Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wayne Perkins & Keith
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 17, 2008 07:28

In Jump Back Keith says 5 years, which puts it at Black And Blue. And Goldmine did a cover story on BAB and talked about it. I need to find that. I'll have to have a listen again but as I recall there is no china crash on SMU. For some reason there is a cowbell on it. Perhaps they did other versions of it later on but Keith did say something about one of the earlier versions from the midst of the reggae. And the reggae fits with the BAB sessions based on all that I've read.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 17, 2008 14:39

skipstone
In Jump Back Keith says 5 years, which puts it at Black And Blue. And Goldmine did a cover story on BAB and talked about it. I need to find that. I'll have to have a listen again but as I recall there is no china crash on SMU. For some reason there is a cowbell on it. Perhaps they did other versions of it later on but Keith did say something about one of the earlier versions from the midst of the reggae. And the reggae fits with the BAB sessions based on all that I've read.

Sorry, both Keith and Goldmine are wrong.

Mathijs

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: February 17, 2008 15:02

RiffKichards
I think anyone is responsible for its life... it is so much easy to put the blame on others. You can be dragged by others, but you haven chosen to be dragged.

I know it is sometimes hard to accept, but it is the way to escape from drug addiction and so many danger you can face in your life. Wathever is your past, you have to face it and to be responsible (which doesn't mean you should blame yourself.. ).

I would say : Amen !! (I am talking like a preacher... it's funny and it shows I am getting old...).

What a drag it is getting old.. (Mother's little helper, Aftermath).
^

I agree to that.

Sure, Wayne Perkins is a great player and it looks like he really got the job before Ronnie, but it's more than likely that he himself is responsible that in the end the Stones decided on Ronnie, too.

Date: February 17, 2008 18:26

Ha ha ha ha ha. Keith and Goldmine are wrong? Ha ha ha ha! You're funny!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 17, 2008 18:43

skipstone
Ha ha ha ha ha. Keith and Goldmine are wrong? Ha ha ha ha! You're funny!

Yep. For obvious reasons Keith isn't all that reliable when it comes to memorizing the 70's, and Goldmine is a mag made by fans and enthousiasts who can be wrong, just as we hard core fans can be wrong. But, Keith was close with his 5 year estimation, it was in fact 4 years:

[www.timeisonourside.com]

But the statement that Never Stop is from '75 can't be right for the reasons I have stated previously, and there's more proof: there's about 10 versions of SMU from early '78 available on bootlegs and tape trading circles. The oldest versions do not have lyrics, while the later, more defined versions have the "Never Stop" lyrics. It would be very, very strange if a version from '75 would already have the later "Never Stop" line.

Mathijs

Date: February 17, 2008 19:25

What is that tune, that rompy thing called Munich Hilton - there is a boot with lyrics? That tune and Misty Roads are in the same camp - both excellent licks, grooves, riffs, etc...it's too bad they didn't finish them.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:26

I agree Never Stop sounds like one of the Jan-Feb 78 Pathe Marconi outtakes. What I said and tend to believe is that the riff lasting a few seconds originated from the Mar-Apr 75 Munich sessions.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home