Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Must Get DVD - ZEPPELIN LIVE, KNEBWORTH '79 - Definitive Cut (2007)
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 20, 2007 18:22

OK, One more Zeppelin thread then that's it - but I do want to share this info with the Zep fans on IORR. Just received the new updated - 2007 - DVD "THE DEFINITIVE CUT - LED ZEPPELIN / KNEBWORTH 1979 / AUGUST 11th / Collectors Edition from Amazon ($49.95). First of all I'm not sure if it's the 11th of August or the 4th (both dates are listed in different places) - which ever show they played "TEN YEARS GONE" at since I believe they only played it at one of the two shows. The deal with this 2 sided disc (basically a double set) is how effing amazing the quality is !!! The picture is ALMOST as good as the official 2 DVD LED ZEPPELIN Box Set (after you do a little adjusting to the picture with your remote - contrast, brightness, tint, color, sharpness). The Sound just ROCKS !!! A 9.5 (out of 10), real up close mic-ing on everybody (like Ya-Ya's IMHO, actually more like the MSG 1972 Stones Boot with the second half of the show - Love in Vain/YCAGWYW/Rambler//All Down The Line/Bye, Bye Johnny/Rip This Joint/JJF - hope I got the order right).

Here's the DVD Set List:

SONG REMAINS THE SAME
CELEBRATION DAY
BLACK DOG (An Amazing Version - SCORCHER !!)
NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE (Box Set)
OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY (visuals used for an official video w/studio version song)
MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP (another high energy SCORCHER - Best live version ever IMHO)
SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU
NO QUARTER
TEN YEARS GONE (Great Version - was released as a stand alone video years ago)
HOT DOG (rare one)
THE RAIN SONG
WHITE SUMMER/BLACK MOUNTAIN SIDE
KASHMIR (box set)
TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT (yet another scorcher, amazing version)
SICK AGAIN (box set)
ACHILIES LAST STAND (box set)
GUITAR SOLO
IN THE EVENING (box set)
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
encores:
ROCK AND ROLL (box set)
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE (box set)
HEARTBREAKER (Major Scorcher, totally Rocks)

Almost 3 hours of one amazing show - MUCH BETTER than the SONG REMAINS THE SAME Movie. When you see this on a big screen and a very good sound system you understand why this band was so great - just PURE ENERGY ASS KICKING ROCK !!!)

Get it on Amazon from YOUVEGOTASALE (in WA state - $49.95). This is as close to Official looking and sounding as I've EVER seen/heard a BOOT get, amazing, most would think it's official if you saw the DVD box (not the one pictured on Amazon which is not what they send you - what they send you is much better looking)

Re: OT: Must Get DVD - ZEPPELIN LIVE, KNEBWORTH '79 - Definitive Cut (2007)
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 20, 2007 18:46

I believe that "Ten Years Gone" was played only at the August 4th show.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 20, 2007 18:51

I was at the Aug 11th show. It was Great! I wish I was back there now. (with Keith!)

How can a bootleg be sold by Amazon and why is it better than the footage on the band's own DVD release?

Thank-you.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 20, 2007 18:57

Info from one boot:

Date: 4th August 1979
Venue: Knebworth Festival, Stevenage, England
Label: Tarantura # TCD 9, 1-3, 3 CD + 1 Bonus DVD
Sound: soundboard / 8-9

the Bonus DVD contains 4 tracks: Black Dog, Ten Years gone, Kashmir, Rock´n´Roll

Disc 1: The Song remains the same / Celebration Day, Black Dog, Nobody´s fault but mine, Over the Hills and far away, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I´ve been loving you, No Quarter

Disc 2: Ten Years gone, Hot Dog, The Rain Song, White Summer / Black Mountain Side, Kashmir, Trampled Underfoot, Achilles Last Stand

Disc 3: Guitar Solo / In the Evening, Stairway to Heaven, Rock & Roll, Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker

Date: December 20, 2007 19:19

DREAMTIME Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was at the Aug 11th show. It was Great! I wish I
> was back there now. (with Keith!)
>
> How can a bootleg be sold by Amazon and why is it
> better than the footage on the band's own DVD
> release?
>
AMAZON sells Boots all the time (through 3rd parties and only ones that have a very pro look to them so MAYBE they can say they thought it was legit, I don't know) They have the STONES 1981 Seattle DVD for sale right now but it's too much money IMHO. The quality is not better than the official release (that would be impossible) but it's ALMOST the same. The thing is it isn't heavily edited the way PAGE likes to chop things up and the songs and Plants banters are all in the proper place. Notice how out of order the Zep Box Set has the 6 or 7 songs used from the Knebworth show - it's just the entire concert raw and live, the way it was.......OH, and no stupid fantasy dream sequences like in the SONG REMAINS THE SAME film (really ruins that Movie for me)....

Posted by: spikey ()
Date: December 20, 2007 19:56

It is interesting that Zep collectors hold Knebworth in such high regard, as the shows were generally considered to be sub-par.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 20, 2007 20:10

spikey Wrote:
> It is interesting that Zep collectors hold
> Knebworth in such high regard, as the shows were
> generally considered to be sub-par.

Even sub par can be considered much better than The Song Remains The Same.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 20, 2007 20:32

Just picked up Seattle 77, but yet to get this one. Good to know I can get it at Amazon at this price. Is the Earls Court complete show better than this one, I have a few clips of it from the Zep dvd that came out a few years back but also saw the complete concert is out there too.

Date: December 20, 2007 20:38

Well, having been to about 10 West Coast shows between 1972 and 1977 I would say KNEBWORTH is not sub- par by any means. The best Zep show I ever saw was the 1972 HOW THE WEST WAS WON shows (but those CD's are heavily edited - PLANT has always been a big yapper and PAGE cuts all of that out. They left off "TANGERINE", "LOUIE LOUIE" - one of 5 encores, THANK YOU - another encore, a whole bunch of oldie snippets during WHOLE LOTTA LOVE - left some in but took a lot out, and I believe DANCING DAYS was played twice, second time as an encore.) 1975 was a great tour (and I would put the Earls Court DVD boot right behind Knebworth). 1977 was a bit of a let down with all the super long songs (but the acoustic section was great - TEN YEARS GONE/GOING TO CALIFORNIA/BATTLE OF EVERMORE/Elvis' MYSTERY TRAIN/DANCING DAYS - LA Forum, final evening only/BLACK COUNTRY WOMAN/BRON-Y-UR STOMP - just a great half hour or more). One great thing about KNEBWORTH was the set list, seems like they pulled a few songs from each past tour and besides NO QUARTER the songs don't just drag on and on. The sad thing about the SONG REMAINS THE SAME film is 1973 was actually a pretty good show (and if the entire show, without extra crap, had come out I would have been VERY happy. It's all the stupid stuff that ruins that movie/concert) Too many cooks or something - took 3 years to put it out.... what a let down....

Date: December 20, 2007 21:25

How The West Was Won outtakes are now on Dime

Date: December 20, 2007 21:47

Thanks for that info Dan, I had a tape of it (I taped most of my concerts, well the big names like Stones, Bowie, Zep, Aerosmith) but the 72 tape got f-ed up .......

Date: December 20, 2007 21:58

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> Thanks for that info Dan, I had a tape of it (I
> taped most of my concerts, well the big names like
> Stones, Bowie, Zep, Aerosmith) but the 72 tape got
> f-ed up .......

Whoa, what Aerosmith concerts did you tape?

Date: December 20, 2007 23:21

Either the tour to support DRAW THE LINE or possibly, ROCKS, I used to see them a lot (first time was opening for MOTT THE HOOPLE when the 2nd album, GET YOUR WINGS is it? had just come out. We'd never heard of them and at the end of their set we looked at each other and said,"them there boys are gonna be big!!" - Got the albums the next week. That was at the Santa Monica Civic - 5000 seats more or less - good venue) Back to the tape, I think the opening song was SICK AS A DOG or BACK IN THE SADDLE if that helps... I know they did GET THE LEAD OUT (Hey good lookin'/What you got there cookin' - that one - is that what it's called?) I haven't listened to it for ages, need to locate it first.....along with many others... I got TONS of reel to reel stuff off the radio live concert shows KING BISCUIT FLOWER HOUR and shit like that...I was a taping maniac back in the day, lived for it - now I live for Fashion photography and traveling and trying to get Lukesters attention just because he hates when I do that - lol....I got a Dentist visit in 45 minutes, gotta hit the shower....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: December 20, 2007 23:24

damn it Skelter.....stop that!!!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 20, 2007 23:37

Santa Monica Civic was 2500 seats. Perfect place to see all the up and coming sensations, and we did!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: December 20, 2007 23:39

Led Zeppelin - Final Cut (Definitive Edition)
Knebworth August 11, 1979
NTSC DVD 1 of 2 w/ Menu - complete PRO-Shot
Celebration Label

DVD 1 of 2

Setlist:

The Song Remains The Same
Celebration Day
Black Dog
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Over The Hills And Far Away
Misty Mountain Hop
Since I've Been Loving You
No Quarter
Hot Dog
The Rain Song
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Kashmir
Trampled Underfoot

Knebworth August 11, 1979 + 4 Bonus tracks from August 4, 1979
NTSC DVD 2 of 2 w/ Menu - complete PRO-Shot
Celebration Label

DVD 2 of 2

Setlist:

Sick Again
Achilles Last Stand
Guitar Improvisation
In The Evening
Stairway To Heaven
Rock And Roll
Whole Lotta Love
Communication Breakdown

Bonus Tracks:

Kashmir
Trampled Underfoot
Sick Again
Heartbreaker

It's out there for free to be downloaded or trade. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-20 23:42 by Bingo.

Date: December 20, 2007 23:51

Bingo, who wants free when you can pay for it? -LOL......... Here comes the NOVOCAIN.....OPEN WIDE HELTER (and stop crying)......... Adios boys....

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: December 21, 2007 07:36

these Finnish chainstores I'm not naming here (but all Finns know what I'm talking about) sell bootleg (or should I say pirate) DVDs openly, and they've been doing it for years. I was conned in to buying one that was supposed to be early Cream footage. When I got it home, I found it was badly transferred clips from the Farewell Concert. It's perfectly ironic when some security guard eyes you like you're some shoplifter, while their employer trades illegal goods!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-21 07:37 by Child Of Clay.

OT: Must Get DVD - ZEPPELIN LIVE, KNEBWORTH '79 - Definitive Cut (2007)
Date: December 21, 2007 15:45

Look at the bright side Child of Clay......

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 21, 2007 22:35

spikey Wrote:
> It is interesting that Zep collectors hold
> Knebworth in such high regard, as the shows were
> generally considered to be sub-par.

True to a point...one reason is that both of these shows were filmed, which with Zeppelin is scarce...Only RAH, Seatle '77, and 2 of the Earls Court have been availible in trading circles....now the 2003 DVD covered alot of these including Knebworth, but still a complete show is a complete show.

Their performances at the Knebworth show are not without their warts, and when compaired to their '69-73 era shows they are sub-par, but when listening to the shows on their own merits they are quite good.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: December 22, 2007 01:40

Led Zeppelin - 02 Arena London - Third Eye DVD, This show is a complete recording of the reunion concert . The show was filmed in High Def with PCM stereo audio.

any1 hear or see this yet , any info on pic & sound quality ? is it a dvd9 or no

Date: December 22, 2007 01:58

rattler2004 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Their performances at the Knebworth show are not
> without their warts, and when compaired to their
> '69-73 era shows they are sub-par, but when
> listening to the shows on their own merits they
> are quite good.

Good, balanced take on the Knebworth shows. I'm not such a Zeppelin expert that I could really judge, but I based my post on stuff that I had read saying that the band did not think the shows were very good. I'll tell you one thing though: I WISH I could have been at the 02. Hopefully at least a few limited shows will follow.

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: December 22, 2007 15:30

Child Of Clay Wrote:
> these Finnish chainstores I'm not naming here (but
> all Finns know what I'm talking about) sell
> bootleg (or should I say pirate) DVDs openly, and
> they've been doing it for years. I was conned in
> to buying one that was supposed to be early Cream
> footage. When I got it home, I found it was badly
> transferred clips from the Farewell Concert. It's
> perfectly ironic when some security guard eyes you
> like you're some shoplifter, while their employer
> trades illegal goods!

I am Finn and I must say that I really don't know what chainstore you are talking about. It is really hard to believe that. Years ago it was possible to find some bootlegs from smaller records shops, but not anymore. But pirates from well known stores ??!!??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 15:31 by TooMuchAlcohol.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 23, 2007 19:30

spikey Wrote:

> Good, balanced take on the Knebworth shows. I'm
> not such a Zeppelin expert that I could really
> judge, but I based my post on stuff that I had
> read saying that the band did not think the shows
> were very good. I'll tell you one thing though: I
> WISH I could have been at the 02. Hopefully at
> least a few limited shows will follow.

Thanks,

I haven't heard the entire band's take on the Knebworth shows, only Robert Plant's; who initially didn't think much of either night, but when the DVD was release he said it was much better than he remembered....I don't know if that was due to the heavy editing and teaking done by Mr. Page or if it was a comment to be taken at face value...I do remember Plant saying that Bonzo was right in the pocket at Knebworth (during the press for the DVD release in 2003)...I guess he didn't think Bonzo was all that great immediately following the shows.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: December 23, 2007 23:39

Bingo Wrote:
> Led Zeppelin - Final Cut (Definitive Edition)
> Knebworth August 11, 1979
> NTSC DVD 1 of 2 w/ Menu - complete PRO-Shot
> Celebration Label
>
> DVD 1 of 2
>
> Setlist:
>
> The Song Remains The Same
> Celebration Day
> Black Dog
> Nobody's Fault But Mine
> Over The Hills And Far Away
> Misty Mountain Hop
> Since I've Been Loving You
> No Quarter
> Hot Dog
> The Rain Song
> White Summer/Black Mountain Side
> Kashmir
> Trampled Underfoot
>
>
> Knebworth August 11, 1979 + 4 Bonus tracks from
> August 4, 1979
> NTSC DVD 2 of 2 w/ Menu - complete PRO-Shot
> Celebration Label
>
> DVD 2 of 2
>
> Setlist:
>
> Sick Again
> Achilles Last Stand
> Guitar Improvisation
> In The Evening
> Stairway To Heaven
> Rock And Roll
> Whole Lotta Love
> Communication Breakdown
>
> Bonus Tracks:
>
> Kashmir
> Trampled Underfoot
> Sick Again
> Heartbreaker
>
>
>
> It's out there for free to be downloaded or trade.
> smiling smiley

Would you please tell us where? who? how much?

Date: December 24, 2007 01:55

Perhaps googling Led Zeppelin Knebworth DVD torrent would provide the info you are after.

Date: December 24, 2007 02:08

Amazon.com has them for sale through a third party.... this info is already in the comments above but I'll repeat it. The Amazon one doesn't have COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN but does have TEN YEARS GONE so you gotta choose which one you want.....

Date: December 24, 2007 05:53

I will have to go with Amazon unless anyone knows someone who can sell me a copy. I'm not in the 'torrent' category yet. Perhaps in the future.

Happy Holidays!

Date: December 24, 2007 20:58

Well all I can say about the Amazon one from WA state - can't remember the sellers name - is how amazing the quality is: SOUND 9 to 9.5 (compared to a normal, official release) PICTURE 8.5 to 9 (and I watch it on a 73 inch Mitsubishi High Definition Screen so it picks up every little thing)...$49.95 I believe, 3 or 4 days for delivery....

NOTE: Seller name (it's third party - not from Amazon) "YOUVEGOTASALE" Cover is TOTALLY different than the one shown - mine looks like a pro/official cover...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-24 21:06 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: December 25, 2007 10:44

I bought last week in Barcelona the one you are talking about.
Twenty Fifth anniversary Edition - Definitive version - Old Bastard Label: Knebworth Festival 8.11.1979 fold out digipack. A real jewell.
IF anybody needs my help, just contact me via private email
silvertrain@telefonica.net

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home