Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What was the last mono releases by the Stones?
Posted by: stein ()
Date: February 11, 2008 21:47

I am sure that some of you out there knows, what the last mono releases was, LP and Singels. From my LP collection it is "Let it bleed"

Re: What was the last mono releases by the Stones?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2008 21:59

Do the B-sides count? What about some of those B-sides from the mid 1970s that ABKCO was putting out? Although I think what you mean is what is the latest from the Stones themselves, not some record company.

I guess....well, actually, from the Voodoo sessions those full mixes of The Storm are in mono...!!!

Posted by: stein ()
Date: February 11, 2008 22:09

I Think first of all about original studio recordings from the Stones themselves.
Lp and singels all tracks in mono.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2008 22:20

The last thing I can remember, LP or single, being in mono is...She's A Rainbow. Not certain.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 11, 2008 22:25

Albums.... Sticky Fingers, promotional copy

Singles... where's mr Stone-relics ?

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 11, 2008 22:57

Sticky Fingers is the last known Mono album. Well, it is known to exist in promo version and maybe only a hand full or so.

The last one sold in the shops is Let It Bleed which can be found in both non boxed and boxed Decca versions.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 11, 2008 23:48

Brown Sugar (with extra added "I like it!" )/ Bitch/Let It Rock (RS 19100) was the last mono single in the U.K. Tumbling Dice (RS 19103) was the first stereo single here and was the first stereo record I ever heard - through headphones!
Hook, Line and Sinker!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 11, 2008 23:54

The original 7"mono of Street Fighting Man ...
found on the Singles Collection - The London Years is a must ta hear...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: February 12, 2008 00:05

latest boots
this is funny,
not da Decca lable but
da Mecca lable

Bleed
[onfinite.com]

Majesties
[onfinite.com]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 12, 2008 00:11

There are several mono releases on US-7"-promo singles (backed by a
stereo version); i.e. Going To A GoGo (1982)

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:01

I have a mono 45 of Tumbling Dice. And the stereo versions cant touch it as far as being a "hot" mix.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:51

Some songs on Exile, like Shake your hips and All down the line, are (almost completely) mixed in mono.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 12, 2008 20:33

The Last release of stock mono Lps was Let It Bleed in the UK and Their Satanic Majesties Request in the US. Last Promo LP was a very rare, as noted above, in Mono was Sticky Fingers. There would probably more Mono promos, but the only US Stones White Label promos were for the 1st Lp, Englands GREATEST Hitmakers, a London Compilation LP with Surprise Surprise by the Stones as their only input, Mono Sticky Fingers and Mono Jammin; With Edward. 7' records remained in mono until the early 70s, when FM stereo took over as the mainstay of radio. All the London singles were in MONO, but rare promos exist in Stereo for JJFLASH/ Moon; Street Fighting Man/No Expectations; and Honky Tonk/YCAGWYW. Brown Sugar and the advent of Rolling Stones records, were issued in Stock Copies in Mono, as were the rest of the singles from Sticky Fingers. The UK ep with Brown Sugar Bitch and Let it Rock is also in Mono (Note***the ONLY commercially availble stereo version of Let it Rock can ONLY be found on the Spanish Version of Sticky Fingers, all others, in Mono). Common promos are Mono/Stereo A sides, but a rare Stereo Brown Sugar Bitch promo is out there, but extremely difficult to find. The original stock copies of Tumbling Dice, were released in Mono, with Sweet Black Angel, the flip side in stereo. The 70s promo singles in the US were generally issued with one side mono, and one side Stereo, both tracks the same This trend continued well into the 80s.

Hope this helps.

JR

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 12, 2008 20:59

My very first single was Brown Sugar/Bitch brought back from Brazil by my mate Charlie. It played at 33, jumped all over the place, had the same catalogue number as the regular UK release and was in stereo. Sadly it's long lost now, I seem to recall it got snapped in two!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 12, 2008 23:37

Actually, second editions of the UK Brown Sugar/Bitch/Let It Rock, did play the first two in Stereo, but Let it Rock was always in Mono. Good info, I shall try and track down the Brazillian edition.

Thanks!!!!

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home