Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will the Faces Tour?
Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: February 6, 2008 21:12

I've been hearing rumblings about that,also do you think Mick an Keith really deep down inside want to see that happen?I'm sure Rod would love to have Ronnie back.

Coming Down Again

Re: Will the Faces Tour?
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: February 7, 2008 00:28

I am not sure Ronnie would be much use on the Greatest Madrigals of the 16th Century Songbook or whatever other horseshit Rod has planned for the future.

smoking smiley

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: February 7, 2008 00:35

I would love to see Mac make some serious cash. He deserves it. Not a nicer guy in RnR.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 7, 2008 02:13

cbtaco19
I am not sure Ronnie would be much use on the Greatest Madrigals of the 16th Century Songbook or whatever other horseshit Rod has planned for the future.

smoking smiley

good one!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 7, 2008 10:18

I'm sure Ronnie would give those madrigals a good work out on Open D acoustic ;^)

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: February 7, 2008 17:55

Rod: Let's run through that melancholy madrigal Sting taught me.

Ronnie: Can you hand me my lute?

Mac: Hey! Don't drink all the mead you tossers!drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-07 17:56 by cbtaco19.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: February 7, 2008 19:47

With the way Ronnie's playing these days, the Faces would put on a really
good show, I think. And Rod has alot of Faces tunes to work with. let's see it!

MLC

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: February 7, 2008 20:09

no, it is not going to happen.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 7, 2008 20:13

Ah...in the same lines as Keith mentioning a possible Winos LP/tour I recall Ronnie hinting at getting Rod back to Rock'N'Roll for one last time.

Has Rod isolated his fans by doing the schmaltz he's been doing?

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: February 7, 2008 21:31

I think it would be good for Woody too,of course Rod needs Woodie,but Woody really don't need Rod.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: February 7, 2008 21:41

The thing is, taht Rod always imitate cash money things, and if he will see that the reunion hipe, which is going around, will bring him such a tremendous income, I'm sure he'll try to get the faces together again for a tour.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 7, 2008 21:53

A tour with The Faces.... Bill Wyman on bass...
Could be interesting, but it's not going to happen.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 6, 2008 05:49

Rod's touring the States (solo) in August. No Faces reunion this year, or any other year, most likely.

Posted by: jimpietryga ()
Date: March 6, 2008 06:15

Bryan Adams touring with Rod this time. First time I can remember he had someone opening.

Woody with Rod at The Hollywood Bowl...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 6, 2008 13:13

He had Air Supply opening in 1977. Why not Wolfie Van Halen on bass?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 6, 2008 14:18

could it happen? would Rod do it? Who'll play bass?
hope so...probably not...Daryl!

What a great reunion it would be, for smaller venues. Imagine the reaction from Rod's recent 'fans' to him getting back together with his old band.

Date: March 6, 2008 14:40

Bring Tetsu in!

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: March 6, 2008 15:52

we should be so lucky...

Date: March 6, 2008 18:25

Elmo Lewis
He had Air Supply opening in 1977. Why not Wolfie Van Halen on bass?

Just kidding about Wolfie! grinning smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 6, 2008 18:29

Ronnie could do a bitchin' slide solo on "Embraceable You" from Rod's latest Great American Songbook shlock-a-rama.

Like Zep, the Faces is a reunion tour that really shouldn't see the light of day.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 7, 2008 21:49

The sad thing to me is that Rod's recent "rock" album was as bad as his smaltz records. No gas left in the tank.

Date: March 7, 2008 21:58

Still an excellent live performer.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: March 8, 2008 13:01

I've only see Rod twice, Olympia around 74/75 anf last year Twickemham, he had support on both occasions, as for the great songbook debacle, i reckon thats out of his systerm now. will they tour , no idea. Bill on bass ? does it really matter ?

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: March 8, 2008 17:25

Elmo Lewis
Still an excellent live performer.

I last saw him at Phillips arena in ATL in 2001, man put on a great rock show, covered a 30-year career well, they about had to carry him off the stage at the end -- no "stay with me" encore!

Would love a faces tour.

Posted by: rodisgod ()
Date: March 27, 2008 16:07

i have lots of rod and faces stuff. if intrested email me stewarthooper286@hotmail.com

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 17:27

Mac may be to busy to participate with the Faces. Although I bet he find the time!

EXCLUSIVE - JOHN WAITE'S NEW BAND PROJECT:
We'll start today's update off with some exclusive information that will clarify a rumor going around right now. In recent weeks there has been reports of singer John Waite talking about a new band project he has lined up for 2008 and hopeful fans being what they are - whispers about The Babys possibly reforming started up.
Unfortunately, there are no plans for The Babys to reform.
But John Waite has put a band project together. My source has delivered to me the proposed line-up, which I'll pass on right here:
Vocals - John Waite; Guitars - Audley Freed (ex-Cry Of Love, now touring with Peter Frampton); Drums - Simon Kirke (Bad Company); Bass - Tim Hogan (JW Touring Band); Organ - Ian Maclaglan (Ronnie Wood).
I'm told that the band has plans to write and record original material. There is no name for the project, but don't be surprised to see it reflect two past group names that the guys were involved with (ie. Bad English and Bad Company).
Stay tuned for more...sounds interesting!
From MELODICROCK.COM

Re: Will the Faces Tour? (Woody Yes, Faces No)
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 28, 2008 20:28

Seems unlikely- this From The BBC today-

Wood, who is promoting the forthcoming Stones documentary Shine A Light, said he was hoping to go into the studio with a host of stars before heading out on a live tour over the next year.

"I've got a few things up my sleeve. I'm hoping to put my next studio album out once we get a break from promoting this documentary," he explained.

"I'm planning on bringing in The Charlatans, Kelly Jones from The Stereophonics and Paulo (Nutini) and I'm going to get my old drummer Andy Newmark back together again.

"We're going to go in the studio and then take it live once the record comes out."

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: March 28, 2008 20:31

i've seen Rod only twice, mid 70s at the Olympia and last year at Twickenham. he had a support band both times.

Mrs Phleghm dragged me to the T'Ham gig. it pissed down and the journey home was a nightmare but Rod delivered, a crackin gig.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 28, 2008 22:14

I've seen Rod many times over the years. The first time, in 1975 with the final Faces lineup (Tetsu on bass and Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar), was a drunken, sloppy, classic Faces performance and one of the best concerts I have ever seen. The most recent time was right before he started his American Songbook phase, and although most of the passion was gone, he still delivered on his best ballads, like Reason to Believe, etc. But, the most recent "rock" album was such a soulless affair that I can't bring myself to see him again. That said, I would jump at a Faces reunion.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 28, 2008 22:36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home