Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Johnny Rotten slags off The Stones
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:31

[www.mirror.co.uk]

What a tosser this guy has become. He's slagged off the Stones for never ever having done anything for society.

Overweight and over the hill. Shove it Johnny boy. You had your 15 minutes off fame now crawl under a stone and leave those with talent to do their thing.

Re: Johnny Rotten slags off The Stones
Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:37

Don't take it too serious.
Old Jonny still knows how to get some media response.
It's not a punk- but a marketing-gesture.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:40

What did Johnny Rotten do for society?
The Stones pay carbon offset on their tours. They've playd for the solar energy project in California... What did Rotten do? Except splashing beer and spitting at people...
And all the music! That certainly gains society - for generations to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 13:51 by gstone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:46

Doesn't music that makes ya shag and dance count....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:49

Gimme a break. Johnny Rotten asks what have the Stones done for society ? Well for a start, they've given society some decent music, unlike the garbage inflicted on us by the sex Pistols, prize twat that he is !

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:53

Rotten obviously needs some attention now. An album or reunion number 114 to promote... An idiot, and he does not get a prize for that. Nor does he get a Christmas card.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 7, 2007 13:53

Talking of which, have you sorted your Spice Girls tickets out yet Pauly?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 7, 2007 14:05

always great to hear from john...the pistols at the isle of wight...holy moly...good going!! guess that tour is for real and the band continues; good news...
i'm not gonna get upset about one sentence pulled as a headline quote in a tabloid...and i also like that he had an influence on them and their music and the times and is the grain of sand that makes the perfect pearl. as always, go johnny go...
he sounds really mild next to any ticket prices or setlist thread here actually.
LOVE THE PISTOLS GO JOHNNY GO...keep 'em on their toes...again.

if you wanna see some real vicious hate stuff about the stones, just come to this very site and watch a thread when keith dares to go to the movies with his kid and wife and gets his pic in the paper...or about someones hair or face...peeps here gonna have to come up several notches in class to have the moral authority to get on john lydon's case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 14:09 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 7, 2007 14:13

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: December 7, 2007 14:29

Let's not get too precious - Keef usually slanders everybody but the Who and AC/DC in his interviews.

I believe Johhny Rotten has earned the right to say whatever he wants to...and most of the time I think he is brilliant in interviews ;-)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 7, 2007 14:37

He did that media stunt 30 years ago - why not try again?

nothing to get excited...

....said the chocolate to the thief

Date: December 7, 2007 14:44

This is pure tongue-in-cheek.

Funny, actually. Please don't take it seriously.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 7, 2007 14:53

mofur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not get too precious - Keef usually slanders
> everybody but the Who and AC/DC in his
> interviews.
>
> I believe Johhny Rotten has earned the right to
> say whatever he wants to...and most of the time I
> think he is brilliant in interviews ;-)

100% agree

Date: December 7, 2007 14:58

last time the pistols got big in the industry with their music and big mouths we ended up with Handsome Girls tour...
the total no bullshit tour of the ages in many ways...to this day that tour takes no prisoners and it was clear they would not yield the field...
loose and lusty and screaming and steaming and streaming truly wild & a stone cold gas gas gas;
a unique, and often overlooked (not here) period unlike any other tour in many ways;
perhaps the apex of the true weave; and such fierce rolling boogie...whew.
the icing on the amazing golden age cake. AND a fierce engaged album they took immediately to the stage...
just sayin'...

what a thrill to have both bands active thirty years later.

Date: December 7, 2007 15:42

LOGIE Wrote:
> Talking of which, have you sorted your Spice Girls
> tickets out yet Pauly?

Logie you scallywag you, asking a hardcore Spice Girls fan like myself whether or not they've got their tickets sorted yet ? OF COURSE I have ................ o shite, wait a minute !! O god no, I've just looked at the DATE on these O2 Arena tickets I have here, it says Wednesday 19th, NOT Tuesday 18th. Damm and blast it all, what a schmuck ? I've bought tickets for the wrong date. It says 'ere someone called Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is playing that night. Who's he, and who are they ? Any good ? Do they sing and dance and wear pretty frocks and get their t**s out then ?

So how's life up there is the sub arctic ? It's positively balmy down here in the tropics ... land of the Spicy girly loving soft southern jessie !! You should visit, get yerselves a bit of warmth you know.

A happy Xmas to you and Jan btw, let us see each other sometime/somewhere/somehow in 2008.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 7, 2007 15:43

CONDENSED HISTORY OF THE SEX PISTOLS:

Get slightly famous in the UK cause they let out a stream of swear words on British Television - WOW !! REBEL REBEL and all that

At some point put out ONE (only ONE, EVER) album that has a few half decent songs and takes a big turn away from DISCO (which is VERY big MOR at the time and the world's getting sick of it) - only one word covers this amazing, totally creative move - GENIUS

Play shows in England were audience and performers spit (glob is it?) at each other - GENIUS STUFF (kinda, basically copy IGGY'S show - witch is far superior - from 2 years earlier)

Improve from a shitty garage band to a below average garage band musically

Go on a 13 stop tour in the US that they can hardly get through

Sid Vicious leaves the band and kills his GF or the other way around (who cares , 2 low lives leave the planet - that's all I know)

LYDON slags REAL musicians with REAL talent to get REAL publicity from the REAL idiotic press

Some call this a Band that changed everything (correction - that would be THE CLASH). I call it a bunch of untalented slackers who used "sliding down into the lowest common denominator cease pool" to get attention - common move these days - PARIS HILTON, BRITTANY SPEARS, Blah, blah , blah. That's what they've been doing since that first televised curse word in 1977 or whenever - getting publicity with a big potty mouth - OMG, WHAT TALENT that takes - say F*ck on TV - brilliant x 1,000 !!!

The STONES are not at their peak anymore - STILL better than most - BUT they will go down, with the Beatles, as the 2 most important bands in ROCK HISTORY - 2 mega talent bands - NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER !!!.... The SEX PISTOLS will go down as a puddle of watery dingo shit flowing into the gutter.... How DARE YOU slag Jagger/Stones you no talent circus freak - HEAR ME Lydon ?!?!?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 16:44 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 7, 2007 15:56

"Johnny Rotten slags off The Stones" Johnny Rotten slags off Tomato Ketchup
Johnny Rotten slags off tea bags

Isn't that simply what he does? Find him amusing or ignore him. They're the sensible options ;^)

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:21

People here do take things rather seriously.
There is no one left alive that John Lydon hasn't slagged off and it would worry me more if he said he actually liked the Stones.

Date: December 7, 2007 16:29

HelterSkelter Wrote:

<<< The SEX PISTOLS will go down as a puddle of watery dingo shit flowing into the gutter .... How DARE YOU slag Jagger/Stones you no talent circus freak - HEAR ME Lydon ?!?!?!?! >>>

Hmm ... it would appear that you're none too fond of Mr loudmouth Lydon ? And I thought it was just me ... !

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:33

paulywaul Wrote:
> HelterSkelter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> <<< The SEX PISTOLS will go down as a puddle of
> watery dingo shit flowing into the gutter .... How
> DARE YOU slag Jagger/Stones you no talent circus
> freak - HEAR ME Lydon ?!?!?!?! >>>
>
> Hmm ... it would appear that you're none too fond
> of Mr loudmouth Lydon ? And I thought it was just
> me ... !

Helter simply feels threatened when he's seeing somebody with an even bigger mouth than his...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 16:39 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 7, 2007 16:37

If Lydon had an ounce of talent it would make the slagging ALOT different turd. We all know what this one trick pony's trick is but some people around here ACTUALLY believe the guy's a true rebel and some kind of talent.... see, that's the problem the way I see it....I mean, how can ANYBODY fall for this clown? He's like a bad soap opera actor (and that's BAD !!!)... GOD SAVE THE QUEEN bahahahahahahaha !!!!

Date: December 7, 2007 16:43

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> paulywaul Wrote:
> -----
> > HelterSkelter Wrote:
> >
>
> > <<< The SEX PISTOLS will go down as a puddle of
> > watery dingo shit flowing into the gutter ....
> How
> > DARE YOU slag Jagger/Stones you no talent
> circus
> > freak - HEAR ME Lydon ?!?!?!?! >>>
> >
> > Hmm ... it would appear that you're none too
> fond
> > of Mr loudmouth Lydon ? And I thought it was
> just
> > me ... !
>
>
> Helter simply feels threatened when he sees
> somebody with an even bigger mouth than his...

LMLO (LM lydon Off. lydon=ass) - Yeah, but Snowman, you gotta admit I have a better act and I charge a lot less....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 17:04 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 7, 2007 16:47

What is this 1977? get over it! Didn't keith have some rather stupid comments to make about modern music lately? Arctic Monkeys for one???

Date: December 7, 2007 16:52

My fav Artic Monkey is Peter Tork and then Davy Jones (but he brings out weird feelings in me. Feelings I've only had when I see my 25 yr old sister in a wet string bikini.... is that strange?)

EVERYBODY'S Getting too serious around here - Yo, I see STARGROOVER'S on, that's the BEST user name since SomeStupidWithAFlareGun - you CANNOT beat that one !!! (a classic line from SMOKE ON THE WATER for all the new kids on here)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 17:29 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 7, 2007 17:04

"My fav Artic Monkey is Peter Tork and then Davy Jones"

thats such a poor joke.....

Date: December 7, 2007 17:10

...what about the part after, I think it picked up with sexual innuendo - as Robert Plant said, DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER LAUGHTER ?? - Drink a tall Ice Coffee and put on CYHMK loud....I know it's PEARL HARBOR DAY but we can get past that.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 17:27 by HelterSkelter.

Date: December 7, 2007 18:16

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 7, 2007 18:23

Helterskelter summed it up better than I ever could!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-07 18:27 by vudicus.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 7, 2007 18:44

Me worried?

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: December 7, 2007 18:47

See John Lydon interview in December 2007 issue of 'Uncut' magazine. He likes Chris Spedding (great guitarist; and I think that he was once a 'Womble'!), Kate Bush, Chris Isaak, Abba, Ginger Baker, and Steve Vai. And he also states that the whole 'I Hate Pink Floyd Thing' during the Pistols' heyday "........was hilarious. Anyone who took that seriously needs a new head." He also likes early Pink Floyd, says that Dave Gilmour is a "...great bloke", and Lydon's brother's art teacher in school was Roger Waters' wife!!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home