratiekantoor.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 7, 2008 17:42

you then have to add to the mix the web of holding and transfer companies that they have created and then link in the entangled boardships of those compaines with the companies that govern the direction of the tours. The stones business structure stretches way beyon Holland.

Last time i heard each member (MKRC) made about $20 million per tour with the backing musicians (DJ inc) making between $5-8k per show with a per deim on top of that and a retainer in the off-season.

OLDKR

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: March 7, 2008 18:07

Contracts are their own problemes. Ronnie is a full member on stage. They need him to do the job and he does it very well. When time to talk about money come, he becomes an employee. Mick and keith have no mercy about the leading of the group. They should be alble to replace Charlie if needed.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 23, 2008 17:19

marcovandereijk
I have checked on the balance sheet of Promogroup BV of the year 2006. Before 2006 the bookyears started on april 1. They changed that, so the financial statement 2006 only describes the period starting on april 1 until december 31.

Here is the turnover of Promogroup in those last 9 months of 2006 (in USD):

Touring activities: 10.614.797
Recording activities: 863.554
Merchandising: 765.350
Other: 486.174

According to the financial statement the wages and salaries of the employees of Promogroup BV were USD 337.617 in these 9 months. The average number of employees was 8 (in the year 2005 it was only 6). Besides this, the company has 3 musicians on employment contracts.
The remuneration of the board of managing directors and supervisory directors amounted to USD 208.016.

The net profit of the company was 1.360.257 after tax. A dividend of 1.350.000 was paid out to the share holders (= probably Mick, Keith & Charlie).

Is there any up to date financial information available , i.e for the calender year 2007 -for Promogroup BV etc ?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 23, 2008 19:02

CharliMoon
timbernardis
Do u say "it's nothing personal, it's only business" (gee, what movie does that quote come from?).
´

Pirates Of The Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Woody = full band member.

That line was also used in The Godfather and in the Sopranos

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:15

aslecs
He IS a full memeber. u got it wrong

As of 1994 he gets full share , according to Ronnie himself in an interview during the Voo doo tour. I cannot remember who it was with but I did see it.
He mentioned it came after Bill left the Band. He also stated He thought he knew what alot of money was, then when he got full share he really new what alot of money was.

I will see if I can dig it up on Youtube.

Date: September 24, 2008 02:29

i'd heard he got a full share.. if he doesn't and he's saying he does just to cover mick's greedy ass that would be really crap

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 24, 2008 02:51

CharliMoon
timbernardis
Do u say "it's nothing personal, it's only business" (gee, what movie does that quote come from?).
´

Pirates Of The Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Really? I thought it was The Godfather...

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 03:01

i had assumed he was a full member, although it took the "three principles" a while to get around to annointing him.

just hope he is going to be ok. hell, i don't care if they never tour again. just like when keef and charlie were so sick. just get well, ronnie. we have TONS of material to listen to forever. we just want YOU around for a long time!

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:13

Mathijs
there's even a book written about it (Mick Jagger: Manager/Ondernemer by Flip Vuijsje).

Mathijs

This book was never published in English, was it?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:49

Curiosity had the better of me, so I checked the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam again.

Promotour BV appears to have been dissolved on december 28th 2006. This is the result of a merger between Promotour and Promobridge BV. A new company has been formed with the name Promogracht BV. It is administered in file number 33132335 at the Chamber of Commerce of Amsterdam.

There is more than one share holder of Promogracht. The Chamber of Commerce only publishes the name of the share holder in case there is 100 % ownership. This means we don't know who ownes the shares of Promogracht BV.

The company Promogracht has one director (Jan Favié) and Joyce Anne Smith is the commissioner. Arend Jan van der Marel was the second director until the first of august 2008.

No annual account has yet been made of years later than 2006.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 24, 2008 13:43

Many thanks Marcovandereijk!

Presumably the comapnies Musidor, Promotone and Prompub still exists?

Are they part of the structure "headed" by Promogroup/Promogracht?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 24, 2008 15:07

stoned in washington dc
i'd heard he got a full share.. if he doesn't and he's saying he does just to cover mick's greedy ass that would be really crap

Why does Mick always take the flak? He won't be getting any more than Keith, I think we can be sure of that.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home