Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let's Spend The Night Together"-the Book by Pamela Des Barres
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 1, 2008 23:20

I'm reading this book by the most notorious groupie ever and it is interesting, and yes, the Stones are mentioned quite a few times. I am wondering however, WHY any big rock stars would ever bother with a GROUPIE! They can have models and movie stars, why go with a groupie who has notches on her pantyhose!?? Gentlemen, answer me, WHY would a Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler, and even Mick go for something that has the potential of passing along some NASTY disease!? I'm sure onecould get a nasty infection from a model too, BUT the odds are in favor of contracting the clap from a chick who's occupation is messing with multiple men!! Even so, the book is a fun read, even Gram Parsons is in there! Very few big rockers AREN'T in this book. Have any of you read it, and if so, did you get a kick out of it?

Re: Let's Spend The Night Together"-the Book by Pamela Des Barres
Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: February 1, 2008 23:22

There is a difference between beautiful girls and INTERESTING girls...that's it

Date: February 1, 2008 23:27

So, the interesting thing about a groupie is that it's a given that she'll put out immediately?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 2, 2008 00:01

I have read "I'm with the band" by Pamela - not sure if this is the same book. Two points - firstly, judging from the photos, she was an unusually beautiful groupie; secondly, she comes across as unusually 'unworldly', even flakey, but also quite unmaterialist. For the Mick Jaggers of the world it must have been quite refreshing to sleep with a beautiful girl was quite happy to be 'paid' with some of his cast off clothing rather than launching a palimoney suit!

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: February 2, 2008 01:36

because it `s easier...

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: February 2, 2008 01:41

Kiss and tell. Money talks.

Date: February 2, 2008 03:55

" I'm With The Band" was her first book, this one is chapter after chapter on various groupies that DesBarres interviewed. Most of these ladies are actually friends of hers, big surprise. The best chapter is the one dedicated to the groupie who made plaster casters of rock stars' private parts, the whole package in some cases! Very funny indeed!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 2, 2008 04:18

"better get more plaster"!!!!!!!

Date: February 2, 2008 17:17

I guess she needed a lot of EXTRA for Jimi Hendrix!!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 2, 2008 17:28

I just read this book , I suppose part of the allure is that so and so had her so I gotta go one better . Seems as if they passed around girlfriends too. Mick got Jerry from Brian Ferry . Keith took Anita from Brian . Eric Clapton lusted after Patty Boyd for years until she finally left George Harrison for him . I'm sure the list is endless .

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2008 17:50

Hmmmm - I guess a groupie could also get some nasty disease from rockers who make it a hobby to mess with multiple women.....

Date: February 2, 2008 17:59

That's true, BEAST because all of this went down in the 70's and 80's and that was BEFORE the AIDS scare; when AIDS was not a worry, not too many sexually active individuals used condoms!! No wonder there were so many illegitimate rocker babies like Liv Tyler etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home