Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sebastian Kruger in London 18th December 2007
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 19, 2007 02:32

O dear o dear ... or "o deer o deer" as it says on Sir Ron of Kingston's T shirt ! Another VERY silly evening in an art gallery somewhere up in central London (can't remember exactly where), but as we muddled through another fun night we spotted THIS man hangin' out in Krugeresque fashion on the wall - looking positively resplendent in a kinda 1974/1975-ish sort of way, so we thought we'd better get our photo taken with him. Especially as it was his birthday.

Happy Birthday Keith on 18th December 2007, and thanks to Ronnie and Sebastian Kruger and the gallery in Cork Street and Keith (David) of the "Stoned" and and and ... wot happened next ????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-19 02:34 by paulywaul.

Re: Sebastian Kruger in London 18th December 2007
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 19, 2007 02:38

Twas indeed a fab fun night and a great way to celebrate the man's 64th birthday. That painting is truly stupendous. And Ronnie was on fine form, bouncing around, joking and signing calendars (including mine!).

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2007 02:48

Hey it's a painting of Rockman's icon!!!! How cool!!!

Nice to see your happy faces Paul & Sara - happy holidays to you.

Date: December 19, 2007 02:52

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey it's a painting of Rockman's icon!!!! How
> cool!!!
>
> Nice to see your happy faces Paul & Sara - happy
> holidays to you.

And to you Cindy, wishing you all the best for the festive season, and of course hoping to see you perhaps IF the boys give us all a "Stateside" excuse ... so fingers crossed for some shows revolving around the Shine A Light movie release in April or whenever !!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 19, 2007 02:54

paulywaul Wrote:
IF the boys give us all a "Stateside" excuse ... so fingers crossed for some shows revolving around the Shine A Light movie release in April or whenever !!

That would be FANTASTIC! I better get the guest bedroom ready!

Date: December 19, 2007 03:20

CindyC Wrote:
> Hey it's a painting of Rockman's icon!!!! How
> cool!!!
>
> Nice to see your happy faces Paul & Sara - happy
> holidays to you.

You got it, Cindy! Rockman's icon it is. And it goes by the name of "The Fugitive". Hehe.

Happy holidays to you, too! And indeed hope to see you in 2008 if _that_ excuse comes up!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 19, 2007 03:33

Excellent shot of you two and the fantastic painting, Paulywaul!

Who took the shot? You say Ronnie was there too, Beast?

Posted by: partydoll Meg ()
Date: December 19, 2007 03:48

OH I so jealous...

Pauly, did ya happen to buy one for me too? It was on my Christmas list?!!

Great photo..and how fitting to get it with Keith on his special day.

Hope you two have a great holiday! Enjoy Bruce tomorrow, Pauly. I guarantee it will be a mind blowing experience.

Stateside? Never say never....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2007 04:01

Hey thats wild....."The Fugitive"....

And nice photo of you two lucky people...Beast & Pauly....

TAKE CARE......Best for Xmas and the year of 2008....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 19, 2007 06:16

what a GREAT photo! beast, you never cease to amaze me - you are always in the right place at the right time. is this your 3rd time meeting ronnie in the last couple of months? winking smiley awesome. i love kruger - did he have any catalogs available (for sale or for free)?

Date: December 19, 2007 12:49

Fourth time, actually! Not that we had been expecting Ronnie to turn up. It had crossed my mind earlier in the day as a possibility but I thought maybe he wouldn't want to turn up and maybe steal Kruger's thunder (which he didn't at all - they seem to be good pals). So it was a real surprise to turn round and see him just having walked in the door! It wasn't jam packed or anything so he was pretty relaxed and also very funny as usual. He's a real livewire.

Anyway, yes there is a nice catalogue - 9" x 9" (47 pages - it has the others in it but Keith predominates). Scroll down on this page till you see it:

[sebastian-kruger-publications.blogspot.com]

Date: December 19, 2007 15:10

What a cool evening, Ronnie was in fine form joking around. He very kindly signed his picture in my Kruger calendar with a 'Done by Sebastian with my permission!!' inscription and a brief chat and a shake of the hand. Not quite the kiss on the cheek that Beast received of course!

Oh yes, and I took the photo above of 'The Fugitive' with our very own IORR fugitives......

Date: December 19, 2007 15:51

It was a GREAT evening, but I really must a grip on this "tripping up and falling over on staircases" thang ... were it not for the fact that I was empty handed on this occasion (as opposed to carrying a tray with 6 full wine glasses on it), I'd have repeated my disgraceful performance of last year in NYC !! Gasp, mutter !! MUST pay more attention !!

Great pic you took there Manofwealthandtaste, I have to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-19 15:54 by paulywaul.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2007 16:20

now that is what i call glamourous - well done, everybody! :E

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1302
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home