Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Blondie Chaplin - What's The ***** Point?
Date: December 8, 2007 10:14

I've been sractching my head on this one for a while. Does he have photos of Mick in a compromising position that keeps him in the band?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-08 14:18 by bv.

Re: Blondie Chaplin - What's The Bloody Point?
Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: December 8, 2007 10:26

good question..

what he does for stones, i could do as well, even better.
( the question is does ot say more about my ability, than his...)

Posted by: kees ()
Date: December 8, 2007 10:46

No clue either. Does anybody know how he landed in this job?

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: December 8, 2007 11:05

i mean he is a useful allaround musican singer, guitarman, etc
but the fact is
stones do not really need
an extra backupsinger
or
an extra guitarman
do thery ?

but he is with them and it means THEY think they need his services. maybe he just fits well in the morale etc, does not overshadow anyone etc. such people
CAN BE important (glue)

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 8, 2007 13:12

They need him, he plays guitar and that helps.

Date: December 8, 2007 13:19

When Keith is drunk, it´s good to have him around...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 8, 2007 13:27

in all fairness, he is not there just because he simply wants to, but because the Stones need him or at least feel they need him.

Re: Blondie Chaplin - What's The ***** Point?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2007 14:25

Posting theads like this is a safe way of getting kicked out of IORR immedeiately. This thread is totally lacking respect of individuals. The IORR posting policy is based on one rule and one rule only. RESPECT. You don't make such posts about individuals if you do respect others. And you do not swear i.e. use inappropriate words in the subject line if you respect other people here on IORR. Some might find rude after hours bar talk great. Others might talk like this all day and night. But with people and fans from all cultures and all languages on IORR, I do require a minimum of respect and language when people post. Language that is commonly accepted among all people, not just subcultures. I will keep this thread here as a reminder of the rules on IORR. Blondie will understand and agree on the fact that this is important. He is a great musician and also a great human being so attacking him like this makes absolutely no sense. Thank you.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: December 8, 2007 14:52

but its OK to use the word SPASTIC on another thread and defend it, without one word of censure.

i thought it a valid question in any case.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 8, 2007 15:13

I'm willing to take this in another direction. I've never been in favor of the Stones taking valuable stage time to do cover songs, but if they must do the obligatory covery song,why not try Sail On Sailor, since Blondie is the lead vocalist of that track.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: December 8, 2007 15:48

BV -

Why didn't you step in on the "Who Would You Pick Rather Than Ronnie?" thread? Huh?
Or any countless other threads that go on here?

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 8, 2007 16:06

Shawn20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm willing to take this in another direction.
> I've never been in favor of the Stones taking
> valuable stage time to do cover songs, but if they
> must do the obligatory covery song,why not try
> Sail On Sailor, since Blondie is the lead vocalist
> of that track.

I'm with you on this one.

Realistically, if there WERE to be a mid-set break, then "Leaving This Town" is another excellent song (also from the beach Boys' Holland) that Blondie could perform.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2007 16:21

6853 Wrote:
> i mean he is a useful allaround musican singer,
> guitarman, etc
> but the fact is
> stones do not really need
> an extra backupsinger
> or
> an extra guitarman
> do they ?

Yes - they do. The guitar part anyway. The fact that hes playing more guitar now than on previous tours should tell you all you need to know
>
>
> but he is with them and it means THEY think they
> need his services.

Thats basically it...and lets face it, the Stones know what THEY need better than any of us do.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 8, 2007 16:42

keith has been playing drunk his whole life , why now start covering for him now its pointless, they were fine without blondie from steel wheels to voodoo lounge, arguably better , i think its the stones just going with the vegas theme because they like it now, and hey if keith and ronnie want to take a song or two off and pose they can do that now as they have been caught doing alot of lately

Date: December 8, 2007 16:47

I dont think its a case of him "playing drunk", more a case of 'reduced manual dexterity'......

Date: December 8, 2007 17:06

thats true also, maybe he just has trouble playing certain notes

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 8, 2007 17:07

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
> BV -
>
> Why didn't you step in on the "Who Would You Pick
> Rather Than Ronnie?" thread? Huh?
> Or any countless other threads that go on here?

I agree. BV, you definitely have several good points in your post above. But there have been several threads/posts about Ronnie, Mick T, Chuck Leavell, Keith, etc., that have showed a lack of respect. Often heated discussions with angry participants -- yes -- but no complaints from the moderators.

Date: December 8, 2007 17:16

right and also why must every stones sideman be defended, people have the right to say if they dont like someones style or whether or not they should be there, why is that taken as disrespect, i like blondie as a person i just dont think he serves a purpose in this band, and i also think they can do without a couple of other sidepeople also, but that does not mean that they are bad people

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: December 8, 2007 17:20

I thought it was a valid thread also. Other than the one dude who said he could play better than Blondie, I thought the questions were asked in a civil tone.

Date: December 8, 2007 17:37

look at how the stones played at juilliard, what was wrong with that, straight up rock n roll whats the prblem with that, i say nothing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-08 17:43 by melillo.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 8, 2007 17:44

melillo Wrote:
> right and also why must every stones sideman be
> defended, people have the right to say if they
> dont like someones style or whether or not they
> should be there, why is that taken as disrespect,

They definitely do have that right, but I don't think that's the problem - the problem is how such threads and/or comments are worded when it's on a public forum, rather than in private. There's a big difference between constructive criticism and offensiveness that's just plain thoughtless, rude and unnecessary.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 8, 2007 18:11

Who knows, maybe Blondie will play the opening riffs of Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash on the next tour.
He'd probably nail 'em perfectly without no rusty playing whatsoever.

Date: December 8, 2007 20:08

melillo Wrote:
> look at how the stones played at juilliard, what
> was wrong with that, straight up rock n roll whats
> the prblem with that, i say nothing

Nothing - they were superb. However, it was 3 songs, not a show - THEY obviously feel they cant cut it as a 5 piece band for a 2 hour show for a 18 month tour...

and I would imagine they know their limitations better than any of us.

Stands to sense - if the Stones felt they could get away with trimming the wage bill and keeping more for themselves, dont you think they do it in a heartbeat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-08 20:08 by Gazza.

Date: December 8, 2007 20:09

The Stones Wrote:
> Who knows, maybe Blondie will play the opening
> riffs of Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash on the
> next tour.
> He'd probably nail 'em perfectly without no rusty
> playing whatsoever.

He was already playing on them on the tour thats just finished!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 8, 2007 20:23

Why the bitching/moaning about Blondie? He was a participant in the ABB sessions, is multi-talented, and is now a permanent fixture in the onstage extended family. Get over it, people.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: December 8, 2007 20:29

Bondie is just fab. There is nothing more to it.
He is one helluva muso.

Thanks, Bjornulf.

Date: December 8, 2007 20:35

I agree with Bjornulf. Lets not get too personal here. The Stones must feel Blondie adds to band, that's why he's there. Hey, he's a great guy. He stopped to talk to me prior to one of the MGM shows when I saw him walking thru the food court area. He would not be there if he did not contribute. Geez, who's next on the hit list? The other guys in the horn section?

Scotty

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 8, 2007 20:36

Those who diss Blondie probably feel they could do better than him on stage. The facts are that he is a very talented musician and singer, also has good song writing skills. This is probably why he has become a good friend of Keith's (most Keith recordings since the Wingless Angels project feature Blondie) and has been asked to join the back-up band. This is also why he is respected by Ronnie, Charlie and Mick. Blondie has been asked by Keith himself, since Licks, to play more and more guitar on stage. The back-up section is a very solid entity, made of talented musicians, that seem to get along really fine.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2007 22:55

Please understand that I am not superman. I don't read and evaluate every word and post on IORR. Whenever I get a report on offending posts I will check and take action. Please do NOT use the "Al Bundy" way of living standards here on IORR (It ain't cheating until you get caught). There is no way I can check every post. If you feel a post is truely offending then please use the "Report This Message" link under the post. I am sure everyone understand. I don't want posts in disrespect here, and most people would understand that this post is not really in respect. Ask yourself the following question: If the name "Blondie" was replaced by your own name here, and it was printed on the front page of your newspaper, related to your own working situaltion. Would you be happy to see it? Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: December 9, 2007 02:11

It's interesting how certain non-Stones who are close to the Stones (Don Was, Michael Cohl, and Blondie Chaplin, to name a few examples) provoke such hostility in certain Stones fans.

Drew

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home