Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ipod and SACDs
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 21, 2007 19:36

Have any of you experienced any problem in transferring SACD to the itunes library?

Mine just won't work.

Do I have to give up and dig out the old decca version of my stones CDs?

C

Re: Ipod and SACDs
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 19:50

I have the Beggars SACD and it transferred fine. Running Windows.

Posted by: rs1806 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 20:17

I could trasfer "Get yer ya ya's out" without problems, too, but tt's a Hybrid-SACD, i.e. it runs on every CD-Player. I've never tried with only SACDs.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 21, 2007 22:08

A pure (non-hybrid) SACD is somehow analog instead of digital, at least that's what I gather from Marantz version thereof. In any case, using iTunes on two different MACs I've never had a problem w/ the Stones hybrid titles

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 25, 2007 14:50

I just bought Nano i-pod to listen to my RS boots at work. But I can´t figure out how to get these CD-R´s imported to i-tunes. Forward thanks for any help. Cheers.

Date: November 25, 2007 16:36

R Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A pure (non-hybrid) SACD is somehow analog instead
> of digital, at least that's what I gather from
> Marantz version thereof.

The (non - hybrid) SACD is not analog but,it will be converted to analog unless your player and receiver uses either an HDMI version 1.2a or higher connection or an I Link (aka IEEE 1394 & Firewire) connection.This is due to copy protection measures.It doesn't seem to make much sense to listen to a technology called DSD - Direct Stream Digital using analog connections.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 25, 2007 16:40

i got so frustrated that I had to even re-buy the sacds from itunes ie. Beggars to put them on there. Couldnt import any of the abcko 2002 re-issues on my ipod

Date: November 26, 2007 03:33

You would figure that it would work using the regular CD layer.What about making a cd-r copy of the regular cd layer and then trying to import?If that doesn't work,there are the earlier releases.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home