Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Berry in NYC Friday night
Posted by: Guitarshredder41 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 00:40

Chuck is playing B.B. Kings Blues Club on September 14. Given that Keith lives in CT, does anything think he might show up?

Re: Chuck Berry in NYC Friday night
Date: September 13, 2007 00:44

"Depends"

smiling smiley

Posted by: ddurando150 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 04:03

he is also playing for free in cranford nj in a couple of weeks

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 13, 2007 08:48

it may be a free show to attend but Chuck is getting paid. Chuck don't play for the man for free.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 13, 2007 10:51

Where in CT does Keith live?

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: September 13, 2007 11:17

Guitarshredder41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck is playing B.B. Kings Blues Club on
> September 14. Given that Keith lives in CT, does
> anything think he might show up?

that sounds like a good theory anyway...i would go just in case :-)

Date: September 13, 2007 15:05

He's sat in with Les Paul at the Iridium before. And remember at the Boxcar Club a few years ago when Keith sat in with David "Honeyboy" Edwards?

Date: September 17, 2007 00:35

I just got back from my weekend in the city. The Chuck Berry show was fantastic. Chuck played (not really in order) Roll Over Beethoven, Rock and Roll Music, Nadine, You Can Never Tell, Around and Around, Johnny B. Goode, My Ding-a-Ling, Let it Rock, and others. He ended, as he usually does, with "Reelin and Rockin" bringing female fans onstage.

Sitting next to my table was Steve Jordan (X-Pensive Winos, Hail! HaiL! Rock'n Roll) sitting with actor Jeffery Wright (sp?). I didn't realize it until my friend told me later. I ran out during the last song in attempt to get Chuck to sign an album. Apparently Steve Jordan came onstage after Chuck left the stage and they introduced him. A woman outside said he or another bandmember said something to the effect of "Keith, come on back!" She thought Keith was in the house, though I didn't see him.

Before the show, around 5pm (show started at 8) Chuck drove up to the front of the venue in a Lincoln Towncar. I watched, waiting for the right moment to ask him to sign my album. Some idiot autograph collector ran up to Chuck as he was standing outside his car talking to his son and asked for an autograph. Chuck said no and got back into his car and drove away, and apparently went in another entrance. That was dissapointing.

But the show was great. Chuck was talkative the whole time, playing much better than the previous 2 times I had seen him. Probably because he brought his regular St. Louis band with him.

I had the chance to meet Chuck's son, Charles Berry Jr, who played guitar with Chuck. Really nice guy.

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: September 17, 2007 01:09

Chuck played at the musicfest in cranford yesterday - nj band the smithereens backed him up. Chuck definitely got paid as some of the local papers complained about the cost of the free concert to the county. Actually a great lineup for a free concert....English Beat, Smithereens, Chuck, Fountains of Wayne, the Alarm, Live, The Apples in Stereo(?). Pretty good for free.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 17, 2007 01:25

Guitarshredder41 Wrote:
> Some idiot autograph collector ran up to Chuck

LOL, that was you, right? grinning smiley

Date: September 17, 2007 01:35

If Chuck signed for the guy, I would've approached him too. But I was waiting for him to get to the stage door -- not when he was preoccupied talking to his son and the venue security.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: September 17, 2007 05:41

normanplace Wrote:
> Chuck played at the musicfest in cranford
> yesterday - nj band the smithereens backed him up.

The Smithereens were originally supposed to back him up, but I guess since he had his St. Louis band in town... there were no Smithereens on stage.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 17, 2007 09:52

I'm braving the $9 Heinekens, and making this show. You never know if it's your last chance with some of these cats..

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 17, 2007 16:13

Does Chuck actually tour with a band these days?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home