Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: NIRVANA'S "MTV Unplugged" DVD to finally be released !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 23, 2007 17:24

There's a handful of video/films that have never been released on DVD (LADIES AND GENTLEMEN/LET IT BE/DYLAN'S '75 TV CONCERT "Hard Rain"/DYLAN - PETTY Show in Australia from the late 80's - "Hard to Handle" I believe/ATLANTIC CITY '89 STONES/HAMPTON, VIRGINIA '81 STONES/DYLAN - RENALDO AND CLARA (etc., etc.) and you wonder what is up with these major omissions. Earlier this year one was taken care of with U2 POPMART LIVE IN MEXICO CITY '97 - took 10 years but it FINALLY came out on DVD and now another MAJOR missing in action great performance - The Nirvana Unplugged performance on MTV - will be hitting the stores on the 20th of November - only took FOREVER to come out !!! Extra's include rehearsal footage as well as 2 unaired songs - "SOMETHING IN THE WAY" and "OH ME" has been added to the complete MTV broadcast version that will be on the disc.

Also out on DVD in NOV:

AMAZING JOURNEY: The Story of THE WHO - 11/6/07 (on 2 DVD's - suppose to be great)

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME - Led Zeppelin - 11/20/07 (now on 2 discs with all the left out songs - CELEBRATION DAY/OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY/MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP/HEARTBREAKER/THE OCEAN/etc. - put back in as well as major sound improvement)

Any other important films/videos that are MIA that I forgot to mention? Please leave a comment about it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-23 17:52 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: NIRVANA'S "MTV Unplugged" DVD to finally be released !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 23, 2007 23:54

HEY, WAIT/I GOT A NEW COMPLAINT/FOREVER IN DEBT/TO YOUR PRICELESS ADVICE...
(Heart Shaped Box)....

Nobody around here cares about Kurt enough to bump this baby back up? SHAME ON Y'ALL !!! NIRVANA RULES MAN !!!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 24, 2007 01:31

....I was listening to that Nirvana MTV unplugged CD just the other day, Thursday I think it was......and I love it. I doubt I'll buy the DVD though, but thanks anyway Skeleter.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 24, 2007 01:52

Helter, I watched this on TV back in 93, and thought it was depressing. Kurt was playing for his own wake.

I much prefer the earlier electric performances.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 24, 2007 02:05

speaking of amazing journey by the who, on thewho.com the band is releasing a special 2 disc collection of live performances from 1969-76 (considered the bands best era, and for me, when they could claim the title "Best live band in music"). This looks to be interesting. Maybe the stones should look into something similar, considering this same time frame is when most fans consider the stones best era.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 24, 2007 02:09

...Happy Jack, the best rock show I ever saw, by any band, was The Who, November 28, 1975.....damn I'm getting goose bumps

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 24, 2007 05:11

Lukester, how was it? Ive heard they were really loud in 1975/76 (In 76 is when they set a volume record at Charlton).

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: October 24, 2007 12:49

Boring Nirvana,complete has beens.The kids of today think they suck.Courtney Love blows all the royalties on drugs etc....a totally pointless band in 2007/08

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 24, 2007 13:35

Great news. I love Nirvana and still consider Nevermind as one of my fave cds ever.
Looking forward too downloading that dvd.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 24, 2007 15:07

Not a huge Nirvana fan at all, but really like The Unplugged CD. I won't buy it either, but its pretty good stuff.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: October 29, 2007 00:11

a proper unplugged would do it for the kids on mtv.

where's that 'legacy' item?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 29, 2007 00:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-29 00:25 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: October 29, 2007 00:42

It's my first and favourite Nirvana album but I've lost my copy 5 or 6 years ago.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 29, 2007 06:31

I wonder if they will have "Sweet Home Alabama" on it. They did it in the session but it was obviously deleted before broadcast.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 29, 2007 09:01

They do a great version of Ledbelly's Where Did You Sleep Last Night. It is chilling. And they resurrected a Bowie classic, The Man Who Sold The World. So much so Bowie started doing it live in his sets.

Nirvana is one of the few classic new bands and really has some amazing stuff. Look forward to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home