Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A Bigger Bang
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 14, 2008 19:25

I like the album (especialy Streets of Love) and don't mind how many tracks are on it. If some tracks were left off everyone would be asking "when are the Stones going to release all the unreased tracks" so I think we should be glad that the're puting out all these tracks no knocking them for it!

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: February 14, 2008 20:11

Ruby Friday
Of'course I'm still listning to ABB, and my favoritt track is "Biggest Mistake", if it was up to me, they could filled an album with tracks like that!
They should have included "Biggest Mistake" in the set list, it would have been a big hit.

I agree! It was their biggest mistake not to play Biggest Mistake live (LOL)!
The live version of Back Of My Hand has more drive..

A Bigger Bang is great Stones album in my opinion.
Play it just as often as Steel Wheels (a lot when playing Stones records).

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 14, 2008 20:17

Listen to it a lot. Rough Justice, Biggest Mistake, Laugh, It won't take Long, This Place is Empty. All great tracks!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: February 14, 2008 23:37

i like a bigger bang, although i dont listen to it that much, probably due to the amount of competition it has.

in my opinion if it were up to me the album would consist of 10 songs only.

rough justice
streets of love
rainfall down
back of my hand
biggest mistake

oh no not you again
infamy
this place is empty
laugh i nearly died
it wont take long

its better than anything they done in the 90,s and half of the 80,s

nowhere near as good as tattoo you.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 14, 2008 23:40

Still waitin for the rootsy roots album with blues & reggae and distilled rock 'n roll.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: February 15, 2008 02:06

Really like it still. My fav 2 tracks Let me Down Slow & Laugh Nearly Died) Really like Rough Justice, Biggest Mistake, This Place Is empty, Oh No Not you again, Under The radar, It Won't Ake Long & BAck OF My Hand. These are the top for me.

Average (Dangerous Beauty, Infamy, Rain Fall Down)

Weaker Streets Of Love (Did love it Live however!) & Driving Too fast ok filler

Don't care for: Look What Cat Dragged In, We Don't Wanna Go Home & She Saw Me Coming. Actually these 3 are only skips frequently but not all the time skips. These 3 just sound like generic hair band sing along chorus type songs.

Maybe its just me Lots to seem to like Saw me Coming???? MEZ

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 15, 2008 02:08

it's funny how people are inspired to suggest different tracklists for this album. Did you all do it for VL and B2B, too, or just for ABB? I can't tell if it's a tick of the CD age or the I-pod era.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 15, 2008 11:26

Also like the grooviness and raw production of She saw Me Coming, although the song in it self ain't that good. But the interplay between Charlie and the guitars.... Very exciting!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-15 11:27 by audun-eg.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2008 18:00

I would put in between the CD and iPod age - the computer age. With programs like Cakewalk allowing one the ability to edit, cross fade and fade in/out tracks, to make your own version of an album, say Sticky Fingers with the leftover tracks that went to Exile off of Exile and on to SF, the choices are mostly limitless.

Copy A Bigger Bang, leave off the tracks one doesn't like, burn a new one and KABOOM (ha ha, no pun intended), you have a better version of the album.

I'm looking forward to making my own Best Of The Live Albums comp, fading in things, etc...all the real killer tracks from the 5 live albums plus some of the EP non-LP B-sides from Flashpoint, Stripped...etc....a nice double album...and maybe - MAYBE - one of the warhorses all on one disc...but I doubt it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 15, 2008 18:33

Just listened to it the other day for the first time in a few months, and I still really dig it. It's a superb album. Loved Let Me Down Slow from the beginning. But now, my favorite is Driving Too Fast. The guitars on that are awesome. It coulda been a rockin hit single. I don't think there is a single filler on the album, but it's still no Voodoo Lounge.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home