Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue" Question
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: October 23, 2007 17:23

Hi all:

A buddy is on a quest to track down boot material from the "Voodoo" period and I'm trying to advise him on what to look for and where to find it. The problem is, I've never heard any of the leaked stuff from the sessions...

Can anyone advise as to which of the boxes is the best or how to best put togther a complete picture of the "Voodoo" recordings?

Many Thanks-
Rev.

Re: "Voodoo Brew/Stew/Residue" Question
Date: October 23, 2007 17:26

I only have Voodoo Stew, and that's a great box. The alternate VL-album (different mix) + outtakes with or without vocals.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 23, 2007 17:26

they're all mighty fine, Rev! if CD-Rs would satisfy your friend,
if you ask on the "hot stuff" page i'm sure someone would be glad to trade with you or something
(what continent are you on?)

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 23, 2007 17:51

Reverand! How is your back these days?

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: October 23, 2007 18:06

I would recommend getting all three as well. It's too exhausting to try and listen to them all in a day though, but they're fine to sift through over a few days. A few years back a buddy made me a special book of all the cds that fits in nicely with my other Stones stuff. Great to have, imo.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 23, 2007 19:06

Go tot he Buy/Sell/Trade side of this forum...Urbansteel
has everything nicely organized. Click the link...and scroll to "Studio Albums"

[www.iorr.org]

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 23, 2007 19:35

Yeah, I think all 3 would be good to have as they would give you a huge and clearer picture to the road to creating and completing Voodoo Lounge. Of the three, Voodoo Residue has less punch than the others. This Mick, keith and Charlie banging around ideas, phrases and melodies. hardly any songs here...but more like incomplete sentences of songs. A nice look...but not exactly easy to follow. Couple nice moments where Mick and Keith's songwriting shine though.

Not sure I remember Voodoo Stew. But i think it definitely had the majority of what Voodoo Brew had which are acetates from VL, also the music tracks (no vox) a Keith CD of just him and an acoutic guitar and a music only disc of songs that I think they were saving for another album. Such fantastic songs which sound like could have been a wonderful album. I think after these sets were leaked, Mick was infuriated and then abandoned the album.

Date: October 23, 2007 21:34

Neo and all:

Thanks so much for the info, but I'm strangled by my tech ignorance. I've downloaded the free player twice and it just seems to disappear into nothing. No player, no downloads...

Obviously, I'm missing something but what?

Anyone know? Many thanks...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 24, 2007 00:14

Don't download those "Downloaders".....simply scroll down to Voodoo Brew (or album of your choice) and click that link.....a list of the tracks will come up which you click and download individually. Play these MP3 tracks with Quicktime, iTunes or similar.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: October 24, 2007 04:10

When I click on the listed tracks, they simply appear on the bottom of the downloader page--they don't play, they don't launch any player and they can't be clicked "on."

Is it just me?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home