Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does anybody know about the camping in London?
Posted by: Vanessa Wood ()
Date: January 23, 2008 15:49

Just can't find a thread.I'm looking for the most-known camping in London,the one with cabins,analog of Rastila in Helsinki,Boise de Bologne in Paris,Wien West in
Vienna,Bogstad in Oslo and so on.
If someone knows any information,please,let me know.
Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-23 15:50 by Vanessa Wood.

Re: Does anybody know about the camping in London?
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 23, 2008 16:09

'Camping' in London = Soho

Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 23, 2008 16:18

some of the local homeless can probably tell you the best doorways and park benches. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 23, 2008 19:24

Anywhere in Brixton, lad.

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: January 23, 2008 22:46

Vanessa Wood
Just can't find a thread.I'm looking for the most-known camping in London,the one with cabins,analog of Rastila in Helsinki,Boise de Bologne in Paris,Wien West in
Vienna,Bogstad in Oslo and so on.
If someone knows any information,please,let me know.
Thank you

Try this site - use the search box to find sites in South East England - hope this is what your looking for?

Dean
[www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk]

Date: January 23, 2008 23:53

we always camp at the royal garden on kensington high street. unfortunately with the weak dollar a jack daniels on the rocks is about 20 bucks currently....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 24, 2008 00:28

Abbey Wood. I have stayed there two times. Nice for family but impossible for tours. I went there with a tent and sleeping bag in 1990 and intended to stay there for all the Wembley shows, but first of all there was a ripper around that summer and secondly all my friends were having beers at pubs in London City and the last bus to Abbey Wood left around 10pm so I took my tent and sleeping back into low budget hotels around Paddington Station and spent 15 pounds per night in company with cockroaches. Never again, but it was a great experience. I had to knock on the door at nights before entering the bathroom so that the numerous cockroaches having partytime there left the scene. I could hear their feet rattling for some seconds before they were gone through the walls and pipes. One morning I woke up at 4am and there was a guy like two inches big with plenty of legs on my pillow. Certainly not a cockroach but something totally diffferent. One of these hotels were called Royal Ascot and I would never go anywhere near it. I did actually upgrade from 15 to 20 pounds hotels and found them to be totally fine.

Bjornulf

Date: January 24, 2008 06:30

Thank you,Bjornulf,
Are there cabins in Abbey Wood?Like,you know,in Bogstad.
I'm not fond of hotels and hostiles,though,it's a matter
of taste,of course.
A cabin seems to me a good solution.Not expensive,comfortable,
a lot of fresh air.And in every city,there
are usually one or two known campingsites.
Stones fans are mostly travelling people,so I've been asking.

Date: January 24, 2008 06:33

Thank you,Dean,
I'll look there.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:44

I always stay at Crystal Palace Campsite. Open all year, clean, good facilities. there is a bus service from the campsite going to town, 24 hrs a day. Takes about 40 minutes to get to Westminster. There is possibility to get on the Tube from Oval station.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:27

bv
"I have stayed there in company with cockroaches"

lol...for 15 quid in london I could imagine you did have "room-mates"..

mind you i do camping and you gotta expect all forms of wildlife to visit you periodicaly in a tent..so it wouldnt have been much different from a low budget hotel..

Personaly i wouldnt entertain camping in London - its strictly hotel or B&B here for me..
Camping deserves cornwall or the seaside or lake\peak district...even festivals like glastonbury or IOW...now that would of been a good camping trip last year..

doughboy

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:30

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: January 27, 2008 00:55

Why don‘t you want to stay with your relatives?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 27, 2008 15:12

I highly recommend using St. Christopher's Village in Borough (121 Borough High Street). I was there last year for the last London gig (Best trip ever and I'd do it all again in half a heartbeat). The only thing you have to stand is young people partying all night and living with 7 other people in a room. I'm going to London again sometime. It's the best place I've ever been too.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home