Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keno.org opinions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 27, 2007 17:36

This doesn't close to IORR.ORG However, The reveiws seem at surface thorough... well that is a load of crap... For example...Tattoo You 6.1 ????? I call for a summoms of Keno ...and his methods... Yes he has done a great job of assimilating Stones Material ....However, when you probe and evaluate the ratings of all Stones music... Something doesn't seem to be the consensus.. Ken chime in.... I need validity of how Tattoo You is only 6.1 ....he says " poor album"

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 27, 2007 17:49

Chris Fountain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This doesn't close to IORR.ORG However, The
> reveiws seem at surface thorough... well that is a
> load of crap... For example...Tattoo You 6.1 ?????
> I call for a summoms of Keno ...and his
> methods... Yes he has done a great job of
> assimilating Stones Material ....However, when you
> probe and evaluate the ratings of all Stones
> music... Something doesn't seem to be the
> consensus.. Ken chime in.... I need validity of
> how Tattoo You is only 6.1 ....he says " poor
> album"

His musicians - instrument crediting is awful. Reviews are reviews, just that persons opinion and nothing else.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 27, 2007 17:53

Also Bridges and Steel Wheels. Way too low. But I'll do you one better: [www.godgammeldags.nu] Try to read some of this guys reviews. Damn I disagree with this guy a lot.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 27, 2007 18:22

JKF

"I am so glad to see you here. Please pour another glass of Java it's time to watch the cabaret. Your hostess here is the prodigal son, you'll find him very friendly, too. "


you are practically forced to vomit even before investigating the website

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 27, 2007 18:24

So what are the correct reviews?

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 27, 2007 20:25

i used to use keno's session info for my vids on youtube but realised from people's posts that it was mostly wrong

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2007 20:38

It's just his personal opinion nothing more............ Keno was one of the first stones site I found on the internet

__________________________

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 27, 2007 21:07

he's a big big stones freak...like me...ha... he is putting out a new book on the stones too..
but its just a opinion....i think TY should be rated a 9....or higher..

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 27, 2007 21:29

ghostryder13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i used to use keno's session info for my vids on
> youtube but realised from people's posts that it
> was mostly wrong


It's not mostly wrong, some facts are wrong, maybe, but there is no real info on many of their recordings.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: iFox ()
Date: November 27, 2007 23:41

Chris Fountain and Chris Fountain, I really appreciate your courage. 1st of all it takes a courage to admit one's a fool and you did it just because your post proves you don't understand what's a review. A review is a subjective form and it's to express one's opinion. Then you have a courage to criticize the instrument info on Keno's website. Well, just for your info as far as I know Keno has the permission from the Stones to publish the lyrics and the info you've mentioned plus those info are from the Stones insiders.

I mean, really there's no point in arguing about you. Who are you anyway? I'm just getting a little bit pissed off the Stones fans argue with each other and try to ruin each other's reputation. And yeah, I admit that, Keno is the precious friend of mine so I see red when someone criticize him without any reason.

Keno is a true Stones freak and one of the fans with the greatest knowledge and authority when it comes to The Stones. Just check out his new book that will come to light soon. I'm positive it will be one of the most interesting books about The Rolling Stones. In fact I've made the pre order of this.

And the last thing. If everyone had the same opinion it would be damn boring. Then would reason for forums like this one will be? So let's enjoy our different views in the mood of the decent discussion not just phrases like "load of crap" and so on.

Peace.

Brno 22.07.07 & Warsaw 25.07.07

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 28, 2007 01:06

Ifox...I must stand for my colleagues... TY is a 10 ... i don't give a crap about others' opinions... Even if you are a novice Stones fan, TY is simply great music.... When it comes to getting laid, which obviously is unfamiliar territory to you.... TY and Marvin Gaye always work

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 28, 2007 15:05

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what are the correct reviews?


There's no correct review, but I still disagree with this guy a lot.




Chris Fountain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JKF
>
> "I am so glad to see you here. Please pour another
> glass of Java it's time to watch the cabaret. Your
> hostess here is the prodigal son, you'll find him
> very friendly, too. "
>
>
> you are practically forced to vomit even before
> investigating the website


Exactly.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 28, 2007 15:23

Last time I looked it was 6.91 and I think he has an excellent website. Opinions are just that. Just like your posting here, your opinion. I may not like it or disagree with it but thats what you think.

Anyways it a valuable resource for lyrics in a very organized and professional layout.

Who cares what he considers the rating of the album anyways, if you think it is a 10 then so be it. Others may find it helpful.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 28, 2007 15:36

The Sicilian,

No offense. This issue has nothing to do with web author. In order to judge the Stones you must have grown up with them. To make an "off the cuff" review is simply not worthy of any creedence. The website is good for lyrics, quick references... only.


Forget it!!!!! the website is just superficial information on the Stones. BV has put together not just info but feeeling and real association that makes this forum ring true.. (the ringtone can't you hear me Knocking)

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 28, 2007 16:32

Chris Fountain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget it!!!!! the website is just superficial
> information on the Stones. BV has put together
> not just info but feeeling and real association
> that makes this forum ring true..

IORR is 95% discussion and music. Keno is more information intense. Two totally different forums. Each has its own strongpoints. IMO there is no comparison between the two.

By the way what is wrong with "Famous Daves"? It is a decent place for casual dinner and the food is good.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 28, 2007 16:51

Chris Fountain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Sicilian,
>
> No offense. This issue has nothing to do with web
> author. In order to judge the Stones you must
> have grown up with them. To make an "off the
> cuff" review is simply not worthy of any
> creedence. The website is good for lyrics, quick
> references... only.
>
>
> Forget it!!!!! the website is just superficial
> information on the Stones. BV has put together
> not just info but feeeling and real association
> that makes this forum ring true.. (the ringtone
> can't you hear me Knocking)



Yes but please lets not make this into a cult ok?

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 29, 2007 00:32

iFox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Then you have a
> courage to criticize the instrument info on Keno's
> website. Well, just for your info as far as I know
> Keno has the permission from the Stones to publish
> the lyrics and the info you've mentioned plus
> those info are from the Stones insiders.

His crediting of who played what on Gomper for example is way off.... We Love you, Brian Jones only played the mellotron part(there's no other brass instruments on the record), same goes for She's like a Rainbow, Jigsaw Puzzle etc etc.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-29 00:55 by His Majesty.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 29, 2007 00:44

tatoo you is a great album but If beggars banquet and exile are 10 out of 10 then giving it a 6 or 6.9 is reasonable. Rating systems and comparrison to other ablums aren't that important anyways. Its better to enjoy each album and appreciate it for what it is without thinking how it ranks with other ones.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-29 00:45 by ryanpow.

Re: Keno.org opinions
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 29, 2007 01:08

Ryanpow.

I need to think more of your post... later. The post "dissappearing threads" is in jeopardy! LOL



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 423
Record Number of Users: 189 on August 24, 2021 20:10
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home