Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

sheet music
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 15, 2008 11:43

although i learn most of everything i want to play by ear, it would still be interesting to check the real notes. are there good stones songbooks with exact tabs (not like on the internet) and not just chords?
there's a beatles book with all instruments written down. something simular for the stones?

Re: sheet music
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 15, 2008 12:58

As far as I know (and own) there are good tab books of Exile, Some Girls, Tattoo You, Bridges to Babylon. I think I have seen one for Voodoo, but I am not sure.

I also have a tab book for the whole london years singles, which is good for some songs, not so precise for others, but helpful to get an idea.

I have seen on the internet also tab books for let it bleed and beggars.

In bookstores I've seen also various greatest hits tab books, but they are mainly a rehash of the above tab books.

C

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 15, 2008 15:26

Here is one of my collection.
This 72 pages sheet book was published from Promopub B.V. in 1973.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2008 16:28

I have the Exile book, it's really accurate, often with piano and multiple guitar parts. I think I got it on Amazon.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 15, 2008 17:07

thanks for your infos. could have surched on th internet, but i thought its better to hear from someone who tried/bought one of those.
i'll probably check out the exile book.
thanks again!

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: January 15, 2008 19:05

Toru A
Here is one of my collection.
This 72 pages sheet book was published from Promopub B.V. in 1973.

Is it authentic tabs or just chords ?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:22

Is it authentic tabs or just chords ?
I don't know whether it is authentic or not...

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: January 16, 2008 02:45

I have the Hal Leonard Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street Guitar Tab Book. It is pretty accurate, and unlike most Stones songbooks actually shows the chords with open G tuning which is a must for about half this album. There are a lot of old Stones chord books out there which will not help at all if you want to sound at all like Keith.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 16, 2008 15:34

That's always been the problem with so much Rock Sheet music or TABS..and more of an issue with the Stones than most.
Most of it's just not accurate and is tossed off by transcribers who don't really care a fig or who don't understand.
A lot of folks who are responsible for producing song books really screw up by indicating totally wrong chords in place [typical in rock & blues], where tonality or a chord is implied with a couple of notes rather than "stated".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home