Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ipod and SACDs
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 21, 2007 19:36

Have any of you experienced any problem in transferring SACD to the itunes library?

Mine just won't work.

Do I have to give up and dig out the old decca version of my stones CDs?

C

Re: Ipod and SACDs
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 19:50

I have the Beggars SACD and it transferred fine. Running Windows.

Posted by: rs1806 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 20:17

I could trasfer "Get yer ya ya's out" without problems, too, but tt's a Hybrid-SACD, i.e. it runs on every CD-Player. I've never tried with only SACDs.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 21, 2007 22:08

A pure (non-hybrid) SACD is somehow analog instead of digital, at least that's what I gather from Marantz version thereof. In any case, using iTunes on two different MACs I've never had a problem w/ the Stones hybrid titles

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 25, 2007 14:50

I just bought Nano i-pod to listen to my RS boots at work. But I can´t figure out how to get these CD-R´s imported to i-tunes. Forward thanks for any help. Cheers.

Date: November 25, 2007 16:36

R Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A pure (non-hybrid) SACD is somehow analog instead
> of digital, at least that's what I gather from
> Marantz version thereof.

The (non - hybrid) SACD is not analog but,it will be converted to analog unless your player and receiver uses either an HDMI version 1.2a or higher connection or an I Link (aka IEEE 1394 & Firewire) connection.This is due to copy protection measures.It doesn't seem to make much sense to listen to a technology called DSD - Direct Stream Digital using analog connections.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 25, 2007 16:40

i got so frustrated that I had to even re-buy the sacds from itunes ie. Beggars to put them on there. Couldnt import any of the abcko 2002 re-issues on my ipod

Date: November 26, 2007 03:33

You would figure that it would work using the regular CD layer.What about making a cd-r copy of the regular cd layer and then trying to import?If that doesn't work,there are the earlier releases.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home