Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What did/do your parents think of the Rolling Stones?
Posted by: johang ()
Date: February 1, 2008 05:45

My Dad always laughed at the Stones. He could play any Stones tune on Piano after 1 listen since he was into Jazz and knew music. In his mind Stones was a joke.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 1, 2008 08:35

My dad always said the following about both Jagger and John Fogerty,"Why are these guys trying to sound like they're black?"

More recently, when they played the Super Bowl he said he was glad they did Satisfaction because he recognized the song, and he was also impressed with Mick's energy. This Sunday I'll get his opinion of Tom Petty. He loves what Rod Stewart has become. Well, what do you expect from an almost 78 year old?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-01 08:36 by BluzDude.

Date: February 1, 2008 09:36

They made me a fan hot smiley by playing Tattoo You over and over again, while I was in a heavy Beatles-period. I can't thank them enough!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 1, 2008 14:32

After putting up with me and my obsession all these years, I decided to show them what it is really all about.

My Mom saw the 40Licks tour and my Dad saw the Bigger Bang tour. I paid for their tickets and they both are converted fans. Mostly because of the live experience. Nothing like it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 1, 2008 15:35

Interesting the range of ages in this discussion.

For some, mom and dad were born in the 40s, 50s, or 60s whilst for others, they were born in the 20s or 30s.

One would think that those born later would be more open to the Stones. I see that's not always the case, but I bet overall, there is some truth to that.

theplexiglass

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 1, 2008 15:35

ryanpow
they don't understand the appeal of them. Its not a generational thing because its their generation. Just a matter of taste I guess.

Maybe it's really NOT their generation. NumberOneStonesFan said his dad was 24 or 25 when the Stones became famous. A lot of people, myself included, have a real problem being fans of anyone younger than themselves. They need their heroes to be a little older than they are. I'm roughly the same age as the guys in U2, so we are of the same generation, but I still consider them to be a band for people younger than myself. It's got nothing to do with their music, which, I guess, is pretty good. They're just too young for me. You don't see too many 65-year-olds at Stones concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-01 15:42 by tatters.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home