Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-AC/DC-Plug Me In
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: October 16, 2007 20:06

Has anyone picked this up yet? Any reviews?

Re: OT-AC/DC-Plug Me In
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: October 16, 2007 20:26

No, Amazon.de says October 26.

Date: October 16, 2007 20:40

I saw some in Wal-Mart on saturday but did not buy it

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 16, 2007 21:54

I will buy it, but I don't think I'll shell out the big bucks for the deluxe edition.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 22:48

I have it on pre-order. Should arrive early next week.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 22:21

Just bought it yesterday. 2 DVD's, first is Bon years, second is Brian years. All live clips from various concerts/ tv shows. Includes Angus and Malcolm with the Stones doing Rock Me Baby in Germany.
Overall a definite must have for any AC/DC fan. Great interview with Bon from late 1977. When I watch the interview, he kind of reminds me of Keith in the way he talks. Sort of slurs his words a bit.
One thing I hope they'll do is release the full concerts from where some of the videos are from. Detroit 83 was shown on MTV back in the mid 80's and I bought Tokyo 81 back in the mid 80's.
Couple more songs from the Glasgow Apollo show from 78. Few more songs were released previously on the Family Jewels DVD from a couple years ago.

Date: October 17, 2007 23:38

I just picked it up and am looking forward to viewing it. I did get the collectors edition because it was much less than expected. I paid $34.99 at Best Buy and the standard edition was only $16.99. When I saw a version of Girls Got Rhythm with Brian singing on disk 3, that sealed the deal for me.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 18, 2007 01:37

Got it in the mail today. Some of the early video is of bad quality, but you plainly see a band on the way up in income levels. Old amps replaced by Marshalls, old drum kit replaced, Bon getting his teeth fixed etc. LOL.

The last clip with Mark Evans on bass is a marathon "Baby Please Don't Go." Angus, despite his antics, was and is one hell of a guitarist. I've only gotten as far as late 1977, with Cliff Williams now replacing Evans on bass. The sound improves dramatically, and now the band's power is in full flight. This was during the "Let There Be Rock" tour.

Amazing stuff -- I went for the basic 2-DVD set, but even at that, it's some five hours' worth of footage.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 18, 2007 03:53

I hope this leads to new material and activity from AC/DC. Been way too long since they've been on the road.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 18, 2007 05:38

i agree..please tour! people are dying to see ac dc!

i need these guys to tour!

come on angus and malcolm pull it together for pete's sake!

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 18, 2007 09:02

Buy this months issue of Classi Rock magazine and if you subscribe, you get it for free! I buy the mag anyway, so it's a good thing to me!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 18, 2007 15:16

Just found it today (in a FNAC near Paris)
Took the 3DVD Edition
Very nice item.

Just took time to watch Ride On from the Stade de France. What a great souvenir !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 18, 2007 18:49

Picked it up at Best Buy---pretty great. An incredibly generous set with some great selections. Makes you wish the Stones did that too.

Date: October 19, 2007 20:56

I bought it yesterday, but Disc 2 for some reason won't let me do the rockbox feature, the screen for it comes up, but it does not highlight the songs, does anyone else have this problem

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 19, 2007 21:50

Got the 3 DVD version at Best Buy for around $35...This edition had the memoribilia package which are just reproductions of old tickets, satin passes and a fold out poster. What I thought they could have added were the Angus Dollar Bills they used on the 1990 tour during Money Talks.

Date: October 19, 2007 23:00

trainarollin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got the 3 DVD version at Best Buy for around
> $35...This edition had the memoribilia package
> which are just reproductions of old tickets, satin
> passes and a fold out poster. What I thought they
> could have added were the Angus Dollar Bills they
> used on the 1990 tour during Money Talks.

They already included those in a live CD set they release about the same time Donnington originally came out. Or maybe it was part of the
Donnington Video, either way, I remember getting one from there and the 1990 show at the Long Beach Arena.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home