Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

90 seconds clips from Shine A Light , the Movie and 5 samples from the soundtrack
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 26, 2008 09:52

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 21:06 by UrbanSteel.

Re: 90 seconds clips from Shine A Light , the Movie
Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: February 26, 2008 10:02

the most beautiful way to start a lousy Tuesday working day hot smiley

Re: 90 seconds clips from Shine A Light , the Movie and 5 samples from the soundtrack
Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: February 26, 2008 10:57

I'll wait for the album ^^

Re: 90 seconds clips from Shine A Light , the Movie and 5 samples from the soundtrack
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 26, 2008 12:19

sounds great to me.....

Posted by: Eirik ()
Date: February 26, 2008 12:48

Promising. Can't wait.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 26, 2008 13:41

I like the raw sound . .

Sounds good.

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: February 26, 2008 20:01

Whooooooooo hooooooooo spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I cant wait for it hot smiley

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 26, 2008 20:23

how many of you picked up copies of the hurricane single at the abb gigs?

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:21

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, sounds very promising. Raw guitar sound and I love Christina on "Live with me".

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:31

Live With me sounds promising!

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: February 27, 2008 06:02

I sure hope that clip of JJF isn't how it appears in the film. What a lame way to introduce that riff. It's a riff that demands respect and attention.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 27, 2008 06:51

I wish Mick was SINGING JJFlash - what a horrible job 'singing' it. It sounds like he's dying...it has ZERO energy.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:23

skipstone
I wish Mick was SINGING JJFlash - what a horrible job 'singing' it. It sounds like he's dying...it has ZERO energy.

Yep. Pretty bad.

But I'm uneasy with this "Stones Vs. Scorcese" subplot to the movie. Are we supposed to believe that Mick and Co. were concealing their setlist until showtime so as to confuse Marty and throw the filming into jeopardy?

Where Scorcese once had the tension and chaos of Manuel, Helm, Robertson, Dylan and Young, he's now got the Stones very late in their game. The whole thing seems like a lame attempt at injecting some intrigue into what is now an incredibly professional and lucrative operation.

Having said all that, though, "She Was Hot" sounds pretty damn good.

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: February 27, 2008 13:32

Not very impressed with what I hear...Jagger sounds unwell, voice is not there, strained, old....lovin'cup sounds just awful. I agree with the Rev's comparison of the Band to the Stones. Face it, these guys have lost their"tension" and energy...ah for a taste of the good old days. Having said that..."i'll still probably see it

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 27, 2008 15:46

Preview stars:
--------------------------

As Tears Go By - LOVELY!!!! Tenner. Word.
Live With Me - A bit too much Xtina? Great beat and guitars though. 8.
She Was Hot - A sure tenner.
Jumping Jack Flash - Mick hasn't calibrated the guns yet. Awesome guitars and Charlie, Charlie, Charlie!!!! 8.
Loving Cup - Jack White has a cool voice for this. Sounds lovely (Except for Mick's: "And I know my car won't STAAAAAART") grinning smiley 9.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 27, 2008 16:52

Loving Cup would have been 10+ if Keith was the duett partner.
Jack White just spoils it completely IMO.

amazing how Xtina's voice stays on one tone all the time...8

She was Hot is so damn hot - at least it's on the audio CD in it's entirety. 10

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 27, 2008 17:09

I agree that the voice sounds quite poor. What a pity, Jagger sang so well that tour and he had to be unwell on that occasion! I'd actually had been in favour of a few overdubs...
She was hot especially sounds awful to me, sorry... Even the guitar intro is sloppy, and then the singing during the first chorus is simply nowhere.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 17:15

To answer Hbwriter's question, I have the Hurricane single - why do you ask?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 27, 2008 17:20

>> Jack White just spoils [Loving Cup] <<

+1
the way he behaves is ... well, that's why the good lord invented fast-forward buttons

>> Are we supposed to believe that Mick and Co. were concealing their setlist until showtime <<

i believe we're supposed to recognize it as a form of humour (but i don't know if the general public will)

>> "She Was Hot" sounds pretty damn good. <<

~*YEAH!*~

Date: February 27, 2008 17:21

>> I have the Hurricane single - why do you ask? <<

+1 to both of those too

Date: February 27, 2008 17:45

Aside from Mick's tiny yelping vocal performance on JJF (Loving Cup is bothersome and Tears - what is he DOING? He's singing from his fu*cking NOSE!), I just saw Sway from somewhere on the Bang tour and holy shit is it just terrible. Keith looks like he's about to fu*cking keel over and DIE and Mick is just....he's not even phoning it in, he's just drooling it in. The Hey! Hey now! part is just an abomination. Why bother? Half the tune he's flat...UGH.

Maybe less shows might mean more energy?

Licks may very well have been the last good/decent performance of the band. I don't have the Bang DVDs yet. Should I even bother?

Date: February 27, 2008 18:22

>> Should I even bother? <<

what, and deprive yourself of the fun of judging performances from lossy online clips?!
no no, seriously: Keith's set at Austin is worth the whole price of admission -
and i'm turning up Stupid Girl way loud.

Date: February 27, 2008 19:42

Har har...I'm gonna get Bang someday.

Seems like with the success - I'm guessing it's been successful with Best Buy - they might do any updated Let's Spend The Night Together DVD release.

What bums me out about the Bridges DVD is that they simply left songs off it. And no extras at all.

I'm guessing the Voodoo DVD is the same (does anyone have it and did they fix Keith's screwup during his solo for Sympathy?), just what the show was, no extras.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 2, 2008 12:39

skipstone
Aside from Mick's tiny yelping vocal performance on JJF (Loving Cup is bothersome and Tears - what is he DOING? He's singing from his fu*cking NOSE!)...

I thought I was the only one but I think he can sing these songs much better. It's been ten years but the club gig in Toronto 1997 when he sang Last time he sounded great. I think he's singing like this on purpose. "hurrrrycaaaaineayuo". And JJF is boring. Same riff, same little notes from Ron, same macho singing. This is the backside of all the touring and the elderly statsmen status.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home