Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Steve Forbert question
Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: January 5, 2008 17:17

Beside The Stones I'm a great fan of Steve Forbert. Is there anyone of you out there who's seen him live?
If so, how was it? What is he like live? I don't know if he's ever been touring Europe.
I love his records and it would be great to see hin live sometime

Ove

Re: OT: Steve Forbert question
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 5, 2008 17:20

Someone told me he was going to be the new Dylan .... but that was 30 years ago.

Posted by: Elliott ()
Date: January 5, 2008 18:51

Hi Ove,

I love him too !
I sow he's Paris concert on the TV in 1979-1980 (GREAT !)
Also Steve played a lot in Europe for 28 years, he was in Europe for 3 years the last time (for a few concerts) You know like Elliott MURPHY, Mick TAYLOR and others, they need one thing more : more stronger in business that's the rule

All the best

Ps: Try to get one rare cd live *What kinda guy*

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 5, 2008 19:29

Another fan here, got a couple of his album , never seen him live though ,was watching a live at King Biscuit cd on ebay last week oddly enough

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 5, 2008 19:48

I saw him in 1979, opening for The Kinks in Rochester, NY. He was being touted at the time as 'the next Dylan'. He was kind of like Dylan onstage...somewhat shy, not connected to the audience. I have not heard of him, since.

Someone you might enjoy checking out, who is touring and releasing new material, in a similar vane, is Willie Nile. Very articulate songwriting. Some deep, haunting songs. He has been around since the 70s. Bruce Springsteen is a big fan of his. I had the pleasure of seeing Willie on stage singing with Bruce a few years ago. Ceck out the song: 'Cell Phones Ringing In the Pockets of the Dead' (written after the Madrid train bombing).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 5, 2008 21:43

I'm pretty sure he's playing Europe this month. I was told about a show in Belfast in two weeks time.

Posted by: Oveinvain ()
Date: January 5, 2008 23:51

Thank you guys for your replies.
It's nice to see that there's some more people that's interested in Steve Forbert.

I discovered Forbert around 1995 and I havent seen him aound here in Sweden or somewhere around since then.

Ove

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2008 03:38

Posted by: McCartney ()
Date: January 8, 2008 21:34

Just saw him with Paul Errico in NJ in December. I've been a fan since 1977 and never miss a show in my area. (NY/NJ) On this trip to Europe he's bringing the 'Soundbenders' with him and they're fantastic. Do not miss it!

Wed 16 The New Roscoe Leeds UK Venue
Steve Forbert and the Soundbenders
Thur 17 Dingwalls II London UK Venue
Sat 19 The Errigle Inn Belfast UK Venue
Sun 20 The Cluny Newcastle UK Venue
Tues 22 Celtic Connections Festival Glasgow, Scotland UK Venue

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 9, 2008 12:31

You get a bonus of the very fine Jim Lauderdale at the Glasgow "Celtic Connections" gig.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 9, 2008 22:02

I saw him open for Carla Bonoff in December 1979. Just after JackRabbit Slim came out. He was hot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home