Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: New new IORR!!!
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 13, 2008 00:51

Nice job, open-g. Now hold the fort for me for a while, I've got to go pick up my boy. Have a good night you's guys.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:00

The only different that I nticed is that the "mark all post to be read" works again ........and that's GOOD.
But when quoting to a post it jumps to the top of a page.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:08

CindyC
YIPPPEEEE!!!! it felt like coming home!

And another "yippeeeeeeee" here too ! Hope the original layout is here to stay, by far prefer it. Easier on the eye, font size not really an issue, thanks for switching back to it BV.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:13

Hi Nicos smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:38

It was all a dream... it was all a dream. I could go home all along, just had to click my heels together 3 times. Thanks to the benevolent man behind the curtain!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 13, 2008 01:41

Ah - relief! Thanks for changing back, bv.

Date: February 13, 2008 01:46

That's how IORR looks in aug 1999

[web.archive.org]

And here you can find the complete history of IORR and all other sites.... also nice to see how your company sites changed

[web.archive.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-13 02:59 by NICOS.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:00

I've heard of social experiments where they change everything just to see how people react. I wonder ... It was kind of like that old Hitchcock movie LIFEBOAT around here for a while

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:17

Yay... That was frightening.

Reminds me of the Burger King ads for the Whopper...
when the announcer says "we stopped serving the Whopper for one day at this location, Here's how people reacted..."

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:21

Thanks for changing it back. (And thanks for always keeping this great site up and running!)

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:22

thanks NICOS for the archive page! no tell me, it appears...and stonesbazaar.com is no longer selling merchandise.

funny how someone on ticket trade was adamant that the stones wouldn't play any club show in london in '99...

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:37

i think it's better this "vintage" style winking smiley

Date: February 13, 2008 03:26

open-g
Hi Nicos smileys with beer

Let's drink to the hard working people open-G

smileys with beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 13, 2008 03:32

Bingo
Don't eat the green iorr's smoking smiley

Maybe bv was just trying to be environmentally friendly with the green format....Maybe he can bring it back on St.Patricks Day.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 13, 2008 03:47

Now you know how some of feel about Obama. Let this be a lesson for all who think "change" is always the best thing.

The old saying:

"Having is not a good a thing as wanting, it is not logical but often true."

Mr. Spock

Date: February 13, 2008 04:34

February 12, 2008

NORWAY (Rutters) - INFAMY!

Today in Norway, one hit (to the keyboard) caused shockwaves around and around the world, leaving some shattered, others with mixed emotions.

It may only be rock and roll, but when the mysterious legend known as BV said "I'm moving on" and put a new face on the beloved Tell Me forum, many feared it was his biggest mistake.

Denizens of the cyber-party, reelin' and rockin' in shock, feared their cozy home away from home was slipping away, that they were finally outta space.

Although no one knows more than the board rats that you can't always get what you want, the shock was palpable. The new fonts were bold and, any way you look at it, a striking change. Pleas for a return to the cozy forum, to give it one more try, echoed through cyberspace. We had it all, they sobbed! It's all over now, we'll miss you! So sad. Sad. Sad...

Even though a small number of dissenters, who traditionally oppose either war and/or horses, had no expectations and said they could take it or leave it, others could not be satisfied and found themselves sitting on a fence, between a rock and a hard place. Worst were reports that some were out of control and were slipping away from the forum.

Not knowing how they'd get their rocks off, board rats proved they ain't too proud to beg. "Come on" they grovelled, "do you have a heart of stone? I got the blues - and they're green!"

Showing some sympathy for the devils, order and fonts were duly restored, showing the board rats that they were fools to cry. The party atmosphere was restored and celebrations ensued with champagne and reefer.

This is the last time I'm gonna do this.

Filed by Turner.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 13, 2008 04:36

Bravo!

Date: February 13, 2008 04:37

good one, STG!

Date: February 13, 2008 04:38

Ah... glad you're back B'Boy!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 13, 2008 04:50

I just turned 58 last week so I guess I'm looking at it from that perspective, but I saw nothing wrong with the old/this style & it's the old adage which has already been mentioned, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 13, 2008 05:19

SomeTorontoGirl
February 12, 2008

NORWAY (Rutters) - INFAMY!

Today in Norway, one hit (to the keyboard) caused shockwaves around and around the world, leaving some shattered, others with mixed emotions.

It may only be rock and roll, but when the mysterious legend known as BV said "I'm moving on" and put a new face on the beloved Tell Me forum, many feared it was his biggest mistake.

Denizens of the cyber-party, reelin' and rockin' in shock, feared their cozy home away from home was slipping away, that they were finally outta space.

Although no one knows more than the board rats that you can't always get what you want, the shock was palpable. The new fonts were bold and, any way you look at it, a striking change. Pleas for a return to the cozy forum, to give it one more try, echoed through cyberspace. We had it all, they sobbed! It's all over now, we'll miss you! So sad. Sad. Sad...

Even though a small number of dissenters, who traditionally oppose either war and/or horses, had no expectations and said they could take it or leave it, others could not be satisfied and found themselves sitting on a fence, between a rock and a hard place. Worst were reports that some were out of control and were slipping away from the forum.

Not knowing how they'd get their rocks off, board rats proved they ain't too proud to beg. "Come on" they grovelled, "do you have a heart of stone? I got the blues - and they're green!"

Showing some sympathy for the devils, order and fonts were duly restored, showing the board rats that they were fools to cry. The party atmosphere was restored and celebrations ensued with champagne and reefer.

This is the last time I'm gonna do this.

Filed by Turner.

High schticking indeed STG. Very clever....Now from one board rat to the other....Where's my cheese?>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 13, 2008 05:31

Tch! Nemesis! I thought I provided beaucoup de fromage above... cool smiley

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: February 13, 2008 05:55

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

Date: February 13, 2008 06:49

The Sicilian
Now you know how some of feel about Obama. Let this be a lesson for all who think "change" is always the best thing.

The old saying:

"Having is not a good a thing as wanting, it is not logical but often true."

Mr. Spock

i don't think you can quite compare the IORR format with the world's problems...

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:09

Bingo
Now if only the Stones could switch back that easily to the "Taylor" look.

**Smiles at Adi Taylor....I mean Tyler**

Good one, Bingo :-P

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:57

Phew, IORR life is good once again!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 13, 2008 08:15

Damn! Okay, make funna me. I missed the whole thing.

Actually it looks slightly bigger which I like. I may well be imagining that.
I have a brain freeze from the weather.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: February 13, 2008 08:25

Alright, this is much better! Change is overrated.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 13, 2008 09:00

StonesBlake
Change is overrated.

I donĀ“t think so!

cool smiley

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: February 13, 2008 09:05

Thanks, BV !

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next