Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at MSG
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 14, 2008 07:49

I just bought a plane ticket but don't have tickets yet. Anyone else going?

Re: OT: Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at MSG
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 14, 2008 07:54

When is it?

Date: February 14, 2008 08:10

february 25,26, and 28

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:34

...... should be some real good music,, i'd like to attend that one....

Date: February 14, 2008 08:37

Excellent!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:46

When's the DVD coming out..... NYC's too cold and too expensive.....They playin' South Beach??

Date: February 14, 2008 08:49

It's gets even colder and expensiver when you live here.

Date: February 14, 2008 08:49

I had hoped Cream would tour after their MSG shows and they didn't so I don't want to miss these guys either.

Date: February 14, 2008 08:53

schillid, Queenie, how about visiting my Valentine Thread?? BTW, Queenie, when the DVD comes out you'll "catch them" I saw Clapton a zillion times and Stevie in Traffic so the DVD is fine for moi.....

Date: February 14, 2008 08:58

In the morning
I've got to sleep
now

Date: February 14, 2008 09:57

HelterSkelter
schillid, Queenie, how about visiting my Valentine Thread?? BTW, Queenie, when the DVD comes out you'll "catch them" I saw Clapton a zillion times and Stevie in Traffic so the DVD is fine for moi.....

yeah, but you don't see the stones anymore either! i love the live show experience. i don't really have to be up close for these guys though, just not up in the nosebleeds.

i've got nothing to report on valentine's though - i only bought cards, no gifts, yet.

Date: February 14, 2008 11:38

That's true about the Stones BUT if they did another Arena tour like '99's NO SECURITY and the ticket prices were alright (I think mine were $60.00 or $90.00 each - 2 tickets x 2 shows) AND you could get decent seats by phone or internet I would go again. I just can't stand the hassles surrounding these things, I was NEVER very good at crowds, security guards barking orders, lines, and all that "organization" that developed in the late '70's (and just got much worse). When I used to go to Movie's a lot (before the big screen home theater set up) I would go on Tuesdays at 9 or 10 pm, sometimes we'd be the only one's in the theater... TOTAL BLISS (except for comedies) Call me the Howard Hughes of the 2000's - except for the Million's (Billion's?) and super long finger nails I pretty much relate...

Date: February 14, 2008 12:17

HelterSkelter
That's true about the Stones BUT if they did another Arena tour like '99's NO SECURITY and the ticket prices were alright (I think mine were $60.00 or $90.00 each - 2 tickets x 2 shows)

i paid $250 at least twice to be up close on the side in sacramento, and $160 for the side of stage seats...to me that tour was the start of big prices

the good seats for clapton/winwood are $250 but i'm planning to get in for a fraction of the price (i doubt i'll be close).

i tried to buy 12th row tix during the presale but i timed out on ticketmaster.com

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: February 14, 2008 13:52

This should be a great show but I won't be attending either. Wont spend that kind of dough on tix. Like Helterskelter, Ive seen my share of shows back in the day when prices were more affordable and hassles were far fewer.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 14, 2008 15:13

I'll be at the show on the 25th. Not sure how but I scored 6th row center on TM.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 14, 2008 15:16

The 25th show...you should be able to pick up a ticket outside for $50...maybe less?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 14, 2008 16:54

Word to the wise: If you're thinking "I'll see them when they tour", forget it. Winwood has already signed on to open for Tom Petty this year. See them at MSG or not at all.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: February 14, 2008 17:17

I'll be there on the 25th as well...Only other time I saw Clapton was when he sat in with the Stones at MSG in 1975.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: February 14, 2008 18:40

rumor i heard yesterday is that townsend is supposed to show up as well...that rumor came from livenation connection...we'll see...i have tickets [not great ones} for the 28th...should be good

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 14, 2008 19:04

I will be going to the shows on the 25th and 26th.

Date: February 14, 2008 21:20

Bingo
The 25th show...you should be able to pick up a ticket outside for $50...maybe less?

this is what i'm counting on...

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 14, 2008 21:45

I am in NY that week on holiday and was planning to go to one of the shows, but could not get a decent ticket on TM, either proximity to stage or cost wise. There is damn all else on that week in NY (other than George Clinton, who is probably more cabaret now), so I am a bit disappointed.

SD

Date: February 14, 2008 22:14

SonicDreamer
I am in NY that week on holiday and was planning to go to one of the shows, but could not get a decent ticket on TM, either proximity to stage or cost wise. There is damn all else on that week in NY (other than George Clinton, who is probably more cabaret now), so I am a bit disappointed.

SD

just wait until the day of the show. you should have a pick on ebay or outside the venue.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: February 15, 2008 02:57

David Neal
rumor i heard yesterday is that townsend is supposed to show up as well...that rumor came from livenation connection...we'll see...i have tickets [not great ones} for the 28th...should be good
right after the first of the year, pete townsHend posted on the the who's web site that it is rumoured that he'll be playing a "major concert in nyc before march." the so-called rumor was taken off the site a couple of days later. imagine that, starting a rumour about yourself. since he played with clapton on new years eve, maybe it was discussed then. who knows.

who collage by teafoe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-15 03:32 by 3DTeafoe.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 15, 2008 03:49

Queenie,

I totally envy you for all that jet-setting you are able to do. You have the life. Now will you check out some delicious Italian food in NY and check out Ruth Chris steakhouse for the heavy protein. Have fun.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:15

The best Italian food in NYC...IMO...is in Chinatown..Forlini's,on Baxter st...just west of Mott and Mulberry streets.

[www.cityguideny.com]

[newyork.citysearch.com]

My other favourite Italian restaurant is in The Bronx...Roberto's (near Arthur ave..the Little Italy of The Bronx)

[www.usmenuguide.com]

..and while you're in the neighborhood [www.arthuravenue.com]

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:30

little queenie
SonicDreamer

SD

just wait until the day of the show. you should have a pick on ebay or outside the venue.

Or line up outside the MSG box office the day of the show about 12:00 noon.

I always get tickets that way at MSG.

Date: February 15, 2008 05:55

deadegad
Or line up outside the MSG box office the day of the show about 12:00 noon.

I always get tickets that way at MSG.

face value of course (i want cheaper) but what type of tix will you get? those that haven't yet been released?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:07

David N. I'll will be there for the 28th too.
LQ, I finally broke down and decided I had to go after seeing part of
their set at the Crossroads gig in your town. Write me anytime.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2008 07:49

The Sicilian
Queenie,

I totally envy you for all that jet-setting you are able to do. You have the life. Now will you check out some delicious Italian food in NY and check out Ruth Chris steakhouse for the heavy protein. Have fun.

No, u wont find queenie at the steakhouse. She is a vegetarian (it all fits, she's into the Dead, went to Berkeley, etc.) justkiddin, but true

p

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home