Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sammy Hagar does Midnight Rambler
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:45

I had myself quite a Rock & Roll night last night. I went to see Bryan Adams in Lake Tahoe. Good show,nice room. But the real fun came after the show. Earlier in the day I got a hot tip (from a hot bartender) that Sammy Hagar was going to play in the bar at the restaurant he owns, Cabo Wabo. This was not advertised or publicized at all. But evidently Sammy does this every once in a while. So after the Bryan Adams show,I quickly headed over to the Cabo Wabo. Planted myself firmly in front of the stage. Word slowly leaked out and the place filled up. So finally Hagar comes out with Bryan Adams onto this tiny little stage inside the bar. They start jamming,doing Rock Me Baby,I'm Going Down(the old Jeff Beck song) and Whole Lotta Love. I was literally right in front of Sammy. I actually gave him a fist bump during WLL. Then Adams leaves and Sammy does a few more numbers. Mas Tequilla,Rock Candy and a raucus,drunken perfect barroom version of Honkey Tonk Woman. Great stuff. Sammy drinking from a bottle of Cabo right on stage and clearly having a blast.smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-21 19:56 by sweetcharmedlife.

Re: O.T. Sammy Hagar & Bryan Adams
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:48

Funky! Congrats!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 18, 2008 02:33

Sammy seems to be the only guy associated (maybe Mike too) that isn't nuts.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 18, 2008 02:48

James Kirk
Sammy seems to be the only guy associated (maybe Mike too) that isn't nuts.

I saw Eddie absolutely BLOW the roof off MSG in November.
We should all be so "nuts".

Btw, all shows sold out and they added a leg AND are supposedly more
than 1/2 way through a new record.

Where are all the naysayers, now?
Cue "crickets"

PS They play MSG again on St Pattys day completely sold out.......

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:14

.....I love the fist bumps....way to go charmer.....I'm guessing he played, "I Can't Drive 55?"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:20

Cool story, charmed.

I saw him (Hagar) when he was in Montrose opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd (the real ones), 1976.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 18, 2008 03:23

I don't think so Lukester. The whole thing was real informal. Think barband,just a rally good barband. He may have done another set after I left. But it was at that point when I said NO Mas Tequilla.LOL.... But yeah big fun.

Re: Sammy Hagar does Honkey Tonk Women
Date: February 19, 2008 06:20

View Archived Articles

Fans SURPRISED in TAHOE!

Cantina Tour……

Sammy was spotted Saturday night at the Cabo Wabo in Lake Tahoe with an impromptu jam session with the Tahoe house band “Nothing Personal” and special guest Brian Adams.

Sammy was hanging in the Red Rocker room with friends and family when Brian stopped in…a few waboritas later the two decided to delight the fans that happened to be in the club.

Brian (with harmonica in hand) and Sammy (with guitar) ripped through a set that included:

Rock N Roll Blues

Going Down

Whole Lotta Love

Honky Tonk Women

Mas Tequila

Roadhouse Blues

Rock Candy (with son Aaron on Vocals)

After leaving the stage, Nothing Personal started running through a few tunes….. Brian suggested that his guitar player join in on the fun….and another waborita later the three returned to the stage for another 45 minutes…….

Sammy had such a great time, he vowed to head to Cabo and get on stage this week……check in for Tahoe photos in the next few days, also tune into Cabo Wabo Radio for a special live Sammy performance this week…….

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 20, 2008 06:25

Yes there were lots of Honkey Tonk Women there. Espicially the one standing right in front of me. Talk about hard sweet & sticky.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 19:15 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: February 20, 2008 09:24

I'm sure he does. What does his wife say?

Date: February 21, 2008 07:10

I'm too tired/drunk/stupid,take your pick, to figure it out. But there is a pretty cool version of Sammy and Bryan Adams doing Midnight Rambler from later on that evening. Unfortunately after I had left.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home