Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: total attandance
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 5, 2007 03:25

Hasse78 wrote:

(a) "1962 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nobody can top the tour gross. Nobody!

U2 could if they wanted to."

I doubt. By low prices, compared to the Stones, Vertigo Tour had total attendance 4,621,000. If U2 were charging higher prices then the attendance would be lower, i guess. In any case U2 wanted to beat the gross record. Who have said that? U2 themselves. Officialy. I remember a statement about it, on their official site, before Vertigo's start (a very ambitious tour, of course). You see, Hasse78 and Gazza, our boys (the Stones) are not the only "bad" boys into the industry who follow these annoying rules and criteria... You know, "first of all success = gross", etc, etc...

(b) "In Europe artists like Robbie Williams, Depeche Mode and Metallica could possible beat the Stones european attendance... but the cash in? No I dont think so."

I think only Robbie Williams could beat the Stones european attendance, not the other two acts. On a worldwide basis only U2 could do that. Maybe, in the future.

Personally, i don't give a shit about gross figures. But, i admit it, feel a kind of pride seeing how huge the attendance of their tours remain. After all these years... After the Stones having played to 22 million people in the years 1989- 2003... (OK Gazza, noone is perfect, just my feelings... Don't shoot me, man...)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home